What's new

Raiden Updated Combo Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Side note I think the team over their had to have 2 radically different ideas between her and jax its crazy how different they are.
Also sick of this time bullshit no real consequences.
They pretty much rebooted a reboot, usually comics do this every 5-10 years or so to keep things fresh. Now games and movies are doing this more often these days.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
You guys notice that the same combos Raiden does to a lot of male characters do more damage to females?
the combos do the same amount of damage, it’s just that jacqui, Sonya and Cassie have 950 health so the combos have the same numerical damage listed but it’s all in gold as if you did a high damage kb combo or fatal blow combo.

SparkySanders

Unga bunga dude
Does anyone know how much more any of the combos scale when they involve j3/4’s?

been away from home since the patch dropped and I’m just curious

MKF30

the combos do the same amount of damage, it’s just that jacqui, Sonya and Cassie have 950 health so the combos have the same numerical damage listed but it’s all in gold as if you did a high damage kb combo or fatal blow combo.
They don't, not in TW anyway. I will post vids soon. There are combos that do mid 35% around there but hither 40+ to Sindel, Jade, Cetrion etc. Not all the females equally but they definitely take higher damage when I'm doing the same combos.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
They don't, not in TW anyway. I will post vids soon. There are combos that do mid 35% around there but hither 40+ to Sindel, Jade, Cetrion etc. Not all the females equally but they definitely take higher damage when I'm doing the same combos.
Notations? Combos may be scaling differently because B12 makes first hit of storm cell whiff.

MKF30

Sorry for not confirming the strings but the One I'm referring to are his jump in starters ji224 into sc amp, deep ji 2, F4 into SCamp, jump kick into superman. A few others I have as well but I've definitely noticed a difference in damage scaling output with some characters

MKF30

Raiden deals the same damage to everybody, you're mistaken.
Ok so I tested it out again today, apparently they fixed it so everyone shares the same universal damage now. Pre patches though he did more damage to the females, I just assumed everyone here already knew about it but apparently not lol. That's good that they fixed everyone though. At any rate, that combo I mentioned did 41-42 % on Cetrion, Jacqui, Jade etc vs 37 on the males. Now everyone has the same of 39.1.

Last edited:
Ok so I tested it out again today, apparently they fixed it so everyone shares the same universal damage now. Pre patches though he did more damage to the females, I just assumed everyone here already knew about it but apparently not lol. That's good that they fixed everyone though. At any rate, that combo I mentioned did 41-42 % on Cetrion, Jacqui, Jade etc vs 37 on the males. Now everyone has the same of 39.1.
They didn't fix anything because it was never there. I honestly don't know how you got your results but Raiden has always dealt the same damage to every character.
Nobody knew about it because it didn't exist. At most the damage would be different after the patch because of jump kicks getting scaled in combos, however it would still have been consistent with every character.

The combo you listed deals 37% to everybody.

MKF30

They didn't fix anything because it was never there. I honestly don't know how you got your results but Raiden has always dealt the same damage to every character.
Nobody knew about it because it didn't exist. At most the damage would be different after the patch because of jump kicks getting scaled in combos, however it would still have been consistent with every character.

The combo you listed deals 37% to everybody.
It was there I had it taped recorded but due to updates wont allow me to play. I had it In my archives so it was there it was just months ago i can assure you. Now it does but it didnt before mp ths ago when I recorded it in practice.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
I'll record some combos I dont know about raijin and light but TW I've done some of my brb combos to both guys and girls and with males itll be 35 to 37 where as the girls 42.
I'm not sure but what I think you are dealing with it Storm Cell does not hit the girls each time like with the guys and it effects the combos. At least it did back in July.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
actually nevermind, no clue what you mean, I have matches from July and theres no difference for me

Last edited:

MKF30

I'm not sure but what I think you are dealing with it Storm Cell does not hit the girls each time like with the guys and it effects the combos. At least it did back in July.
For me it was an online match, not practice(my mistake for that) but I can't rewatch because the games saved replays don't play once they do updates which is so dumb but whatever lol. The one combo I like to do that I posted wayyy back with his jump in 2B31into SC amp, deep JK, F4~SCamp, JK~Superman I did this on Cetrion and one other female(believe it was Jade) and it did 42% but on guys it did less, now every combo does the same of 37% they tweak the damage output all the time with updates but this was like a long time ago like from May or June last year. I just never posted it because I figured people knew. Was probably patched months ago. It's all good it still does 37 which isn't bad.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
For me it was an online match, not practice(my mistake for that) but I can't rewatch because the games saved replays don't play once they do updates which is so dumb but whatever lol. The one combo I like to do that I posted wayyy back with his jump in 2B31into SC amp, deep JK, F4~SCamp, JK~Superman I did this on Cetrion and one other female(believe it was Jade) and it did 42% but on guys it did less, now every combo does the same of 37% they tweak the damage output all the time with updates but this was like a long time ago like from May or June last year. I just never posted it because I figured people knew. Was probably patched months ago. It's all good it still does 37 which isn't bad.
Well I know SC misses one hit on women depending on the starter, maybe that was causing extra hits on the second SC.

MKF30

Well I know SC misses one hit on women depending on the starter, maybe that was causing extra hits on the second SC.
That's what I'm thinking and this was also very early with the patches, updates they tweak damage output a lot so most likely a combination of both.

Nice combos btw, do you find doing F2 is easier to connect than F4 after the JIP?

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
That's what I'm thinking and this was also very early with the patches, updates they tweak damage output a lot so most likely a combination of both.

Nice combos btw, do you find doing F2 is easier to connect than F4 after the JIP?
these are old so I would alternate

but more recently I just press F2 right after the jump attack and it'll hit, depending on the situation I'll make small changes

F2 is the better choice since you recover faster and on the guys you can add a 12 before the Electric Fly or Storm Cell finish

No, this still doesn't work because the SC difference against females makes the combo lose damage instead of gain, and your claim is Raiden was dealing more damage to certain females (which he wasn't) so this explanation cannot be the answer.

F2 is the better choice since you recover faster and on the guys you can add a 12 before the Electric Fly or Storm Cell finish
Works on everyone, not just the guys.