What's new

Rambo will delete Kano if he's not changed

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The addition of Rambo is definitely going to shake things up, his V3 is going to blow Ripper out of the water BUT (and it's a fat cakey but), Stephanie said that there are variation changes coming. We don't know what exactly, but here's my uneducated guess. Kano's variations will be changed around because compared to another grappler like Kotal who has an easy to input MID command grab and does a frick ton of damage and really good whiff punish strings, Kano is much weaker. PLUS Rambo? Kano will be deleted and never used again. He's already ONLY used in tournaments by Bio.

Likely changes:

1. Figjam, Takedown and Penal Colony becomes base (most likely: either Takedown alone or Figjam and Penal Colony together)
  2. Snake Bite becomes 1 slot
  3. Lumbar check a mid
  4. F12 jails on EVERYONE
Obviously we don't know what changes they're going to make but I'm 100% sure they will adjust the weakest grapplers because of Rambo.

Wishful thinking or not?

(BUFF TERM)

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
The addition of Rambo is definitely going to shake things up, his V3 is going to blow Ripper out of the water BUT (and it's a fat cakey but), Stephanie said that there are variation changes coming. We don't know what exactly, but here's my uneducated guess. Kano's variations will be changed around because compared to another grappler like Kotal who has an easy to input MID command grab and does a frick ton of damage and really good whiff punish strings, Kano is much weaker. PLUS Rambo? Kano will be deleted and never used again. He's already ONLY used in tournaments by Bio.

Likely changes:

1. Figjam, Takedown and Penal Colony becomes base (most likely: either Takedown alone or Figjam and Penal Colony together)
  2. Snake Bite becomes 1 slot
Obviously we don't know what changes they're going to make but I'm 100% sure they will adjust the weakest grapplers because of Rambo.

Wishful thinking or not?

(BUFF TERM)
good call .... something fishy is coming up, NRS is cooking up something to shake up this variation system ....

I really would not be surprised if they even come with and ideia of taking off all "stolen \ borrowed" Mileena moves from Kitana Highborn variation, giving that for one of Mileena variations, and reworking Kitana to have other special moves, replacing that Kitana's tournament variation completely ..... with others new stuff :eek:

maybe they could do something like that related with Kano ???? :DOGE

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
good call .... something fishy is coming up, NRS is cooking up something to shake up this variation system ....

I really would not be surprised if they even come with and ideia of taking off all "stolen \ borrowed" Mileena moves from Kitana Highborn variation, giving that for one of Mileena variations, and reworking Kitana to have other special moves, replacing that Kitana's tournament variation completely ..... with others new stuff :eek:

maybe they could do something like that related with Kano ???? :DOGE
Can you imagine how pissed off all the Kitana players would be if they suddenly removed one of her variations? I don't think NRS would ever kick that beehive

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Can you imagine how pissed off all the Kitana players would be if they suddenly removed one of her variations? I don't think NRS would ever kick that beehive
depends .... if they come up with something more Kitana related , kinda picking up some moves of MKX back to this MK11 Kitana, maybe works ..... is this Highborn variation , after all, the most used by Kitana players ?

Don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself?
I mean those Kombat Kasts are just shitty television sales advertisements and we don't really know what's going on with those characters until we've taken them to the lab.

On top of that there's a balance patch incoming as well, so Kano might be buffed in some way so the discussion will either be obsolete or more productive when that time has come.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Don't you think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself?
I mean those Kombat Kasts are just shitty television sales advertisements and we don't really know what's going on with those characters until we've taken them to the lab.

On top of that there's a balance patch incoming as well, so Kano might be buffed in some way so the discussion will either be obsolete or more productive when that time has come.
I'm light years ahead of myself but that is what speculations are lmao.

But I do believe that they are going to change variations and IF NOT, as you said, a patch is coming. I think just from looking at Rain and Rambo they look really strong and they will most likely adjust some things, of course we don't know their frames but Rambo has a crawl that goes under highs, an EVERYTHING parry and a command grab, he has mixups (again unsure of frames), and that's all in one variation. Then, he has a string that pops up (not Kano's B2 that scales to hell and back and his slow and negative AF) in his base kit. That's automatically stronger than Kano. So not totally out of the left field imo.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
depends .... if they come up with something more Kitana related , kinda picking up some moves of MKX back to this MK11 Kitana, maybe works ..... is this Highborn variation , after all, the most used by Kitana players ?
I mean it's possible, I didn't think it was but the fact that they hinted that something with variations are gonna change...they might actually take away her sai.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I completely agree.

You make a great point regarding kotal. I still cannot understand in my mind how Kotal has gotten away with an easy input MID cmd grab that tics off a string.

I hear players who say "it's not hard to input real cmd grab" but my response is always: In a game in which moves are measured in frames, inputting 3 buttons takes longer than 2 buttons period.
Kano is supposed to be THE mortal kombat grappler archetype. Any cheese ball cmd grab moves should be given to him.

I do think the F4 extra string in every variation may be a little OD, but his grappling and tics should get a little tweak (whats the point of ticcing off 11 when his poke data make jailing crazy difficult, people mash right outta that string constantly).
And making spit jail universally would be yyyuuuuuuge.

Caveat: If they don't buff Kano the grappler Rambo still looks fun af

Last edited:

Zer0_h0ur

I mean it's possible, I didn't think it was but the fact that they hinted that something with variations are gonna change...they might actually take away her sai.
My guess is Edenian razors becomes 2 slot (fair trade, move is amazing), and they give her a gimmick extra slot move and delete royal whatever pose from the Highborn kit. Razors still OD as fuck, I'd still roll with Highborn on occasion. It make sense bc you can't just make Mileena be highborn bc she doesn't have fans/razors.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Rambo's birth means the death of all Kano's that came before him

Not much of a loss, MK11 Kano is a pale shadow of MKX kano anyways.
Cutthroat was one of my mains and I just can't play this version of Kano.
Yeah he's kinda boring, only fun variation is Dirtbag and he doesn't have a CG. :oops:

I completely agree.

You make a great point regarding kotal. I still cannot understand in my mind how Kotal has gotten away with an easy input MID cmd grab that tics off a string.

I hear players who say "it's not hard to input real cmd grab" but my response is always: In a game in which moves are measured in frames, inputting 3 buttons takes longer than 2 buttons period.
Kano is supposed to be THE mortal kombat grappler archetype. Any cheese ball cmd grab moves should be given to him.

I do think the F4 extra string in every variation may be a little OD, but his grappling and tics should get a little tweak (whats the point of ticcing off 11 when his poke data make jailing crazy difficult, people mash right outta that string constantly).
And making spit jail universally would be yyyuuuuuuge.

Caveat: If they don't buff Kano the grappler Rambo still looks fun af
Exactly, Kotal already blows him out of the water. Term is a slower version of Kano with less damage. So like we're stuck with Kotal who's basic AF to play imo. I think Rambo will be great for the game and will switch things up.

If they do nothing but make Kano's CG a mid I'll be fine with it.

Zer0_h0ur

Yeah he's kinda boring, only fun variation is Dirtbag and he doesn't have a CG. :oops:

Exactly, Kotal already blows him out of the water. Term is a slower version of Kano with less damage. So like we're stuck with Kotal who's basic AF to play imo. I think Rambo will be great for the game and will switch things up.

If they do nothing but make Kano's CG a mid I'll be fine with it.
A Ripper + Dirtbag Kano hybrid would be perfect, even keeping cmd grab a high imo.