What's new

Tech - Summoner Quan Chi METERLESS 53% Corner Combo- Is this Fair?

TamedLizard

Buff George
If Quan never gets touched, the community will have to learn how to fight him.

Which I'd be glad to help them do. That would be a productive conversation as opposed to the many, "Quan broke, Cyrax 2.0" dead horse that gets beat over and over again. At least having that conversation, everyone would be getting better as players.
Well, even though this isn't regarding Summoner and since you offered...

What's the secret to Sorcerer's armor spell? Does it have unlimited hits of armor or is just completely dependant on Quan's position? Because it's 50/50 that I'm able to knock him out of it and sometimes hits land even while it looked like he was still in the spell circle.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I think it's a combination of things. TYM, the dev's decisions, QA tester feedback, etc.
Yeah I think everything plays a part in influencing their decision

P.S. what is this alternate dimension where we suddenly agree on all things in a Quan Chi thread

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.

What's the secret to Sorcerer's armor spell? Does it have unlimited hits of armor or is just completely dependant on Quan's position? Because it's 50/50 that I'm able to knock him out of it and sometimes hits land even while it looked like he was still in the spell circle.
CORRECTION! (Credit to @Rude for actual numbers and additional info.

I loaded up Quan in training real quick and dropped the portal. Looks like he gets one hit of armor while standing in it, then another hit every so many seconds. 6 seconds. So, two hits total per portal. They don't seem to stack if you stand in the portal without taking a hit until the very very end.

Im sure a Quan main can chime in with anything I've misstated or missed entirely. I don't play him, just trying to help.

ADDITION BY RUDE:

Now, with that said, if he steps out of the portal and steps back in right away, he gets a hit of armor all over again. So say you trade with him on a projectile, he can step out and step back in for a new hit of armor. .

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yeah I think everything plays a part in influencing their decision

P.S. what is this alternate dimension where we suddenly agree on all things in a Quan Chi thread
I actually think it's kind of interesting. Whether you agree on what gets buffed or not, I'd love it if they ever decided to give us a behind the scenes look at the decision making process behind this kind of stuff.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

So each spell circle lasts about nine seconds real time. He gets one hit of armor every six seconds. So round about two hits per portal.

Now, with that said, if he steps out of the portal and steps back in right away, he gets a hit of armor all over again. So say you trade with him on a projectile, he can step out and step back in for a new hit of armor.

Also, he doesn't need to be standing all the way into the circle. As long as one foot is in the circle, he has armor.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So each spell circle lasts about nine seconds real time. He gets one hit of armor every six seconds. So round about two hits per portal.

Now, with that said, if he steps out of the portal and steps back in right away, he gets a hit of armor all over again. So say you trade with him on a projectile, he can step out and step back in for a new hit of armor.

Also, he doesn't need to be standing all the way into the circle. As long as one foot is in the circle, he has armor.
Hope its ok, I credited you and added your additional explanation to the post I made above. Dont want him to read it and not notice yours. I did not realize you got another hit every time you leave and re-enter portal.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I actually think it's kind of interesting. Whether you agree on what gets buffed or not, I'd love it if they ever decided to give us a behind the scenes look at the decision making process behind this kind of stuff.
That's all I'm saying as well

Starcraft for example, has in depth explanations every patch next to every single patch note, and there is generally at least a patch a month. This is a game that has no in-game purchases, not even skins, and over the course of 5 years, has had ONE dlc release (if you count it's first expansion as a DLC). And this isn't even there main IP - these guys own freakin World of Warcraft, Hearthstone AND Diablo. So if they can make the effort to communicate with the community for there smallest least profitable IP, MKX could make a little effort to do the same IMO, it goes such a long way towards building discussion on the game, and has so many positives to it, people know WHY changes come in and it gives a building point to base discussion rather than the circular never-ending arguments we have on TYM, because when people actually have a talking point, even if they disagree with the changes they can discuss things directed towards what should have been done to achieve the issues the developer felt were present in the character, it would just make discussion as a whole much healthier ESPECIALLY if they are going to draw so heavily from crowdsourcing changes for patches from the forums. It's about caring for your competitive community, it becoming a popular game makes you money off people joining in for sales. They've treated MKX like a bloody pump-n-dump. I just wish they looked a bit further than immediate short term.

I strongly disagree with this statement
mighty Shujinkydink love your quan, youre the reason I play him, but why do you disagree with that statement ? played tempest against summoner quan a while back, it was super even, soon as I got put in the blender, I couldn't get out, were talking about quan having 5 % life left and he turned the table just like that with a flawless victory ? and I know how to block the vortex, its just a huge pain in the ass too block right all the time, which you just cant if quan player mixes it up a bit, for a character who doesn't have any wake ups going against one who has many, was fighting like he didn't need any wakeups ? seriously I find after recent events, that quan is super strong. and I know now why people say he's a one death touch character, WTF I GOT BODIED BY RICH HOMIE QUAN; and I was TEMPEST ? why can't people just agree that summoner is badass, hes perfect as he is, every time I fight him I end up with a headache of all the thinking I need to do, it's insane..., all out of his stupid NJP.. mad respect to you're quan ;)