What's new

Raiden General Discussion

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
From my testing seems the Raiden/Sektor damage output is largely unaffected. The only combo that was really hit was midscreen 12~EX DF2, F34, BF3.
Otherwise our routes still do at least 300 damage a pop
all of Raiden's damage nerf was in shocker

so it mostly just hurt him and Jax

the longer you hold off shocker, the more the nerf doesn't matter

his air kombo nerf however was pointless and dumb

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
all of Raiden's damage nerf was in shocker

so it mostly just hurt him and Jax

the longer you hold off shocker, the more the nerf doesn't matter

his air kombo nerf however was pointless and dumb
Tbh I don’t think I’ve seen many routes involving his air strings (except Cyrax combos) so while I agree that it’s pointless it probably doesn’t affect us all that much

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
Tbh I don’t think I’ve seen many routes involving his air strings (except Cyrax combos) so while I agree that it’s pointless it probably doesn’t affect us all that much
it does

it was an option

and more kameos are koming

and you certainly kould get kombos off it

Szkarad

( • )( • )ԅ(≖⌣≖ԅ)
After the nerf I find Raiden much less appealing. Not that I need my khar to be top tier. I mained Raiden back when he sucked in MK11. Just I feel the highest damage in the game was justified since Raidens buttons aren't that crazy good. You have a decent jabstring, a mid that's too slow for its range and a great low starter with the potential to whiff both the second hit and the shocker if you hit it from far enough range. So I focused on playing defensively, getting most my damage from my opponents getting too risky (the passive helped with that playstyle too so I assumed that is the "canon" way to play Raiden). IDK. Maybe that's just my first reaction and I'll get used to it.

After the nerf I find Raiden much less appealing. Not that I need my khar to be top tier. I mained Raiden back when he sucked in MK11. Just I feel the highest damage in the game was justified since Raidens buttons aren't that crazy good. You have a decent jabstring, a mid that's too slow for its range and a great low starter with the potential to whiff both the second hit and the shocker if you hit it from far enough range. So I focused on playing defensively, getting most my damage from my opponents getting too risky (the passive helped with that playstyle too so I assumed that is the "canon" way to play Raiden). IDK. Maybe that's just my first reaction and I'll get used to it.
i find that if you play long enough against good people you will feel that raiden is still the same archetype as in mk11, zoning/counterzoning and then hard oki pressure.

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
i find that if you play long enough against good people you will feel that raiden is still the same archetype as in mk11, zoning/counterzoning and then hard oki pressure.
I mean you can do that

but no way is he just that

not with Kameos and not with his kit

it means no more grounded combos off of amp teleport. which fro two bars is insane they should have made it one bar.

it caused a ground bounce before, you could follow up with a few kameos or shocker

either way its gone now
its plus 35 now which means you can get easy oki mid screen but in the corner kinda fucks up instant overhead low guess it gave when it was plus 19 and both players recovered super fast. basically you had to instantly guess out of the combo.

Mandolore1123

it means no more grounded combos off of amp teleport. which fro two bars is insane they should have made it one bar.
What grounded combos are you doing with an air string?
And tbh what routes favour using EX TP at all?

Mandolore1123

Mortal Kombat 1 Raiden/Sektor: Combo from Back Throw in the corner
You might be able to get something midscreen too but they might not get launched close enough.

CipherJ

Noob
At the same time I hope NRS comes up with ways to make stuff like DB2 and EX TP actually useful. Right now those moves might as well not exist
I actually think DB2 exists to prevent Raiden oki of crouch feint into b2, which would cause db2 which is an easy punish.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
At the same time I hope NRS comes up with ways to make stuff like DB2 and EX TP actually useful. Right now those moves might as well not exist
Besides being much faster as a normal teleport, EX teleport hits low up close, launches into an air combo and is safe at -5

Raiden needs less safety, he gets away with so much. Played a raiden sektor and he was able to blockstring me for days, armor works poorly against alot of it.

What can you actually get after stormcell into goro kameo? With kano ball I can jail into 212 but a lot of the time with Goro people will just poke out of it. Don't know if I'm just miss timing it or it's not that plus.
I would prefer to use Goro since I like comboing off storm cell hits but I really want to be able to also continue pressure after it gets blocked aswell

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
What can you actually get after stormcell into goro kameo? With kano ball I can jail into 212 but a lot of the time with Goro people will just poke out of it. Don't know if I'm just miss timing it or it's not that plus.
I would prefer to use Goro since I like comboing off storm cell hits but I really want to be able to also continue pressure after it gets blocked aswell
You're miss timing it. Goro is hella plus. The key is to call him in on the very last hit of storm cell. Most likely you are calling it in too early.