What's new

Raiden General Discussion

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
I really hope they give Raiden something interesting, some unique quirk or something. Some type of trap or setup he can do with lightning, or something that makes him more interesting than simply a pure rushdown fighter.
I'm very confident his Lightning Ball at least can be held

and air Electric Fly take them to the ground, I'm hoping meter burn isn't just armor

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
I didn't feel like he had the projectiles to be much of a true zoner. The startup on them didn't seem like he'd be able to win many Fullscreen battles.
Well no

not a true zoner, I never said that

but he damn sure wasn't good up klose either

honestly, now that hes a Shaolin I'm confident he'll be hype

anything is better than 11

Marlow

Noob
Well no

not a true zoner, I never said that

but he damn sure wasn't good up klose either

honestly, now that hes a Shaolin I'm confident he'll be hype

anything is better than 11

That's why I considered him mid range in MK11. He did best at his max F4/F2/B1 ranges, and using his fast backwards walk speed. So more mid-range/whiff punish, and then using teleport to hit and run or for defense.

I like the style of Shaolin, I just hope he isn't like what Liu Kang was in MK11.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I can't wait for Raiden's breakdown at the next Kombat Kast! I'm sure it's gonna happen before launch.

Marlow

Noob
I find it strange that Raiden has been in a number of the trailers as an opponent, so clearly the character is built out enough for whatever playable builds they're using for their trailers, but apparently they're choosing not to put him in the beta.

I guess just more to explore when the game actually does come out.

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I find it strange that Raiden has been in a number of the trailers as an opponent, so clearly the character is built out enough for whatever playable builds they're using for their trailers, but apparently they're choosing not to put him in the beta.

I think it's a good thing, because I remember Raiden being shown in a beta in the last game and his best move immediately got nerfed into oblivion

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

They're foreshadowing.