What's new

Quan Chi Matchup Discussion Thread

^trufax, they do all day.

W/ Kano--he was my main for like a year--, with up-ball happy d-bags, just bait one (or a few) and uppercut or sweep him. Once you reset the pace, and come from mid-screen to close, he starts to worry because all he has at that range is a jump back, risk a b112 v. one of your strings (bad idea, you might just trance instead etc.) his f3,b2 low starter (the range will lose to your f1,2~ string here) and another up-ball, which you stuff out. Do mind the jump back air-ballz on your chin counter though.

^trufax, they do all day.

W/ Kano--he was my main for like a year--, with up-ball happy d-bags, just bait one (or a few) and uppercut or sweep him. Once you reset the pace, and come from mid-screen to close, he starts to worry because all he has at that range is a jump back, risk a b112 v. one of your strings (bad idea, you might just trance instead etc.) his f3,b2 low starter (the range will lose to your f1,2~ string here) and another up-ball, which you stuff out. Do mind the jump back air-ballz on your chin counter though.
You're right about the Trance at that range, I've caught a few Kano users that were expecting a string. I didn't realize his options were so limited when closing from mid.

I know little about Kano, so thank you for that info regarding f3, b4 losing out to f1, 2.

Sand-man

Noob
You don't have consideration for the quan chis comeback, if he entry is the end, they considerate the ex game of pg, the runetrap is more goos of johnny cages fireball ex...

inviato dal mio Sony Ericsson Xperia play utilizzando tapatalk

myth

Noob
You don't have consideration for the quan chis comeback, if he entry is the end, they considerate the ex game of pg, the runetrap is more goos of johnny cages fireball ex...

inviato dal mio Sony Ericsson Xperia play utilizzando tapatalk

Yea but while playing Quan like that one also has to consider....

Has anyone ever really been far even as decided to used even go want to do look more like johnny cages fireball ex?

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Shujinkydink do you feel the 2-8 CSZ is accurate? I'm just scratching my head at trying to figure out why that MU would be so terrible on paper and it's rare to come across CSZ players. The dive kick is a concern, yes, as is the parry; but the parry no longer parries low so if CSZ is to attempt that he's going to eat 38% or the mid 30%s and a runetrap. KL and Raiden are obviously god awful MUs but I'm just wondering the authenticity of CSZ's MU.

GuamoKun can we play that MU sometime? It very well may be a 2-8 in CSZ's favor but I've just yet to face a CSZ with Quan.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Shujinkydink do you feel the 2-8 CSZ is accurate? I'm just scratching my head at trying to figure out why that MU would be so terrible on paper and it's rare to come across CSZ players. The dive kick is a concern, yes, as is the parry; but the parry no longer parries low so if CSZ is to attempt that he's going to eat 38% or the mid 30%s and a runetrap. KL and Raiden are obviously god awful MUs but I'm just wondering the authenticity of CSZ's MU.

GuamoKun can we play that MU sometime? It very well may be a 2-8 in CSZ's favor but I've just yet to face a CSZ with Quan.
lol no. I have that 6-4 in quans favor. i havnt the slightest where this 2-8 is coming from. his dive kick is a minimal concern, especially if hes doing it from full screen. you can b3 12 that shit all day when he lands. b3 12 his parry, fuzzy guard his 33 string. bombs are the only real threat in this MU. What do you guys think?

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos

Add me...so that I may break you as well <3

lolol.

Error

DF2+R2

A couple of patches ago CSZ could parry Quan all day before and during his strings including B3. I had also heard that Divekicks were safe against Quan, but idk about that.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
IniquityDM I dont believe that to be accurate at all. IMO, CSZ sucks badly...bottom 5 on my personal tier list...you have to play the MU diferently, utilizing b3 1+2 or f1,2 while whiffing F1, but its not even close to an 8-2. I think we have it at a 6-4 CSZ, but I personally think its a 5-5

btw, I hope you are all enjoying my quan tips im giving out on twitter! im trying to post one every day for the next two weeks, if you havnt already, follow me Shujinkydink

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
just a suggestion, the kenshi matchup is in quans favor about 7-3. example being the glitch with the unreflectable skull, and the ability for quan to get in too easy

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
How do you guys feel about the Liu Kang MU? In all honesty i'm absolutly clueless when it comes to Quan Chi. I know to block low most of the time, but I seriously will sit there for 10 seconds and be like "what?". I'd say 5-5, out of complete cluelessness.

DemoniChris

Lord of the Sick
How do you guys feel about the Liu Kang MU? In all honesty i'm absolutly clueless when it comes to Quan Chi. I know to block low most of the time, but I seriously will sit there for 10 seconds and be like "what?". I'd say 5-5, out of complete cluelessness.
I would say 6-4 in Liu's favor.. I almost never pick Quan if someone is playing Liu :/

Quito

PSN : QuitoTheSecond
i cant stand quan chi player. Rune trap, then rune trap...... The string back 3 then 1+2 can be interupted whith a fast normal?

i cant stand quan chi player. Rune trap, then rune trap...... The string back 3 then 1+2 can be interupted whith a fast normal?
I don't believe so. You have to really practice your fuzzy guarding - it's vital against Quan Chi. You have to be familiar with his strings as well. Against the rune trap, there's really not much you can do against it unless you have a breaker ready and get purposely hit by one of his strings.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't believe so. You have to really practice your fuzzy guarding
Not really. Quan's strings are horribly linear, people just don't want to learn the basics to a character that's rarely played.

F12 (high, low)
F12 1+2 (high, low, high)
B3 1+2 (low, overhead)
U3 (overhead - very slow and extremely easy to fuzzy guard)
21U3 (high, high, overhead - another string that amazes me that I see is effective. The overhead is horribly punishable)
212 is the standard rune trap starter

Just block low against Quan. The B3 1+2 is easy to look for as well. The U3 is slow as hell and isn't even a threat. Easy to fuzzy guard on reaction. The risk completely outweighs the reward.

7 frame uppercut, 7 frame d3 are Quan's only fast normals. 11 skydrop jails into 212 EX rune; you're free to attempt to jump away following the first rune trap. Though I don't recommend making a habit out of it, as Quan's standing 2 can hit you in the air and you can connect a trance into it, allowing another 11 skydrop into 212 EX rune or a full combo.

Reactions: nBe
Not really. Quan's strings are horribly linear, people just don't want to learn the basics to a character that's rarely played.

F12 (high, low)
F12 1+2 (high, low, high)
B3 1+2 (low, overhead)
U3 (overhead - very slow and extremely easy to fuzzy guard)
21U3 (high, high, overhead - another string that amazes me that I see is effective. The overhead is horribly punishable)
212 is the standard rune trap starter

Just block low against Quan. The B3 1+2 is easy to look for as well. The U3 is slow as hell and isn't even a threat. Easy to fuzzy guard on reaction. The risk completely outweighs the reward.

7 frame uppercut, 7 frame d3 are Quan's only fast normals. 11 skydrop jails into 212 EX rune; you're free to attempt to jump away following the first rune trap. Though I don't recommend making a habit out of it, as Quan's standing 2 can hit you in the air and you can connect a trance into it, allowing another 11 skydrop into 212 EX rune or a full combo.
True, I guess you really only have to really fuzzy guard three of his strings. The rest you can just block low.