What's new

Guide Rain Combo Thread

Whats the trick to doing the roundhouse right after JIP 43 waterball 43? I always seem to either do the teleport, normal roundhouse, or geyser kick. =/

As a matter of fact, I have a hard time doing super roundhouse after 43 in general. My inputs on the screen always look accurate though. Sigh, what a frustrating input. 43 db2 can be EASILY done... so I know I don't have any trouble doing inputs like this but 43 db4 just doesn't want to work for me.
I find it easier if you hit the 4,3 as fast as possible and wait just a moment before inputting the d,b,4. If you are on a stick this is very easy to do, if on a controller then I suggest sliding your finger over 4 then 3 real quick.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I haven't really skimmed this thread and it's 10 pages so these may have been done but these I came up with in the first hour of playing him. Just some basics I suppose (or not?) lol. He's way too open ended to tell. LOVE this character. Well here's my contribution to the thread.

Ulturas

Noob
What's kinda annoying me is people keep saying 43 is an unsafe string, if you try 43 bubble against someone who's blocking it pushes them back so I can't understand the reasoning that it's an unsafe string if anything it's great for keeping the opponent at distance, even 43 bf1 (squirtle) is a pushback, even a db4 after the string is excellent because if they open up after the 43 you can start an entire new combo from the rh kick. The only time 43 is unsafe is if you don't add anything to the end of it that including the b4 to complete the actual combo and by hell I'll take the 7% chip damage on a blocking opponent from 43 bf1, 43 db4 anyday.

What's kinda annoying me is people keep saying 43 is an unsafe string, if you try 43 bubble against someone who's blocking it pushes them back so I can't understand the reasoning that it's an unsafe string if anything it's great for keeping the opponent at distance, even 43 bf1 (squirtle) is a pushback, even a db4 after the string is excellent because if they open up after the 43 you can start an entire new combo from the rh kick. The only time 43 is unsafe is if you don't add anything to the end of it that including the b4 to complete the actual combo and by hell I'll take the 7% chip damage on a blocking opponent from 43 bf1, 43 db4 anyday.
4, 3, bubble is not safe. It's punishable at least by Raiden, Reptile, Nightwolf, Sub-Zero, and Cage, and probably a whole host of others I haven't tested. And I'm still not convinced that 4, 3 is reliably hit-confirmable. I know it's not online.

Ulturas

Noob
4, 3, bubble is not safe. It's punishable at least by Raiden, Reptile, Nightwolf, Sub-Zero, and Cage, and probably a whole host of others I haven't tested. And I'm still not convinced that 4, 3 is reliably hit-confirmable. I know it's not online.
From what I've heard Rain is really laggy online so it would be hard to test if 43 is hit confirmable :/.You're right though didn't really think of that, I guess it would be really situational to use 43 bubble, 43 squirtle and 43 rh I can't see being punished too badly because you recover quickly if the opponent is blocking. Plus you can also fake them out with RH then do a squirtle or another special.