What's new
Heres a side switch activating trait mid combo
21d3db2mb, b3 , d2(cancel into trait) 112b3 electric fly. 351.67 not bad dmg after a d2, side switches and traits up for pressure/meter build on wake up. Plus it looks swag as hell lol

Last edited:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Updated the Combo Thread that others commented. The ones I left out were either more inconsistent or did less damage than other combos that are currently listed.

I'm gonna be busy for the next few weeks so I may not update the combo thread anytime soon. Either way most of the important stuff is there, just need to improve the formatting a bit (leaving out duplicate combos and such).

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Any tips on connecting BF3 after 1, 1, 2, B3 (h) with trait on? I know it's doable because I somehow pulled it off on my very first try, ironically enough, but now I can't connect it anymore. In MKX it was easy, I would just hold the 2 with my index finger and then press the 3 (from BF3) with my thumb. Here, however, the last input is 3, so I can't hold it while also pressing it. It was one of my favorite combos in MKX and I want to use it here too.

Deoxys243

Leader of The Salty Spitoon
Any tips on connecting BF3 after 1, 1, 2, B3 (h) with trait on? I know it's doable because I somehow pulled it off on my very first try, ironically enough, but now I can't connect it anymore. In MKX it was easy, I would just hold the 2 with my index finger and then press the 3 (from BF3) with my thumb. Here, however, the last input is 3, so I can't hold it while also pressing it. It was one of my favorite combos in MKX and I want to use it here too.
What I do is I input the entire 112b3 bf3 as fast as possible and hold the 3 in bf3. That's how I did it in mkx for some of his combos with df2.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
What I do is I input the entire 112b3 bf3 as fast as possible and hold the 3 in bf3. That's how I did it in mkx for some of his combos with df2.
Hmm that seems confusing. Since Raiden releports in the middle of this string I suppose you'd have to switch your directional inputs, so it be something like 1, 1, 2, B3 ~ FB3, because what was Back when the string started would be Forward once he teleports. Does that make sense or am I totally off here?

I've been having moderate success with waiting to input the BF3 a little bit after the last lightning zap has hit and the opponent is as high in the air as possible. I'll try your suggestion though.

Deoxys243

Leader of The Salty Spitoon
Hmm that seems confusing. Since Raiden releports in the middle of this string I suppose you'd have to switch your directional inputs, so it be something like 1, 1, 2, B3 ~ FB3, because what was Back when the string started would be Forward once he teleports. Does that make sense or am I totally off here?

I've been having moderate success with waiting to input the BF3 a little bit after the last lightning zap has hit and the opponent is as high in the air as possible. I'll try your suggestion though.
Yeah that’s exactly it. You have to input the bf3 as fb3 and it will work every time.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
With trait, Raiden hits like a fucking truck. 1-bar, 518 damage.

1-bar 550 damage corner combo

Great combos, but with trait only lasting six seconds, what are the chances of somebody actually pulling that off in a real match?! I am of the opinion though that it's still too early to call for buffs. We need more time to lab with Raiden and fully explore his potential.

I am thinking triggering trait in the middle of a combo or a set-up is the way to go.

With the new patch you can do b12/b112, d2x4, f1 in the corner. Example:

B12/b112, d2x4, f12b2(hold), 3xdb2, f3, f12b2(hold), 2xdf2

You can use this as an opportunity to go into 113, bolt-stop setups without having to spend 2 bars.

Also a nice anti air now is:

d2x4, 112xdb2, b3, f123xbf3

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Very nice combos! How exactly do you do the slow moving lightning bolt? I can sort of do it, but it only comes out once in a while. What I do is DF1 (hold) + R2 (hold) then let go of 1.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Hold 1 as long as possible during the lightning bolt, press MB button as soon as the lightning bolt is released.