What's new

Question Raiden top 5?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I don't like rankings, tier lists, and secrets. I believe that the little guy who has no idea how to play an fg should be given all the devices to be able to reach the level of play the paid pro-gamers do, if he wants to. I believe that no individual character is "better" than another, some are easier to play and some are harder to get right. Raiden is pretty easy to win with on a low level, then harder to win with on the intermediate level because of how you can just mash Kung Lao's or Cage's moves and beat about anybody. I haven't fought too many higher skilled Raiden players but I do think he's awesome and I used to play him in mk2 a lot.
Elitism is the worst way to go about anything, including games because it creates walls with no doors.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wait, canceling strings with teleport to make armor moves whiff is the big fuss?

I almost never went into practice with him and knew this. Also, Mileena blows this up, as does Reptile, Sonya, and Baraka.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Wait, canceling strings with teleport to make armor moves whiff is the big fuss?

I almost never went into practice with him and knew this. Also, Mileena blows this up, as does Reptile, Sonya, and Baraka.
Jade too. n2 auto tracks behind her, and has the range to make Raiden stop teleporting.
n2db2 is a bnb starter.

B W1zZ

Noob

It's character dependent. If Raiden does 334xxtele and sonya tries interrupting the cartwheel will whiff, however if she doesn't attempt an interrupt Raiden is left at a disadvantage.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's character dependent. If Raiden does 334xxtele and sonya tries interrupting the cartwheel will whiff, however if she doesn't attempt an interrupt Raiden is left at a disadvantage.
So this is a 50-50 in a sense?

B W1zZ

Noob
So this is a 50-50 in a sense?
More or less, only after the cartwheel whiffs Raiden only gets a block string/throw mixup at best.

This isn't exactly ground breaking, game changing tech...moreso a tool that can be used in certain matchups.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Jade too. n2 auto tracks behind her, and has the range to make Raiden stop teleporting.
n2db2 is a bnb starter.
With the characters I listed, they avoid the last hit altogether by d4. Mileena even can roll it.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
guys, guys. Listen guys.

Maybe. yo guys, listen, maybe Perfect Legend is just that good and any character he uses seem top 5?

After all, we all remember Tom's career with Raiden. Maybe it means nothing, but IDK I'm rather skeptical of calling Raiden top 5.

4x4lo8o

Noob
More or less, only after the cartwheel whiffs Raiden only gets a block string/throw mixup at best.

This isn't exactly ground breaking, game changing tech...moreso a tool that can be used in certain matchups.

I'm pretty sure you can land a superman if you teleport out of a cartwheel

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I sadly don't have the time to read everything yet but someone will probably call me out if I misunderstood but it's just a great tool to whiff punish. However one bad read and you're on disadvantage (frame wise). It's a good tool but to abuse it will get you blown up IMO. (if I understood correctly)

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I sadly don't have the time to read everything yet but
:D It's a discussion about a discussion about a secret tech that is apparently canceling the string into teleport to whiffpunish, yes. It's something the opponent needs to learn to handle. I do this online when I mash Raiden in random select matches. No big deal. A tool as any.

4x4lo8o

Noob
I sadly don't have the time to read everything yet but someone will probably call me out if I misunderstood but it's just a great tool to whiff punish. However one bad read and you're on disadvantage (frame wise). It's a good tool but to abuse it will get you blown up IMO. (if I understood correctly)
Yeah, that's pretty much it. It's a read. The thing is, it means your opponent has to make a read too. They can't just armor through every time you use a string with a gap, because if you read it they just wasted a bar of meter and possibly got blown up. It can force them to respect your strings

I wasn't expecting people to actually discuss Raiden being top 5...

Last I heard it was around -18.