What's new

Question - Inferno R.I.P. Inferno Scorpion

Matix218

Get over here!
That quote was sarcasm...that's what the smiley was for. -_-

Yep just keep bringing up the combo, that's about all you've got. I play Inferno better than you. Your guide sucks.
Slips real talk, do you think that inferno due to the good meterless damage into standing reset is a tournament viable variation on its own? I realize it is a risky variation of course, but I still feel it is viable. I feel it is much better than mk9 scorpion and not far behind the other two variations.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Slips real talk, do you think that inferno due to the good meterless damage into standing reset is a tournament viable variation on its own? I realize it is a risky variation of course, but I still feel it is viable. I feel it is much better than mk9 scorpion and not far behind the other two variations.
Well that's the thing, that meterless damage he used to get appears to be gone which was the main perk of the variation imo. His high risk payed off. Looks like there is scaling on the low demon which really hurts. So in light of that, yea, he's probably done. At least compared to the other two variations. You can still play him if you like him, but he doesn't bring much to the table anymore besides a little better anti-zoning than the other two.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I love this thread lmao. "god, scorpion sucks now! He only gets close to 40% damage into a standing reset. how do i beat anyone with that?" lololol.

if you're so hurt that they took away his broken pressure, why not just play someone else lmao? I'd play scorpion if he was bottom tier because he is a bad ass. I play him because i love his play style not because i can slam my face into the pad and win matches. if anything, I'm kinda happy the took it away. I like when I have to out play my opponent not just throw broken shit at them.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I love this thread lmao. "god, scorpion sucks now! He only gets close to 40% damage into a standing reset. how do i beat anyone with that?" lololol.

if you're so hurt that they took away his broken pressure, why not just play someone else lmao? I'd play scorpion if he was bottom tier because he is a bad ass. I play him because i love his play style not because i can slam my face into the pad and win matches. if anything, I'm kinda happy the took it away. I like when I have to out play my opponent not just throw broken shit at them.
Who do you play?

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
He NEVER had a meterless vortex. Everyone says this but the f4 has always been reactable. You start by blocking low and you react to the slow f4 and stand block it. The only mixup is between b3 and f2 but that is not a vortex because f2 is not a combo starter.
Do you know what the term "vortex" means? clearly not. downplayer

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Do you know what the term "vortex" means? clearly not. downplayer
Vortex: A situation where one player is continually able to force their opponent to make an unfavorable guess out of a combo or setup, resulting in the opponent getting caught in the same setup all over again. Usually performed after a reset or a hard knockdown and the opponent is forced to guess where to block on their wake up; High, Low, Left or Right. Originally applied to Marvel vs. Capcom 2 player Michael "Yipes" Mendoza who used it with his Magneto/Psylocke team, but was later popularized in Street Fighter IV where characters such as Akuma, Cammy and Ibuki could do it after a hard knockdown.

Scorpion is more of a weird mix up game character instead of a full on vortex.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So, in an attempt to normalize Hellfire Scorpion. Inferno and Ninjitsu variations took a hit to the 214 string.

However Inferno Scorpion took the major blunt out of all three variations imo. And he received such an unjustified nerf that it's insane. Inferno Scorpion no longer has a block string that he can use a special from safely. 214>Mid Demon, and 214>OH Demon can both be hit out of with just about any standing poke into a full combo. Which completely nulls his chip game down, forcing him to basically only use B121 for the entirety of his up close game.

To make matters worse his damage took a hit, and his combos are now harder to perform.

So tell me what am I supposed to do with him now? Zone with specials that have 28 frames of start up and are -27 on block? Pray and go super yolo at all times. I know people complained about Raiden's universal 6 frame mid being turned into a high in his other variations. But this fix to hellfire completely destroyed Inferno.

Yes I'm salty, and yes I'm sure I'll be on the salt report. ;~;
Your title quote has a typo in it.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
You dont know what vortex means if you think scorpion has one. F4 is reactable 100% of the time. The only overhead low guess is between b3 and f2. You are clearly the one who does not know what a vortex is.
what youre both describing is a 50-50 where your only way to get out is to block. thats not a vortex. theres no point in having this conversation because clearly im speaking with people that know nothing

Matix218

Get over here!
what youre both describing is a 50-50 where your only way to get out is to block. thats not a vortex. theres no point in having this conversation because clearly im speaking with people that know nothing
You are an idiot, its only a vortex if both options lead to a combo and end in the same guess. You are wrong. Stop making yourself look stupid

A vortex in fighting game terms is a situation that loops into itself on hit.

A 50-50 is an unreactable guess.

All vortex situations do not include 50-50 guesses. All 50-50 guesses do not lead into a vortex.

A 50-50 vortex is an unreactable guess that loops into itself. No variation of Scorpion has or has had a true 50-50 vortex.

Scorpion has a vortex. Scorpion has 50-50s. Scorpion does not have a 50-50 vortex.

The f2 overhead that is a 50-50 breaks the combo loop. F4 is reactable even tho it is a part of Scorpions vortex. Low and throw by definition are a 50-50, and every character, including Ninjitsu Scorpion, has that option.

Just to clear things up. Carry on.....

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I didn't know there were 50/50 and normal vortexes. I always thought a vortex was something where you're forced to guess right or you stay in the loop. If the only options that force you to guess end the vortex is it a real vortex?