What's new

Quan Chi Matchup Chart

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
No offense to Hidan, but I don't think he's playing the matchup correctly....

I didn't see one Skull Trap.... He kept trying to jump in on you, instead of skulltraps from almost fullscreen.

There were many opportunities when you were trying to jump back to that "sweet spot" for TKP and he didn't trance.

Basically, he kept coming to you, when he should've been making you come to him.

Also, I saw no rune traps. I know he doesn't use them, but c'monnnnnnnn....

I would really appreciate it if you had more recent videos of Hidans Quan vs Your Ermac.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Quan Chi never breaks in the first round, EVER
Yeah i agree with you, especially when he was in the situation i put him. He was less than 30% of his life and i was at almost full health. We discussed it about it later and he told me that he wasnt thinking straight cause he got hit with too many AA's during that match. But i agree with you on that one.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Why is the Quan Chi player zoning ermac and throwing out random NJ Punches? I saw ALOL of opportunities for him to do the rune trap.
Could you tell me where you saw those opportunities plz ? The NJ punches were done only two times cause he thought i was gonna jump probably.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
yah man, no disrespect to anyone, but your just a bit of a better player man. Because of this it makes you think it's 7-3 match up, but dinkys quan aint gonna get pushed around like that man.

Quan has rune trap, he should use it, if it's in the game use it. I don't even play Quan and I also saw lots of missed Meter Build opportunities. Superb METER MANAGEMENT is essential in all of Quans match ups.

Would love to see you vs Dinky offline because your ermac is sick man.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
No offense to Hidan, but I don't think he's playing the matchup correctly....

I didn't see one Skull Trap.... He kept trying to jump in on you, instead of skulltraps from almost fullscreen.

There were many opportunities when you were trying to jump back to that "sweet spot" for TKP and he didn't trance.

Basically, he kept coming to you, when he should've been making you come to him.

Also, I saw no rune traps. I know he doesn't use them, but c'monnnnnnnn....

I would really appreciate it if you had more recent videos of Hidans Quan vs Your Ermac.

Yeah i know. Now that you mention it i ve noticed that too in that tournament.

About the backjumps i was also doing air-blasts so there is a high possibility that trance will whiff, dont forget that.

Well there wasnt much of a choice nevertheless.He couldnt zone me and i wasnt going anywhere near him than TKP range.

He probably wanted to save meter, thats all i can say cause i honestly dont know. Maybe he didnt wanna use rune-traps cause i might have had breaker, i dont remember.

I ll have to check out if i find anything more recent than that video, cause we havent played any MK since WGC back at Feb.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Quan legitimately needs his runetraps, I don't know why people frown on using it. It's nowhere near the level of game breaking stuff such as Cyrax and Smoke's resets.
Agreed 100%.
IMO, one of the most unique and devastating setups in the game.
And the salt-inducing tricks you can produce with it when you can afford to get fancy, say if you had a mass life or meter lead, are nightmarish. Elder Gods bless the EX Close Rune. Won't even lie, it's what made me wanna pick him up.

Ive got a pocket quan ready for some matchups =)
Yes. Yes you really do.
Friggin' EX Trances eating my soul. Grr and so forth.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Considering he beat you the first match and what he was doing, there is no way the matchup is 7-3 and the vid proves it. IMO it looks more 5-5, when Ermac gets in his range he can compete, but when Quan gets in and starts using his rune traps, and pressure game, Ermac struggles.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'd call it a 6-4. Without the Rune Trap, it'd definitely be 7-3.
It pretty much comes down to meter.
Quan more or less needs it to win, or at least work in his heaviest punishes. Ermac doesn't.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Considering he beat you the first match and what he was doing, there is no way the matchup is 7-3 and the vid proves it. IMO it looks more 5-5, when Ermac gets in his range he can compete, but when Quan gets in and starts using his rune traps, and pressure game, Ermac struggles.
Dont judge from 2 matches m8. The reason i put this MU so high in Ermac's favor is because of the great number of matches me and Hidan have played. I can show you matches, if they are recorded cause they were casuals, where i destroyed him nevertheless and he was doing the same things in the previous video. When i created my MU chart i didnt judge based on matches i ve seen and i didnt simply played vs almost the entire roster a couple of times. I played almost against all of the characters many times each to decide how i will portrait my numbers. But, in the end, its about the player. IMO this MU is 7-3 in Ermac's favor and that wont change until i see something i cant face. The rune-trap isnt by all means "OP" or "broken" as some tend to believe. Yes it has a great comeback factor but that doesnt mean anything if QC cant touch a heaver zoner such as Ermac. And if i decide to play pure zoning and nothing else QC cant break in at all. I ve talked about it with Hidan many times and QC has limitations against many of his MU's but i m in no position to discuss that. Hidan will if he wishes. But as for this MU it was played countless times to reach to those results. If Dink has an Ermac player of my level in Canada or anywhere in the US, then please by all means play some matches and record them so i can see how he "blows" Ermac as he says.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Agreed 100%.
IMO, one of the most unique and devastating setups in the game.
And the salt-inducing tricks you can produce with it when you can afford to get fancy, say if you had a mass life or meter lead, are nightmarish. Elder Gods bless the EX Close Rune. Won't even lie, it's what made me wanna pick him up.

Yes. Yes you really do.
Friggin' EX Trances eating my soul. Grr and so forth.
in some casuals in mexico city i got hit with 100% from smoke. Im uploading the videos to my youtube channel soon. You`ll hear me just say, "...that is NOT fair."

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
in some casuals in mexico city i got hit with 100% from smoke. Im uploading the videos to my youtube channel soon. You`ll hear me just say, "...that is NOT fair."
Cyrax's resets I can avoid, for the most part, outside of the 18 wheeler sized hitbox hitting my character's pinkie toe. Smoke, on the other hand, gets his reset off a d1~SB AA, his main strings, his extremely fast overhead and can shoot them out across the screen like nothing. Shitting all over zoners in the process. I mean, c'mon...Smoke is a damn good character as is, those resets are just ridiculous on him. I do predict seeing A LOT of him at MLG.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Outside from the occasional 123 with Robot, just because I like my setup because it looks Matrix as fuck :D, I never play to the resets. I want 'em gone. The only one that doesn't really phase me is Jax. IIRC, he could murder you in the corner even before they shot him up up with Edenian deca-durabolin; it's the GPC's and armoring the EX Punch FF7 Barrett Dynamite Fist From Hell that made him a supreme being. But Smoke's & Cy's are just psychotic.
One can only hope 1.06 will be the end of it all...but I doubt it.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
One can only hope 1.06 will be the end of it all...but I doubt it.
Pffffft like thats gonna happen. NRS is concerned with making thier money so they're working full time on other projects, no doubt. Not a year old game that not many people play