What's new

Rage Quitting

ArsonX

Noob
Yes. Someone posted a picture of a message he sent them and he said something about skinning him and/or his family.
Things like these are nothing odd to me. And you know what the best part is? Those kind of people would literally do such things. When someone sends stuff like this,for the love of god reason with him or at least don't respond...who knows what could happen otherwise

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Arson, why are you not willing to give MKX a shot? Clearly, you were open to playing something new with Injustice, why not MKX?

ArsonX

Noob
Arson, why are you not willing to give MKX a shot? Clearly, you were open to playing something new with Injustice, why not MKX?
Its just that injustice is my one and only fighter that I've ever played and somehow the mechanics for every other FG seem...weird. The block button and trait being replaced with another attack button just seems weird and unfamiliar. I might give it a shot,but I don't really know if I'm going to get serious about the game

ArsonX

Noob
Also I've gotten really good in injustice and I don't really know how I feel about starting out as a noob again...It took me alot to master this character and its a low tier which means that being good with a low tier in such a matchup dependant game isn't a small thing....I don't know if I could handle starting from scratch

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
I think there should be punishment for quitting more than say, once or twice at most a day. There should be say an 'allowed' quit because sometimes people just need to go somewhere, are honestly non-quitallthetime people who are just overfrustrated, internet cuts out, or whatever. But it's insane that in injustice people literally quit 3/5 games you start to win. 4/5 if you play deathstroke how I do. Once I literally sat there online for an hour and a half and didn't get to complete a single match. This is a game made by a professional company, not some kid's minecraft map. You should be able to play it. If someone unplugs their cord it should just detect whoever is still in the game and give them a win and the other guy a loss and a quit. Two or three quits in a day, and it should disallow them from playing online for, say 30 minutes plus 5 or so for each time they've been disallowed before. That's similar to what nintendo did with super smash brothers 2. However, it should also disconnect and give a loss/quit to someone who lags enough to mess up gameplay (not just a small lag spike), but does not quit, because that's just the same thing basically. If someone gets disallowed from play for, say, 5 times, they should have to hand-write and mail an essay to NRS admitting to and apologizing for what they have done, and then asking for forgiveness before they can play again. I'm fucking serious about that. By my suggestions only will online play ever become an experience that is 95% or more good and fun without having to form a circle of a few friends that you play with who you know don't quit.

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
Also I've gotten really good in injustice and I don't really know how I feel about starting out as a noob again...It took me alot to master this character and its a low tier which means that being good with a low tier in such a matchup dependant game isn't a small thing....I don't know if I could handle starting from scratch
Take courage young grasshopper. What if you would become the best MKX player of the 'lowest tier' character there was? You'll never know until you try your hardest, young grasshopper.

E

Eldriken

Things like these are nothing odd to me. And you know what the best part is? Those kind of people would literally do such things. When someone sends stuff like this,for the love of god reason with him or at least don't respond...who knows what could happen otherwise
They're not going to do a god damn thing. They have the benefit of Internet anonymity, so they can make whatever threats they want because they're sore losers and safe from repercussions.

ArsonX

Noob
Take courage young grasshopper. What if you would become the best MKX player of the 'lowest tier' character there was? You'll never know until you try your hardest, young grasshopper.
I could but...I got no real inspiration for playing mortal kombat

ArsonX

Noob
They're not going to do a god damn thing. They have the benefit of Internet anonymity, so they can make whatever threats they want because they're sore losers and safe from repercussions.
I don't mean to the guy he said it,I mean in that anger spurt he might hurt the nearest person to him. Doesn't matter who,anyone can be a victim of such...hate

ArsonX

Noob
I think there should be punishment for quitting more than say, once or twice at most a day. There should be say an 'allowed' quit because sometimes people just need to go somewhere, are honestly non-quitallthetime people who are just overfrustrated, internet cuts out, or whatever. But it's insane that in injustice people literally quit 3/5 games you start to win. 4/5 if you play deathstroke how I do. Once I literally sat there online for an hour and a half and didn't get to complete a single match. This is a game made by a professional company, not some kid's minecraft map. You should be able to play it. If someone unplugs their cord it should just detect whoever is still in the game and give them a win and the other guy a loss and a quit. Two or three quits in a day, and it should disallow them from playing online for, say 30 minutes plus 5 or so for each time they've been disallowed before. That's similar to what nintendo did with super smash brothers 2. However, it should also disconnect and give a loss/quit to someone who lags enough to mess up gameplay (not just a small lag spike), but does not quit, because that's just the same thing basically. If someone gets disallowed from play for, say, 5 times, they should have to hand-write and mail an essay to NRS admitting to and apologizing for what they have done, and then asking for forgiveness before they can play again. I'm fucking serious about that. By my suggestions only will online play ever become an experience that is 95% or more good and fun without having to form a circle of a few friends that you play with who you know don't quit.
Actually,I myself have a 'special purpose' DS setup that can make people rage quit,but I use it only for people who deserve it. Otherwise,I stick to my main. About the rage quits,give the quitter a loss,other guy a win and everything is settled. Problem though is,implementing such a method

E

Eldriken

I don't mean to the guy he said it,I mean in that anger spurt he might hurt the nearest person to him. Doesn't matter who,anyone can be a victim of such...hate
You raise a valid point. I can't argue with that, lol.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
While Quitalities are an interesting and entertaining idea, my only gripe with them is that they take time. What I mean is that when someone rage-quits, I realize that I want nothing more to do with them, and I want to get back to finding another opponent ASAP. What I liked in Injustice was that when someone rage-quit on you, you received a small notification, and then you were taken back to the matchmaking lobby immediately. Basically, I want to get away from the rage-quitter as fast as I can and keep playing the game, even though taking time to bask in the glory of their head exploding is a nice treat.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Or
to make things even sweeter, in mkx when a quitality has occurred from your opponent rage quitting a match, your character should just stand over their body, either laughing, taunting them, saying unique quotes related to the rage quit, that would be so cool, don't just let their head blow up, give the other character a chance to tease the rage quitters and say something like Ferra saying "you'll find practice in the main menu" or Kano saying "you mad brah" ... that would be way more satisfying ...
Like the old mvc after the match you could hit select and still attack the opposition while they are dead:D Or like smite if you quit or disconnect you have to wait a certain amount of time to get back in the lobby..... sooo.... if a jerk disconnects he shouldn't be allowed to access online features till after the time penalty is elapsed :16Bit ten minutes should be fair

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
While Quitalities are an interesting and entertaining idea, my only gripe with them is that they take time.
That's why some games implement a delay for quitters before they can join another game again. In team games it's usually something along the lines of "not before the game you quit ends", there also can be flat timer or something. If you quit because of RL reason, you're not affected by this most probably. Otherwise - well, sucks to be you.

Its just that injustice is my one and only fighter that I've ever played and somehow the mechanics for every other FG seem...weird. The block button and trait being replaced with another attack button just seems weird and unfamiliar. I might give it a shot,but I don't really know if I'm going to get serious about the game
Block button takes some time to get used to.
Trait is just another move with some properties, no different from some special. Considering MKX doesn't seem to have a lot of directional inputs mid-string, it will probably be less confusing than IGAU anyways.

ArsonX

Noob
While Quitalities are an interesting and entertaining idea, my only gripe with them is that they take time. What I mean is that when someone rage-quits, I realize that I want nothing more to do with them, and I want to get back to finding another opponent ASAP. What I liked in Injustice was that when someone rage-quit on you, you received a small notification, and then you were taken back to the matchmaking lobby immediately. Basically, I want to get away from the rage-quitter as fast as I can and keep playing the game, even though taking time to bask in the glory of their head exploding is a nice treat.
How can one define a person as a rage quitter? Someone who does it once in their life is as much of a quitter as someone who does it purposely every single time? No...I don't think I know any player who hasn't rage quit at least once. Its not really about rage sometimes. When someone waits at the select screen and for you to beat them for example. That's the kind of people who need to be punished. One thing is emotion that CANT be contained no matter how the game punishes them,and another is immature behaviour just to annoy you by quitting on purpose.

ArsonX

Noob
Or

Like the old mvc after the match you coul. hit select and still attack the opposition while they are dead:D Or like smite if you quit or disconnect you have to wait a certain amount of time to get back in the lobby..... sooo.... if a jerk disconnects he shouldn't be allowed to access online features till after the time penalty is elapsed :16Bit ten minutes should be fair
Those people who quit as a preplanned behaviour will just laugh behind the screen when they see that the quit made the other person angry. They certainly wont care how you punished them,they will be proud of it.

ArsonX

Noob
That's why some games implement a delay for quitters before they can join another game again. In team games it's usually something along the lines of "not before the game you quit ends", there also can be flat timer or something. If you quit because of RL reason, you're not affected by this most probably. Otherwise - well, sucks to be you.

Block button takes some time to get used to.
Trait is just another move with some properties, no different from some special. Considering MKX doesn't seem to have a lot of directional inputs mid-string, it will probably be less confusing than IGAU anyways.
Does mk10 differ alot from the other mortal kombats? For me mk9 just seems way too complicated and weird. Completely different from injustice and unfamiliar

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
How can one define a person as a rage quitter? Someone who does it once in their life is as much of a quitter as someone who does it purposely every single time? No...I don't think I know any player who hasn't rage quit at least once. Its not really about rage sometimes. When someone waits at the select screen and for you to beat them for example. That's the kind of people who need to be punished. One thing is emotion that CANT be contained no matter how the game punishes them,and another is immature behaviour just to annoy you by quitting on purpose.
I have never rage quit even once. There, now you know at least 1 person :)
(Unless the connection is so bad that neither of us are having fun, I will quit then. But again, the only reason is that the match is literally un-playable)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I have never rage quit even once. There, now you know at least 1 person :)
(Unless the connection is so bad that neither of us are having fun, I will quit then. But again, the only reason is that the match is literally un-playable)
Make that two.

Also, sup Ram!

Reactions: Ram