What's new

Raiden General Discussion

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Raiden looks beyond hype, i dare say this is the best looking version of Raiden i've ever seen. His strings and technique look so refined i couldn't help but take some screenshots, looks like mantis style of kung-fu but i'm not really sure.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I wonder what that move is at 2:13, looks somewhat similar to storm cell. But I'm wondering if again he can charge it or hold it for a period of time?

I wonder what that move is at 2:13, looks somewhat similar to storm cell. But I'm wondering if again he can charge it or hold it for a period of time?
he had a very similar move in another trailer that went all around him in the same pose and it seemed to work exactly like storm cell. probably the MB version of this.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Definitely gives me Storm Cell vibes, though it may be a move with different variations to it.
Look at his stance and his hands here and in the gameplay debut:

This trailer

Gameplay Debut trailer

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
So Storm Cell meterburn is a juggle, as well as the air shocker move

that charged lightning move with the right assist could lead to some shit

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm curious to see how Raiden is going to play this time around. Seems like more of a straightforward close range/rushdown as opposed to his mid-range MK11 style. I wonder if he'll get any interesting wrinkles or gimmicks to his gameplan or not.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'm curious to see how Raiden is going to play this time around. Seems like more of a straightforward close range/rushdown as opposed to his mid-range MK11 style. I wonder if he'll get any interesting wrinkles or gimmicks to his gameplan or not.
We've been shown a move where he can charge his lightning balls for additional projectiles or just quickly press and release for a single electroball, so there's at least that

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
He don't seem to have particularly long normals though :(
Oh well
I'm certainly going to main Raiden, but I'm also going to take a look at Ashrah. My guess is she's going to have more of that mid range game that Raiden had in MK11. Her projectile reminds me a lot of Jo Push.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
I'm not sure who to use as a Kameo

I WAS gonna use Stryker but I don't like his style

Raiden already looks like a kombo god, hes got plenty of kombo routes already, he looks to have just the one zoning tool

honestly thinking Sektor at the moment

xRantex

Rante Inferno
I'm thinking Raiden/Cyrax (for the net). Gonna try that first. Also from net can get free superman to the corner :D fingers crossed