What's new

Rain general discussion

Wigy

There it is...
Instant jumpkick into air quantum slice is pretty dirty.

Jails and completely safe on block with mb and it does the bird lao ‘im fucking outta here’ even if you dont mb.

You’ve just got a giant meaty jk hitbox into safety.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
13. Hit confirm into water.

Y'all missing the point with this shit lmfaoooo
If you get the shimmy, you miss out on the damage, and no one is getting hit by 13 if you're fishing for it. Most of all you lose the option of a mid projectile that safety covers your gaps and gives a mind game off pokes.

Bubble sucks, as does Purple Pain.

As a player returning from a long hiatus, this has been useful. Trying to step my game up a little. It sounds like if I stick with quantum slice, Edenian force, and geyser palm then I'll have an okay setup to re-learn with.

Wigy

There it is...
Said it before ill say it again. Pls go look at rains sweep on block. Whiff punish o'clock.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So here is my Rain setup. Geyser palm, tidal wave, and edenian force. What do you guys think about that? I know Hydro boost is the wave right now, but I don’t like it cause of the hit box issues with certain characters and because it acts weird in the corner.

Zviko

Noob
So here is my Rain setup. Geyser palm, tidal wave, and edenian force. What do you guys think about that? I know Hydro boost is the wave right now, but I don’t like it cause of the hit box issues with certain characters and because it acts weird in the corner.
This would be my setup if I wasn't torturing myself with Purple Pain.

Wigy

There it is...
One of rains grabs should loop IMO.

It makes no sense fujins air bubbles are one slot and basically just better in every way than purple pain.

if hes guna have low damage and slight jank normals id like him to have better oki options.

Agilaz

It has begun
Seems the general consensus is Rain is low mid tier and honestly, I agree.

But mostly because his damage, normals, and whiffing issues holds him back.

That, and the power of customs that the top tiers have.
I don't like to say I told you so, but I told y'all so. For MK11 I think I've had a bad take on a character only once, which was me claiming Spawn was shit when I hadn't realised yet how badly you can bully people with 3,4xx. In Rain's case I could've told you beforehand he wasn't gonna be amazing cause ever since I got into NRS games, all the characters that I loved design-wise have turned out to be kinda shit.

Aside from the flaws you mentioned, Rain is a character that feels like he was "pre-balanced" with legal ranked customs in mind. For the base cast it was just a matter of opening the floodgates and letting stupid shit rock.

That said, he's still fun to play and I managed to get to DG using mainly Rain so I'm gonna keep him as part of my personal roster.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
One of rains grabs should loop IMO.

It makes no sense fujins air bubbles are one slot and basically just better in every way than purple pain.

if hes guna have low damage and slight jank normals id like him to have better oki options.
Honestly I have no idea why a character with stubby normals who’s whole game plan is to keep you close, has both his grabs kick you full screen. I think b2 needs range to be slightly increased, and the whiffing issues need to be fixed and the flawless block gap on B212 needs to be removed or 133 the last hit needs to hit mid. But I think if they increase the range on B2 and remove the flawless block on b212, as well as fix the hydro boost issues with certain characters and in the corner those 3 changes would make him fine.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Honestly I have no idea why a character with stubby normals who’s whole game plan is to keep you close, has both his grabs kick you full screen. I think b2 needs range to be slightly increased, and the whiffing issues need to be fixed and the flawless block gap on B212 needs to be removed or 133 the last hit needs to hit mid. But I think if they increase the range on B2 and remove the flawless block on b212, as well as fix the hydro boost issues with certain characters and in the corner those 3 changes would make him fine.
Hit box inconsistencies should be fixed, but the gap in B212 doesn’t need to go, nor does 133 need to hit mid. He can use Katar AMP to cover those flaws very well, if you don’t want to spend offensive bar you can always put on an ability like Hydroplane for defensive bar cancel.