What's new

Guide Rain Combo Thread

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
This is what I've been able to come up with so far:

1,2,F+4, dash, 1, 4,3, D+F+3 (Water Bubble), 4,3, Lightning, Roundhouse, Geyser = 37% no metre, 49% w/ Ex-Boost
- (Water Bubble takes too long and Boost wears off before the end of the combo)

1,2,F+4,dash, 1,2 F+4,dash, 4,3,D+B+2 (Lightning),dash, D+B+4 (Roundhouse), D+B+3 (Geyser Kick) = 35% no metre, 52% w/ Ex-Boost

4, Roundhouse, 1, dash, 4,3, Water Bubble, 4,3, Lightning, Geyser = 35% no metre, 48% w/ Ex-Boost

B+2, 1+2, dash, B+1, 1+2, dash, 4, Water Bubble, 4,3, Lightning, Roundhouse, Geyser Kick = 34% no metre, 44% w/ Ex-Boost

B+2, 1+2, dash, 4,3, Water Bubble, 4,3 Lightning, Roundhouse, Geyser = 33% no metre, 45% w/ Ex-Boost

NJP, B+2, 1+2, 4, Water Bubble, 4,3 Lightning, Roundhouse, Water Gun = 34%

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Not sure if this was posted, yet.

jump in punch, 4,3,lighting, 4,3,super roundhouse, 4,3,x-ray, 4,3,water spray - 55% and leaves them standing

Abudabi

Noob
sometimes in training mode you can waterbubble after an xray if the string grounds your opponent the moment the ball hits Wonder if Rain has an OTG waterbubble reset. Even so the timing is too random/tricky

TheChad_87

Bad Reputation
B+2, 1+2, dash, B+2, 1+2, dash, 4, 3, Water Bubble, 4, 3, Lightning, H2O boost (30%, 10 Hits)

How's this? Decent mix-up with the 2nd hit being overhead, and ends in a safe boost.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Just a neat little 68% ex damage boost corner combo.

Jump in punch, 43 lightning, 43 geyser 43 geyser 43 geyser

Very risky but hey if you wanna go for something flashy and somehow managed to have have damage and an opponent in a corner, go for it. :)

EDIT:

Yeah lightning is good for setting up a safe ex damage boost. Just put lightning near the end of whatever combo you do and get your ex damage boost going.

@Chad, thats a good setup for it using the over head string.

Here's one for his 43 string and his 12 f4 string.

43, water ball, 43 roundhouse, 43 lightning ex damage boost - 35% super unsafe if they block

12 f4, 12 f4, 43 water ball 43 lightning ex damage boost - 32% safe string

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
SektorCyrax said:
j.p 12f4 12f4 43 water bubble 43 lightning superkick uppercut - 41%
This is mine, but I like to end with geyser kick because it gives you advantage.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Is 4, 3 hit-confirmable? Everyone's starting with it, but it sure looks risky to me.
It's very risky, I doubt its safe on block. But it does a ton of damage, best used mid combo. You can do 43 into pretty much anything.

- Fun corner combo, probably a solid one if you want to keep them in the corner.

jump in punch, b2 1+2 43 geyser 43 geyser 43 geyser = 40%

jump in punch 12 f4 43 geyser 43 geyser 43 geyser = 42%

if you can hit a lightning mid combo or any string that can go into 43 you can do this geyser loop 3 times. Does pretty good damage and it keeps them in the corner.

It's very risky, I doubt its safe on block. But it does a ton of damage, best used mid combo. You can do 43 into pretty much anything.

- Fun corner combo, probably a solid one if you want to keep them in the corner.

jump in punch, b2 1+2 43 geyser 43 geyser 43 geyser = 40%

jump in punch 12 f4 43 geyser 43 geyser 43 geyser = 42%

if you can hit a lightning mid combo or any string that can go into 43 you can do this geyser loop 3 times. Does pretty good damage and it keeps them in the corner.
I mean as an opener is 4, 3 confirmable? I've had people tell me that you can confirm hit and go into lightning, or confirm block and end the string with b4 which is safe, but I sure don't seem to be able to do that fast enough to confirm.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I mean as an opener is 4, 3 confirmable? I've had people tell me that you can confirm hit and go into lightning, or confirm block and end the string with b4 which is safe, but I sure don't seem to be able to do that fast enough to confirm.
Yeah it's hit confirmable. Can go into anything, didn't know about the b4 ender to make it safe though.

Ulturas

Noob
It seems like the db3 randomly whiffs after the 4 a lot of the times. So, I changed it up a little bit and found something more consistent. I replace the 11 with another 4,3 before the lightning bolt, so I don't have to use the 4 xx db3 at the end. Rather than using the 4 canceled into db3, I just do a db3 and it still does 40% damage.
I've actually tried this one but thing is like you can't do the 4 xx db3 at the end of the combo if you don't do the 11 before lightning I imagine that'd probably make the combo easily 41-42% meterless if it were doable :(. I did that on my 44% with 1 ex bar combo because you can actually land the aqua splash enhanced unlike the geyser kick which kinda sucks. But yea dude I saw your 40% vid good stuff man :D.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Meterless mid screen combo by Check

Pretty hard, the key is the timing with the uppercut.

Inputs:

Jump in punch, 3~roundhouse(it combos) dash uppercut dash 43 Aqua Splash( bf3) 43 lightning 43 geyser.

The key here is to wait a second after you do the roundhouse then dash real quick and uppercut fast. Also, be sure to whiff the final 4 in the 43 into geyser, that's what he does in the video.

so like this 43 lightning, 4(whiff)3 geyser.

Hope that helps.

These are 2 pretty good combos 1 for punish and 1 for jump in.
Punish- 43, lightening, 43, roundhouse 2(or 43 or 4) water orb 43 stream for reset
Jump in- j1 12f4 12f4 43 water orb 43 lightening roundhouse stream or 43 stream for reset

Hey all. Below you'll find a combo list I spent most of the day working on. It contains, as far as I can tell, optimal damage-to-reliability combos off of every major starter or situation Rain is likely to encounter in a real fight. I want to stress that these are NOT max-damage combos, but rather combos that fall into my personal definition of "Bread N Butter" which is the maximum damage combo I can hit reliably on reaction to finding myself in that particular situation. There are also a few rules I kept in mind while putting the list together, as well as some interesting general findings for Rain that I discovered along the way (see below the list for details).

air-to-air JP, >>, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, superkick, 4, jet - 23%

lightning (anywhere on screen), bubble, 4, superkick, 4, 3, jet - 24%

bubble, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, lightning, >>, 4, jet - 32%

njp, >>, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, dash, 4, jet - 35%

4, superkick, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, >>, 4, jet - 35%

b+2, 1+2, >>, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, >>, 4, jet - 37%

1, 2, f+4, >>, 1, 2, f+4, >>, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, superkick, 4, jet - 39%

4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, superkick, 4, 3, lightning, >> 4, jet - 40%

(corner) 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, geyser, 4, 3, geyser, 4, 3, geyser - 45%

Rules and Findings:
1. Obviously, you can add a jump-in punch to any combo for an additional 2-3% damage.

2. All combos end with the water jet (Aqua Splash) because I feel it's more advantageous to leave your opponent standing. You can substitute the jet for Geyser Kick in any combo for an additional 1-3% damage.

3. It can be somewhat difficult/unreliable to chain the final 4 into the Splash/Geyser at the end of the combos. You can drop this and only lose 1-2% damage on each combo. Doing so makes most of these reliable enough even for online play.

4. All of these combos are X-Ray compatible with very minor modification. To do this, you just drop the final Splash/Geyser (which can be added back in at the end of the X-Ray), and figure out what height your opponent needs to be at for the X-Ray to connect. Depending on that height (and the scaling of the combo), ending the sequence in 4, 43, or Lightning will set up the X-Ray. I do this because I want to be able to reflexively insert an X-Ray into my combo at any moment without having to remember additional setups.

5. I've noticed that Rain's various juggling special moves (bubble, lightning, and superkick) all influence scaling to greater or lesser degrees. In general, the bubble scales the least, and the lightning scales the most, with the superkick right in the middle. That means that, all else being equal, you want to try to put the bubble earliest in the combo, followed by the kick, and then the lightning nearest the end. This isn't always possible, because certain setups require different move order to get the most hits, but it's a good guideline to know.

All meterless; all ending with Aqua Splash.

Midscreen:

(b+2,1+2 > dash)x2 > 4,3 xx Water Bubble > 4,3 xx Lightning > Super Kick > 4 xx Aqua Splash (37%)
nj.1/2 > b+2,1+2 > dash > 4,3 xx Water Bubble > 4,3 xx Lightning > Super Kick > 4 xx Aqua Splash (35%)
(air-to-air) dj.1/2 > dash > 4 xx Water Bubble > 2 > 4,3 xx Lightning > Super Kick > 4 xx Aqua Splash (22%)

Omit the last 4 from the above combos to deal about 2% less and make them easier.

Lightning > Water Bubble > 2 xx Super Kick > 4,3 xx Aqua Splash (24%)

Lightning > (dash)x2 > 4,3 xx Super Kick > 4,3 xx Water Bubble > 4,3 xx Aqua splash (33%)
4,3 xx Water Bubble > 4,3 xx Super Kick > 4,3 xx Lightning > 4,3 xx Aqua Splash (43%)

Change the last 4,3 to a 2 in the two above combos to deal about 2% less and make them easier

Corner:

b+2,1+2 > 2 > 2 > 4,3 xx Geyser Kick > 4,3 xx Lightning > 4,3 xx Aqua Splash (40%)
1,2,f+4 > 2 > 2 > 4,3 xx Geyser Kick > 4,3 xx Lightning > 4,3 xx Aqua Splash (42%)
4,3 xx Water Bubble > 2 > 2 > 4,3 xx Geyser Kick > 4,3 xx Lightning > 4,3 xx Aqua Splash (45%)

Omit a 2 from the above combos to deal about 1% less and make them easier. You can dash before and after the single 2 if you do so.

Ulturas

Noob
Meterless mid screen combo by Check

Pretty hard, the key is the timing with the uppercut.

Inputs:

Jump in punch, 3~roundhouse(it combos) dash uppercut dash 43 Aqua Splash( bf3) 43 lightning 43 geyser.

The key here is to wait a second after you do the roundhouse then dash real quick and uppercut fast. Also, be sure to whiff the final 4 in the 43 into geyser, that's what he does in the video.

so like this 43 lightning, 4(whiff)3 geyser.

Hope that helps.
That is some really hard shit that Check came out with I've done about 80% of the combo but I stuffed up the 4 whiff 3 geyser kick :(.

Ulturas

Noob

Check came up with another combo just before he went to bed :D.

inputs: Jump in 2, 43 xx df3, place the bubble slightly behind you so they uppercut behind, dash back, 43 xx db2, dash forward once then half dash xx uppercut, dash forward, 43, bf1 (aqua splash)

It's pretty tough to pull off I'm not entirely sure if the aqua splash can land I know the enhanced can I'm sure Check will figure some way to get it haha.

Ulturas

Noob

I expanded on Checks 2nd combo with a slight variant and it is the same damage as his first combo but a lot easier to pull off imo, I got this in 2 attempts after figuring out Checks 2nd combo. The inputs are in the video description!