What's new

Guide Rain Combo Thread

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
I have a 34% combo off of a full screen EX water orb for counter zoning. I believe the EX water orb has armor, but I could be wrong. So you use EX water orb to trade with a projectile and it leads to a 34% combo. I will take that over an EX freez with no armor any day.
EX Water Bubble does not have armor, but it drains your opponents metre just like EX-Net and EX-Mind Control.

Here ya go dude I got a safe 38% one, the 39% one seems.. yea unsafe to do because the Aqua Splash is kinda unreliable I landed it 1/5x I tried it :/, but I guess if you can get the timing right it's better then the 38% one not as safe though :p. Both the inputs are in the video description.
How the hell do you reliably get that 39% one? I can only land the Aqua Splash very infrequently. Is there a trick?

Abudabi

Noob
Can rain combo off his teleport like raiden or is the frame count too slow?

@Ulturas can this bubble into uppercut be used in any combo as long as the positioning is correct? I've only done it
once or twice it, you have to put the opponent in a way that you uppercut and then the game autocorrects your character 's side so
that you can for up that launch with 4,3 lightning, which seems tricky to do consistently.

what strings does 4/4,3, waterstrean work for and which don't?
For example I can't seem to get stream off with the following combo:

jp,1,2, F4, dash, 1,2,F4, 4,3, waterbubble, 4,3 lighting, superkick, (and then neither 4,3 waterstream nor 4,3, xray connects) you can end with 4,3 and though for 16 hit, 41% damage

indig0

Noob
Thing is with b21+2 it's a popup so when you do the uppercut it they fall too fast so you can't get the back dash 43 onto lightning I've already tried doing this a few times xD.
I've been successful getting the full thing to connect off both of his launcher combos. The timing is strict. Unfortunately, the damage scales to 41%, so you're better off doing a much simpler combo.

there are also situational combos that should be looked into, like:

what's the best damage after a fullscreen thunder>bubble
what's the best damage after a roundhouse starter.
I can't say what is absolute best damage on those, but I can tell you what I've gotten as best BnB so far (similar stuff may have already been posted, not sure):

lightning (anywhere on screen), bubble, 4, superkick, 4, 3, jet - 24%

superkick, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, >>, 4, jet - 32% (36% with ex superkick)

P.S. - I totally agree with your sentiment about finding the right starters. See my post at the bottom of page 5 for the combos I've been working on.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've been successful getting the full thing to connect off both of his launcher combos. The timing is strict. Unfortunately, the damage scales to 41%, so you're better off doing a much simpler combo.
Aww :( thanks though.

It seems too slow to go into normals, but if you throw an EX roundhouse immediately following a teleport your opponent's punish attempt will itself be punished.

I think I may have just found out how to extend a 41% BnB (4,3, lightning) if anyone is up to the challenge I'm too tired to hit the timing so I don't know its real potential; 4,3, lightning, 4,3 kick, (instead of doing 4,3, bubble after the superkick) start with the string combo 1,2 F+4, 1,2,F+4. I can't hit the 2nd 1,2f+4 atm but it seems to be possible. If so then perhaps a bubble can be hit after increasing the combo above 41% perhaps having close to a 50% meterless potential

jp,1,2, F4, dash, 1,2,F4, 4,3, waterbubble, 4,3 lighting, superkick, (and then neither 4,3 waterstream nor 4,3, xray connects) you can end with 4,3 and though for 16 hit, 41% damage
4,3 xx Aqua Splash seems to work after any Lightning or Water Ball as long as the opponent is almost directly above you and you hit the opponent at the peak of 4,3, but it's unreliable. Stick to 2 xx Aqua Splash, I suggest. 2 is slightly more damaging and easier to use than 4.

4,3 xx Aqua Splash works easily off Super Kick as well if you haven't juggled the opponent much yet... only seems to be useful in the full-screen Lightning combo so far, though:

Lightning > Water Bubble > 2 xx Super Kick > 4,3 xx Aqua Splash (24%)

what's the best damage after a roundhouse starter.
Check's combos. For practicality, though:
Super Kick > 2 > 4,3 xx Water Bubble > 4,3 xx Lightning > 2 xx Aqua Splash (34%) You can end 4,3 xx Aqua Splash for 36% instead if you feel you can do it consistently.

Raiman

Noob
cant believe i haven't seen this posted or in videoa yet. its the the most damaging one i've seen and is the easiest

44% - midscreen - no meter/ JP, 4, 3, Lightning, 4, 3, Roundhouse, 4, 3, Bubble, 4, Up Kick (no dash required)

Hey ulturas, found somethin interesting that needs to be tested with two people, but I don't have a second person. In training, dummy set to auto block, you can run 12f+4,dash,12f+4 over and over and the dummy stays in block,(which means its safe, iirc) Do you have a second person so see if he can be poked, ducked or jumped out of it? Would hate to see that we have an inf on out hands...I doubt it, but just to be sure, it should prolly be tested.

-b_s- :headbang:
1 can be ducked

Kovu

The Crownless King
Updated the OP with combos listed so far, will make it look pretty later on.

If there are any doubles, please let me know.

rain's combos

ok well i found these 2 the first day but i was lazy to put them up on youtube :\

anyways here they are! kinda hard to pull off online but still 58 and 59 % btw the 1 with xray was some1 elses and i changed it a bit ant it does more damage!! ;)

plz rate them guys! :)

B2k3

Noob
Sorry for the shitty quality, but here is a 41% midscreen (no bars. Ex-Boost makes it a 56 I think.)

jip 1,2,f4 dash 1,2,f4 dash 4,3xxBubble (drop them above you) 4,3xxLightning Super Roundhouse, Geyser kick

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Sorry for the shitty quality, but here is a 41% midscreen (no bars. Ex-Boost makes it a 56 I think.)

jip 1,2,f4 dash 1,2,f4 dash 4,3xxBubble (drop them above you) 4,3xxLightning Super Roundhouse, Geyser kick
This has all ready been posted and I should know I was the first person to post it

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok guys rain is really getting out of hand here and in a good way. First 1 bar combo after you have landed a lightning juggle: EX Damage boost-cross over jump punch-4,3,lightning-4,3,roundhouse kick-4,geyser kick. 9 hits 59%. Ridiculous.

Now, I think that most of us by now know that rain's EX roundhouse kick has a lot of armor and can be dash cancled into other special moves. Check this out, I was just fighting a sub-zero player who was zoning me with ice ball. So, I activated my EX roundhouse kick absorbing the ice ball, dash cancled into lightning and then comboed into: 4,3,roundhouse kick-4,3,water orb-4 geyser kick. I think it did 9 hits 32% and I won the match with it. Needless to say he was cautious zoning aganist me again. Rain is turning into a beat!!!!!

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Ok guys rain is really getting out of hand here and in a good way. First 1 bar combo after you have landed a lightning juggle: EX Damage boost-cross over jump punch-4,3,lightning-4,3,roundhouse kick-4,geyser kick. 9 hits 59%. Ridiculous.

Now, I think that most of us by now know that rain's EX roundhouse kick has a lot of armor and can be dash cancled into other special moves. Check this out, I was just fighting a sub-zero player who was zoning me with ice ball. So, I activated my EX roundhouse kick absorbing the ice ball, dash cancled into lightning and then comboed into: 4,3,roundhouse kick-4,3,water orb-4 geyser kick. I think it did 9 hits 32% and I won the match with it. Needless to say he was cautious zoning aganist me again. Rain is turning into a beat!!!!!
Yup Rain is a monster. But online seems more laggy than usual. I couldnt land a few of his combos that I practiced in training mode for a couple hours.

Ulturas

Noob

@Ulturas can this bubble into uppercut be used in any combo as long as the positioning is correct? I've only done it
once or twice it, you have to put the opponent in a way that you uppercut and then the game autocorrects your character 's side so
that you can for up that launch with 4,3 lightning, which seems tricky to do consistently.

43 stream is really strict timing dude you have to land it at the peak of when they're falling, but I believe as for your combo they would be falling too fast, there's only so many popups you can do before it's impossible to land a 43 <anything> lol. I do it in the Xray combo I put up as well to pull off the Xray but instead of using aqua splash I use Xray.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to reply to your uppercut question (really tired lol), um yea I believe you can do 12f4 or b21+2 onto 43 bubble and you're still able to do the uppercut string with very strict timing according to Indigo who posted confirmation of it. Thing being it deteriorates the combo substantially :(.

Thats pretty damn impressive actually I never thought to use the armor as a Focus attack alla streetfighter 4