What's new

Rain general discussion

Zviko

Noob
If all the specials he did in the fight against Kotal are actually in the same tournament variation it would be fucking awesome. 3 launchers, dodging thing, restand. Perfect.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
He seems alot like a fujin/baraka mix. like you gotta whiff punish to start your insane damage, cause the recovery in his specials BARELY look safe. (Specifically his water evasion attacks)

Zviko

Noob
I wonder if the move at 0:30 that KBs Kotal's wake up can also absorb projectiles. It looks like you can hold it and the water has shield-like shape. Maybe it works the same as that Spawn special.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Atheistically gorgeous, this design team is elite.

Did anyone else feel that he's basically water Fujin? Flying moves, fast af movement, long range attacks, basically gets a tool kit other base chars don't.

Been saying a year now it seems they just keep giving new chars better movement, flying moves, over and over.

Did anyone else feel that he's basically water Fujin? Flying moves, fast af movement, long range attacks, basically gets a tool kit other base chars don't.

Been saying a year now it seems they just keep giving new chars better movement, flying moves, over and over.
I want Kitana to be DLC next game. Maybe they wont half bake her if she is dlc.

mook

Noob
Damn he looks awesome, looks like he still has a ton of combo extenders which is fantastic. The skins we‘ve seen so far also look really good, exactly what I‘d expect Rain to have lol

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I hope he gets a variation of this costume where his hair is out. That would be perfect!

View attachment 17607
I'm hoping one of his masks just completely removes not only the mask but the head gear altogether cause I'd love to see his hair. But this skin is definitely my favorite. Serving Prince of Persia realness. But I still think he has 1 more skin we haven't seen yet. We've seen his default, one skin that kinda reminds me of Injustice, and this one. But I don't think we saw a 4th.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
yea, the Persian/Indian vibe is perfect on him. And I just feel like his moves are so good and smooth and he is just showing off while fighting - that would be sooooo Rain-ish :p

Damn, they nailed him!!!

Gaxkang

Banned
This Rain has potential to be my top 2 MK characters ever. The only thing that can prevent it is if they make him not fun with stupid variation choices like they did with Noob.
You'll probably want to prepare yourself heh

He looks cool tho...I guess he has some kind of damage immune move.

Definitely, though they laid a massive egg when it came to Sheeva. Nothing fancy, no serious 4 armed abilities besides the fire balls - not part of tournament variations, dumbest shit ever - and that shield just an awful weapon choice. Glad I never cared for her, just the only shokan and her looks made me have hope. Rain didn’t care for either, but just blew it out of the water

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Hot take: Rain's Fatal Blow is dumb as it doesn't utilize his lightning. Where the lightning at?

Gaxkang

Banned
Definitely, though they laid a massive egg when it came to Sheeva. Nothing fancy, no serious 4 armed abilities besides the fire balls - not part of tournament variations, dumbest shit ever - and that shield just an awful weapon choice. Glad I never cared for her, just the only shokan and her looks made me have hope. Rain didn’t care for either, but just blew it out of the water
Yah I'm not sure how Shokan fighter became focused on a shield in the game design...

Somebody got focused on shield bashing....