What's new

Guide Rain Frame Data

Medina4life

Media Master
So Rain actually is +frames on some of his RH cancels. :D
I was talking ith soonk, but I wonder if rain can RH back dash cancel into b2 and it'll trap the opponent? Gahh, I have things to test out. gahh I can't wait.

Can you hit confirm b2 into combo or rh cancel for more pressure? If so, Rain is Cage plus Kabal pressure <3

Enenra

Go to hell.
I was talking ith soonk, but I wonder if rain can RH back dash cancel into b2 and it'll trap the opponent? Gahh, I have things to test out. gahh I can't wait.

Can you hit confirm b2 into combo or rh cancel for more pressure? If so, Rain is Cage plus Kabal pressure <3
I hope you are right, I have said that a few times, but lack the skill to back it up. Would be great in getting him a substantial player base...

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Cancel Advantage (block) - number of frames that show how fast you and your opponent recover after the move is cancelled and is blocked.
1 - +19
1,1 - +24
1,2 - +20
2 - +25
2,4 - +22
3 - +15
3,3 - +18
4 - +25
4,3 - +25
D+1 - +1
D+3 - +2
D+4 - +26
B+2 - +25

Cancel Advantage (hit) - number of frames that show how fast you and your opponent recover after the move is cancelled and lands. If there is two numbers, the second one is if your opponent tech rolls.
1 - +25
1,1 - +36
1,2 - +26
2 - +24
2,4 - +24
3 - +32
3,3 - +28
4 - +32
4,3 - +27
D+1 - +15
D+1 (vs crouch) - +13
D+3 - +12
D+3 (vs crouch) - +19
D+4 - +32
D+4 (vs crouch) - +25
B+2 - +39

Miscellaneous
Breaker (when grounded vs grounded opponent) - ~+15, ~+13[/quote]

OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! if for some reason i see you in real life i will hug you

Albo

Noob
I'm a little confused as to what exactly the frame data is on rains water (regular tele) and aqua port (ex tele) is. How many frames of recovery does he have when he appears behind the opponent? I'm seeing different info at different places for them. I can see that aqua port is -12 from the data here (making it safer than raidens tele pretty much) and water port has 43 frames of duration but how punishable is water port Somberness.

Somberness

Lights
I'm a little confused as to what exactly the frame data is on rains water (regular tele) and aqua port (ex tele) is. How many frames of recovery does he have when he appears behind the opponent? I'm seeing different info at different places for them. I can see that aqua port is -12 from the data here (making it safer than raidens tele pretty much) and water port has 43 frames of duration but how punishable is water port Somberness.
The duration lists the number of frames. The enhanced teleport is an attack so it has block advantage, the regular teleport does not.
Albo, listen to Brownie, but you also have to include 5 and rarely 7 frames if you are using a normal to punish it. This does not apply if you are recovering from block stun after he has already switched sides.

Albo

Noob
The duration lists the number of frames. The enhanced teleport is an attack so it has block advantage, the regular teleport does not.
Thanks, but how many frames is rain negative for after he appears behind the opponent when doing a water port (in other words what's the punishing window on the water port)?

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
Thanks, but how many frames is rain negative for after he appears behind the opponent when doing a water port (in other words what's the punishing window on the water port)?
Water-Port - 34-43 (12-21 in front, 22 behind)
You have 12 to 21 frames to punish in front and 22 in back.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Now there is, updated it so that you can figure it out. Take the minimum duration (23) and subtract it from the cancel advantage to figure it out. Here it is for his normals on block:
1 - -4
1,1 - +1
1,2 - -3
2 - +2
2,4 - -1
3 - -8
3,3 - -5
4 - +2
4,3 - +2
D+1 - -22
D+3 - -21
D+4 - +3
B+2 - +2

Is there any specific number for how fast you can dash out of a roundhouse, and how fast you can cancel the dash with another move?

For example 4xRH puts rain at +2 on block, is that from the moment you cancel into the roundhouse or like, from when you can dash out? Its quite hard to understand this aspect of the frame data so if theres something im missing im probably just being stupid!

Edit- b2xRH on hit is 35 cancel advantage - 23 = +12, so you can just about link a standing 4 and it combos, but how long does the dashing out of RH and into standing 4 take (worded it a bit better)

Flagg

Noob
smokey, we meet again in another thread! Thinking of picking up Rain? I have to admit, Foxy's Rain has inspired me somewhat. His combos are easier to hit then I realised (and super damaging) and his normals are amazing.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
smokey, we meet again in another thread! Thinking of picking up Rain? I have to admit, Foxy's Rain has inspired me somewhat. His combos are easier to hit then I realised (and super damaging) and his normals are amazing.
More trying to figure out his cancel advantages and where i can and cant interrupt, i already play rain :p

Somberness

Lights
Is there any specific number for how fast you can dash out of a roundhouse, and how fast you can cancel the dash with another move?

For example 4xRH puts rain at +2 on block, is that from the moment you cancel into the roundhouse or like, from when you can dash out? Its quite hard to understand this aspect of the frame data so if theres something im missing im probably just being stupid!

Edit- b2xRH on hit is 35 cancel advantage - 23 = +12, so you can just about link a standing 4 and it combos, but how long does the dashing out of RH and into standing 4 take (worded it a bit better)
It's from when you can use an attack. Dashing out into a standing 4 would take a minimum of 33 frames (23+10).

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
It's from when you can use an attack. Dashing out into a standing 4 would take a minimum of 33 frames (23+10).
So you just read what i wrote back to me and put the numbers the other way round and i understand it perfectly. You sir are a genius! thanks!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Rain do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?

YOMI Reno_Racks

I have a dream...
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Rain do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?
Rain doesn't really use any block strings to apply pressure. He does roundhouse cancel pressure which consists of 4rhc, 43rhc, 2rhc, d4rhc and b2rhc. Jade can easily exglow after every rhc but she wouldn't need to because she could just poke out. Out of the roundhouse cancels 4,3 would be the only possibility but it's completely uninteruptable. 4,3,b4, B2,1+2 and 1,2,f4 are used as well and all of those are completely uninteruptable. Hope that helps pimp