What's new

Guide Rain Combo Thread

Ulturas

Noob

This is the 45% BnB combo I was talking about a few pages ago it's loosely based on Premos 44% Meterless combo. Very easy to pull off too inputs are in the vid description!

Small Edit: WonderChef also has this on his Rain mini combo clip!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
What do you guys do when lightning connects full screen away? Water bubble into 4~super kick seems very difficult. Anything easier and better? Thanks.

What do you guys do when lightning connects full screen away? Water bubble into 4~super kick seems very difficult. Anything easier and better? Thanks.
Try 2~Super Kick. I find it a bit easier since it hits higher and it actually does a bit more damage. Otherwise, you could try following up the Water Bubble with 2 > 4,3 xx Aqua Splash/Lightning.

Ulturas

Noob
db2, df3, 1, 43 xx bf1 is 19% - safe
db2, df3, 2, 43 xx bf1 is 21% - safe
db2, df3, 2, db4, 4 xx db3 is 23% - well timed
db2, df3, 2, db4, 43 xx bf1 is 24% - well timed

I might try figure something else out for the full screen lightning punishes.

Ulturas

Noob

Just experimenting a bit with whiffing the 43 at the end of a combo to get more damage and late lightnings, I got a theory that after you've done lightning it does a lot of damage scaling, just a theory though lol. Inputs are in the vid descriptions.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature

Just experimenting a bit with whiffing the 43 at the end of a combo to get more damage and late lightnings, I got a theory that after you've done lightning it does a lot of damage scaling, just a theory though lol. Inputs are in the vid descriptions.
I can tell you don't like rain

Abudabi

Noob
If you launch them with the lighting and waterball you could try this on your opponent:

DB2, DF3 (let them hit the ground then) B2,1+2,4,3, DF3

If your opponent doesn't block in time, follow up with: DB2,1+2, 4,3, DF3 and loop

If your opponent blocks:
throw or follow up with B2,B3

This will reset the projectile. if they fail to hit block immediately after they hit the ground you continue the string.When they do decide to block it, immediately throw them. You can always substitute the waterball with an ex version if you are able to shut down their ability to breaker. Just be careful not to actually combo the B2,1+2 with the waterball and you can repeat this.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Why not just duck under the projectile completely? Or teleport? You could also, instead of dash-cancelling the Super Kick, just special-cancel it.
Because he had ice clone covering his back so I could not teleport and he recovers in time off of the netural crouch from range. The dash cancel into a special is easier for me than just canceling into a special. Plus it moves you closer you your oppenet, it was what was working for me so I stuck with it.

Subby

Frost Warrior
I feel as though when a good Rain player gets in there and get his first hit on you- BAM! 40% of your life is gone in an instant. Kinda scary at how much damage he could do with seemingly easy combos (Though I do suppose they're hard to pull off?)

Whats the trick to doing the roundhouse right after JIP 43 waterball 43? I always seem to either do the teleport, normal roundhouse, or geyser kick. =/

As a matter of fact, I have a hard time doing super roundhouse after 43 in general. My inputs on the screen always look accurate though. Sigh, what a frustrating input. 43 db2 can be EASILY done... so I know I don't have any trouble doing inputs like this but 43 db4 just doesn't want to work for me.

On hit, B+2 xx Roundhouse xx instant forward dash-cancel, 3,3 or 3,4 is a 3 hit combo.

When it hits, you have enough advantage after B+2 xx Roundhouse xx dash-cancel (I say we call this a "double-cancel" off B+2) that your opponent can't block either of your strings which begin with front kick or back kick. From there you can link a Water Bubble or Lightning and continue the combo. In fact, you can probably even stick another Roundhouse into the combo later on because you never actually hit them with the first one -- you're specifically using that 1st Roundhouse to cancel out of B+2 as fast as possible, this "double-cancel" is the only way to squeeze enough advantage out of the B+2 hit-stun combo with FK or BK (3 or 4)...

So far, I haven't found any of Rain's normals, other than B+2, which allow Rain to put his opponent into hit-stun long enough to cancel into and out of his Roundhouse special, and still leave enough time to link another string to continue your combo...

Ankaku

Noob
I had a similar problem, what I do with rains 4,3 or the 1,2,f4 is just role my thumb over them smoothly, wait for the 2nd kick to start and input then. works like a charm now. IDK if its common knowledge, but simply rolling over these inputs makes things so much easier lol.

Im sure this has been posted but I can't seem to find it.
Corner
43 bubble uppercut 43 geyser 43 geyser 49%, 52% with jump in punch. 69% with boost. its actually pretty easy to do once you time the uppercut to hit the very beginning of the descent from the bubble.