What's new

Question - Inferno R.I.P. Inferno Scorpion

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
So, in an attempt to normalize Hellfire Scorpion. Inferno and Ninjitsu variations took a hit to the 214 string.

However Inferno Scorpion took the major blunt out of all three variations imo. And he received such an unjustified nerf that it's insane. Inferno Scorpion no longer has a block string that he can use a special from safely. 214>Mid Demon, and 214>OH Demon can both be hit out of with just about any standing poke into a full combo. Which completely nulls his chip game down, forcing him to basically only use B121 for the entirety of his up close game.

To make matters worse his damage took a hit, and his combos are now harder to perform.

So tell me what am I supposed to do with him now? Zone with specials that have 28 frames of start up and are -27 on block? Pray and go super yolo at all times. I know people complained about Raiden's universal 6 frame mid being turned into a high in his other variations. But this fix to hellfire completely destroyed Inferno.

Yes I'm salty, and yes I'm sure I'll be on the salt report. ;~;

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Inferno was never good IMO. It's so much harder to zone in MKX it's not even worth the trouble.

214 xx OH Demon was never safe.

214 xx Demon charge was about -8. All the better characters could punish that as well.
214 into OH Demon wasn't safe true, but you could still use it as a check.

and 214 > Demon Charge had such a tight window to punish and it was -7 only a select few could punish it.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I sympathize with you because my character has also been over-normalized. Tanya players have been robbed of a seven frame armored launcher that was guaranteed to escape corners. Now we only have access to two armored EX special moves, one of which is an overhead and one of which is a low that launches. Well, the Pyromancer variation has another armored move, which is safe on block. So in total we only have three armored moves that we can use as wake up attacks.

Life is hard and unfair.

214 into OH Demon wasn't safe true, but you could still use it as a check.

and 214 > Demon Charge had such a tight window to punish and it was -7 only a select few could punish it.
There are no frame perfect punishes. You can punish the Charge with Raiden's B1 or F1. (the fast one lol)

I guess that's true no one really punished it.