What's new

Question - Inferno R.I.P. Inferno Scorpion

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
His block and chip pressure now is arguably better than hellfire scorp pre patch.
Fair enough. Probably is. I'm not too fussed about Hellfire's pressure changes anyway, it just has a different metagame rather than outright being nerfed IMO.

But if our pressure was nerfed on the account of being a "block infinite", the Dragon's Fire loyalists better watch their backs too. :DOGE

Matix218

Get over here!
I didn't know there were 50/50 and normal vortexes. I always thought a vortex was something where you're forced to guess right or you stay in the loop. If the only options that force you to guess end the vortex is it a real vortex?
That's EXACTLY what I've been saying as well.

I didn't know there were 50/50 and normal vortexes. I always thought a vortex was something where you're forced to guess right or you stay in the loop. If the only options that force you to guess end the vortex is it a real vortex?
A vortex doesn't have to include true 50-50 guesses. The end situation just needs to loop into a forced mix up situation. Conditioning plays a larger role when there is no true 50-50.

To answer your question, the vortex only refers to the looping portion of the mix up. The vortex ends when the loop ends.

Scorpion has a true vortex. However the actual vortex portion of the mix up is dependant on conditioning.

If you were to rate mix up games in mkx

1. 50-50 vortex. True guesswork. Unreactable looping low and overhead starters that lead into another mix up

2. Vortex. Reactable looping resets w low and overhead combo starters.

3. Low, overhead, throw. Single hit mix ups. No loop.

4. Low, throw.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
A vortex doesn't have to include true 50-50 guesses. The end situation just needs to loop into a forced mix up situation. Conditioning plays a larger role when there is no true 50-50.

To answer your question, the vortex only refers to the looping portion of the mix up. The vortex ends when the loop ends.

Scorpion has a true vortex. However the actual vortex portion of the mix up is dependant on conditioning.

If you were to rate mix up games in mkx

1. 50-50 vortex. True guesswork. Unreactable looping low and overhead starters that lead into another mix up

2. Vortex. Reactable looping resets w low and overhead combo starters.

3. Low, overhead, throw. Single hit mix ups. No loop.

4. Low, throw.
But you can pretty much always block f4 on reaction after a teleport regardless of conditioning. I don't see how something can be considered a vortex if you don't have to guess your way out. Sure you can loop a situation but the other player has to basically be a deer in headlights to get hit by f4. It's way too slow to not see coming.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
But you can pretty much always block f4 on reaction after a teleport regardless of conditioning. I don't see how something can be considered a vortex if you don't have to guess your way out. Sure you can loop a situation but the other player has to basically be a deer in headlights to get hit by f4. It's way too slow to not see coming.
I'm pretty sure you can look through this thread and figure out who gets "Vortexed" By Scorpion left and right so...lol

Also I've made my peace with Inferno Skidorpion....I think I can take advantage of this new gap. It makes people press buttons, which lets me get more YOLO DB4's during the 214 Blockstring after I've teleported away 4 times in a row or something.

I dunno man. I was just putting the definition out there. People aren't robots tho. I'm sure you've hit decent players with f4.

There's plenty of examples in fighting games of good players getting hit by things that should be too slow. It happens.