What's new

R-E-S-P-E-C-T: The Kitana Match-up Thread

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Another thing I noticed was that when he threw a bomb on top of you, you would throw iAFs over it and get caught in the net. The way to deal with bombs thrown on you is to dash forward (or walk) and block the net, THEN throw iAF between the cooldown on the net. He can't throw another one for like 2 seconds so take advantage of it.

He was throwing nets up close which is punishable by 21~whatever you want.

My advice is to find another LB player (Cyrax) or the same guy and play him as much as he will let you to learn the matchup. Punish his habits as he had many.
What if he throws a bomb mid distance first and then throws the long bomb, which is what he usually does? Also, is a blocked net punishable by f2,1 as well.

As far as getting the xp it shouldnt be a problem, the player has his faults but we're cool and he'll let me play against his obstacle course as much as I want, we have another Cyrax as well who doesnt play as much any more.

I usually play Kit rushdown but against this Cyrax, the Cyrax would just back track a little and throw a net everytime, which is why I chose for her to zone there. But Im not sure waht you mean by setups in a zoning war with kitana? I guess i could wait and pick more when I have her do an iaf, but beyond that I dont how Kitana sets up things from 3-4/4 screen.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
What if he throws a bomb mid distance first and then throws the long bomb, which is what he usually does? Also, is a blocked net punishable by f2,1 as well.

As far as getting the xp it shouldnt be a problem, the player has his faults but we're cool and he'll let me play against his obstacle course as much as I want, we have another Cyrax as well who doesnt play as much any more.

I usually play Kit rushdown but against this Cyrax, the Cyrax would just back track a little and throw a net everytime, which is why I chose for her to zone there. But Im not sure waht you mean by setups in a zoning war with kitana? I guess i could wait and pick more when I have her do an iaf, but beyond that I dont how Kitana sets up things from 3-4/4 screen.
If he throws a mid bomb then far bomb on top of you, wait on top of the bomb on you to see what he will do. If he throws a net right away, you can jump over the net and throw an AF on the way down to avoid the mid bomb. You just have to watch what he does. Bombs are easy to avoid once you play against them enough. Get used to how long they are out before the blow up.

What I mean by setups with Kitana are doing moves that elicit a reponse that you can predict and punish. People tend to jump after being hit or blocking a d1 or two. You get a free 2~fan, 4~fan lift every time. Do a jk~air fan and see how they react. Do it again. Did they react the same way? Punish them when you know how they play. Set them up. Does the cyrax player always throw a net after two bombs? Dash forward and jump over the net and punish with an :en AF to full BnB. That's what I mean. Do everything with a purpose, never just throw an iAF just because that's how you are supposed to play Kitana.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Is there any way to punish mileenas u4 before it connects? I've been trying to 2~fan after blocking one u4 and know another one is coming but not had much luck. Its seems like with such a slow startup it should be punishable.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Is there any way to punish mileenas u4 before it connects? I've been trying to 2~fan after blocking one u4 and know another one is coming but not had much luck. Its seems like with such a slow startup it should be punishable.
Let go of block sooner. You have ages to land a 2~fan. You can even jk~air fan or :en fan lift too or simply jump back out of the way.