What's new

Raiden Updated Combo Thread

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
Does B31 and 243 work with summon lightning mid screen now? And does it work better on female characters?

I might also want to add the D2 KB into Summon Lightning damage summary, just to have that info available.
From my random testing B31~DB2 hits all females mid screen now.

D2KB~DB2 = 283.60 raw, 289.45 if they break
D2KB~DB2AMP = 321.60 raw, 329.83 if they break

Mandolore1123

@Marlow

Slightly more optimal corner combos for Raijin:
Starter~DB4AMP, F3, D1, 243~DB2 (does 1% more than old route)
Starter~DB4AMP, F2, D1, 243~DB2 (does 2% more than old route)

Mandolore1123

Checked if it works with other KBs.
It can be used with these KBs as an alternative to KB combos with 1 bar (additionaly, they do slightly more dmg!). :D
For that 2nd video, I thought you had to micro dash into 243 to get the full string to connect? Have I been doing this wrong the entire time?! :(

Mandolore1123

Raijin can get around 17-23% off JI3~DB4AMP, DB2 depending on how summon lightning hits at the end. It’s super late but I haven’t seen anyone talk about how the JK OS helps Raiden so I guess this is here for anyone who was wondering.

Mandolore1123

Swag from PI. Not very practical from what I can see save a few. Also showcases the 21~interactable tick throw (idk if I mentioned this beforehand, but yes 21 ticks into interactables on hit AND on block)

@Marinjuana you use rod yes? Have fun

EDIT: Oh yes there are F4~lightning strike trade combos lol. idk how practical these are but they sure are very good to get in any case :D

MOAR EDIT: So I asked PI about the trades. Apparently it always trades against 6/7f moves so if ppl like checking you with pokes/jabs after F4 it's a valid option to go for

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
That Lightning Strike trade reminds me of Shang's D1~Crashing Flames, I found you can apply it with Lightning Rod to in specific situations. I wonder if there's a bunch of stuff like this?

I only tested this in practice with kustom reversal so I'm not sure it actually trades on a 6 frame poke in match.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

That Lightning Strike trade reminds me of Shang's D1~Crashing Flames, I found you can apply it with Lightning Rod to in specific situations. I wonder if there's a bunch of stuff like this?

I only tested this in practice with kustom reversal so I'm not sure it actually trades on a 6 frame poke in match.
Yeah PI mentioned lightning rod trades with 6f attacks from B12. Also is this your YT?

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Swag from PI. Not very practical from what I can see save a few. Also showcases the 21~interactable tick throw (idk if I mentioned this beforehand, but yes 21 ticks into interactables on hit AND on block)

@Marinjuana you use rod yes? Have fun

EDIT: Oh yes there are F4~lightning strike trade combos lol. idk how practical these are but they sure are very good to get in any case :D

MOAR EDIT: So I asked PI about the trades. Apparently it always trades against 6/7f moves so if ppl like checking you with pokes/jabs after F4 it's a valid option to go for
Wow, Rod setups

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
How do you set up and space the Lightning Rod at a consistent distance to make those combo's happen? Also, this is why I'd love for the duration the Rod is out to be longer. Raiden could have some interesting combos if he could put out Lightning Rod and leave it out long enough to eventually work it into some of his combos.

Mandolore1123

How do you set up and space the Lightning Rod at a consistent distance to make those combo's happen? Also, this is why I'd love for the duration the Rod is out to be longer. Raiden could have some interesting combos if he could put out Lightning Rod and leave it out long enough to eventually work it into some of his combos.
Training mode :D
I honestly don't see the rod stuff being all that practical in a real match, but the trade combos and 21 tick throws are definitely worth exploring