What's new

Quan Chi Matchup Chart

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
After discussions with AdmiralAugustus Hidan Shujinkydink and myself, an updated Quan Chi matchup chart has finally been made! Welcome to the Netherrealm.

Baraka: 5-5
Cyber Sub-Zero: 4-6
Cyrax: 4-6
Ermac: 5-5
Freddy Krueger: 4-6
Jade: 6-4
Jax: 5-5
Johnny Cage: 4-6
Kabal: 4-6
Kano: 5-5
Kenshi: 4-6
Kitana: 4-6
Kung Lao: 5-5
Liu Kang: 3-7
Mileena: 4-6
Nightwolf: 5-5
Noob Saibot: 5-5
Raiden: 5-5
Rain: 5-5
Reptile: 5-5
Scorpion: 5-5
Sektor: 5-5
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Sheeva: 6-4
Sindel: 4-6
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 4-6
Sonya Blade: 3-7
Stryker: 5-5
Sub-Zero: 6-4

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Do you mind explaining why Baraka is 5-5? Me and 1man3letters have it in Quan's advantage, I am curious what you guys perspective is on it.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm just curious how KL is a 5-5, I'm not disagreeing with it but I'm clearly doing something wrong lol

Error

DF2+R2
Can't uppercut punish both Raiden's and Kung Lao's teleport on reaction? He also punishes them twice as hard for mistakes. It seems like it'd be hard for Raiden to get a life lead. Kung Lao's 112 whiffs on Quan, and supposedly 2121212 is unsafe.

I also disagree with the Sindel match up. Quan Chi has nude pics of her, so he wins this 10-0 or else it's going on his Quan'space.

GNG Iniquity

Can't uppercut punish both Raiden's and Kung Lao's teleport on reaction? He also punishes them twice as hard for mistakes. It seems like it'd be hard for Raiden to get a life lead. Kung Lao's 112 whiffs on Quan, and supposedly 2121212 is unsafe.

I also disagree with the Sindel match up. Quan Chi has nude pics of her, so he wins this 10-0 or else it's going on his Quan'space.
The problem is, is that high level Raidens such as PL will generally teleport when you're on the offensive or between your strings. The common Raiden and PL's Raiden are two entirely different monsters. I just don't see how anyone can bait out PL's teleport.

And yeah, Quan can uppercut KL's teleport on reaction but his rush down and spin are still a threat in my eyes. Spin at 6 frames beats everything Quan has in terms of speed. I just don't think there's been adequate representation of both of those characters to say they're 5-5s.

Error

DF2+R2
We'd have to get PL to play vs himself using Quan Chi and Raiden/KL to find out then, since both players would have to be on the same level. I just don't see Raiden being able to do much against Quan, he can probably stomp lighting on reaction and just turtle, forcing Raiden out of his comfort zone. About KL, I'm not sure at all, never played one offline.

GNG Iniquity

We'd have to get PL to play vs himself using Quan Chi and Raiden/KL to find out then, since both players would have to be on the same level. I just don't see Raiden being able to do much against Quan, he can probably stomp lighting on reaction and just turtle, forcing Raiden out of his comfort zone. About KL, I'm not sure at all, never played one offline.
Yeah, I do agree with that. I just see such a vast difference between PL's KL and everyone else; no offense to KL players but I'm sure they share the same sentiment. B W1zZ has a very good Raiden however, and I'm presuming Shujinkydink 's had the opportunity to play him offline; so I should trust his judgement! I personally just haven't had a lot of experience against good Raidens.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Johnny, I think is even. Quan, IMO, has a solid advantage over him in the zoning department.
You play Trance-range keepaway, try and make for high-damage combos instead of Rune Traps so you can save a Breaker to get out of a frame trap if need be, and you should be able to maintain control.

Cyrax = 4-6? How?

How come it's 6-4 for Sindel? Once he mixes his teles and starts combos+rune traps, she's helpless.
At least I am. Both his tele+trance shut her zoning down.
Am I missing smth?
Mr. Mileena please elaborate.
She controls the full screen.
Insta fireballs (without the levitate inputed, i just seem to like naked iafs with her)
Insta fireballs control him, she is safe fullscreen from trance. forcing him to move in, she can also duck his skulls with her low fireball.

The key with actually anyone in the roster to blocking chi's tele is to quickly move somewhat back and block. This way, if he does a normal teleport or if he shifts to the right, you can block and punish.

Should he shift to the left, quickly react and punish with 4,4. You can also guess he's going to move back and punish with 44.

Using B3 and 44 to punish whiffed strings is great.
use a mid levitate and cancel it to trick him into teleporting as well.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
ya Sindel can outzone quan, which in turns does not allow him access to block string pressure for meter building. also, her levi-cancel pressure if done properly can frustrate quan as we all know he has trouble with pressure.

Kung Lao- IMO quan has this 6-4, but having not played a decent KL offline I like to keep it at 5-5. Quan can d1 trance the du3 on reaction, he can punish the spin with b21, his best combo starter, can uppercut a few of his crucial strings, and blocked low hat. I would like to hear a decent KL's opinion on this MU cuz I dont see how he wins it.

Raiden - A keepaway raiden can be tricky, but you can skydrop his projectiles on reaction, punish the tele with rune trap(even if your late). his pressure is quite good, but 90% of raidens end their strings with shocker or lighting finger bullshit so if you read it you can uppercut it.

Baraka - safe spin is tough on quan, especially since it knocks him away out of pressure. He can punish trance with a dash into blade charge. His pressure is slow which gives quan some advantage, and his mixups can be seen pretty clearly but he does have a few tricks.

hope this helps! Any feedback is appreciated

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
QC vs Ermac is not 5-5. 7-3 in Ermac's favor all the way. Are you sure you discussed it with Hidan ?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
QC vs Ermac is not 5-5. 7-3 in Ermac's favor all the way. Are you sure you discussed it with Hidan ?
Seven-Three?? That's heavy. I must know, how does that work?
I've never had that severe of a problem with Quan against Mac...they play the same kind of waiting game style, they're both sluggish in some departments and on point in others, it seems like it'd be just a matter of who's more precise, especially when Quan's projectile is faster and factoring in his low starters & pressure strings.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Seven-Three?? That's heavy. I must know, how does that work?
I've never had that severe of a problem with Quan against Mac...they play the same kind of waiting game style, they're both sluggish in some departments and on point in others, it seems like it'd be just a matter of who's more precise, especially when Quan's projectile is faster and factoring in his low starters & pressure strings.
QC cant break in Ermac's zoning area at all. Even if he teleports Ermac can simply TKP him out of the teleport grabbing him from inside the ground and sending him fullscreen again. Also he cant punish AT ALL TKP outside of sweep range. On the other hand one blocked trance from QC from midscreen to ALMOST fullscreen and Ermac can simply dash in and punish it with lift. QC's close game can be dealt with with fuzzy guard it is not that hard. Its not in Scorpion's mindgame lvl. Plus even if you dont punish teleports with TKP's you can always dash in or backwards to block them if he tries to close the gap and he will be punished hard for that. As for pressure Ermac has better low pokes as well. d1 at 6 frames and his d3 has a very good range which allows him to control the footsies space. QC cant deal against all that. The only advantage QC has against Ermac is when he is at fullscreen which that also can be dealt with with dash d3 or dash blocking. Once he is at max TKP range QC will have to come to him and thats where it gets hard for QC cause of Ermac's superior down pokes.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Damn. I guess I haven't been playing the right Ermacs. Lol.
Maybe it's just because I play Mac too, I feel like I've got a good feel for it in that particular match, but you make a lot of sense.
Gonna practice the hell out of this match just in case.
Heh np m8 glad to help anyway i can. Its just that me and Hidan have simply played soooo many games against each other to find all these weaknesses. If you need anything else for this MU let me know.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Heh np m8 glad to help anyway i can. Its just that me and Hidan have simply played soooo many games against each other to find all these weaknesses. If you need anything else for this MU let me know.
Most definitely. If there's anyone in MK who'd know this match, it'd be you two.

I'm gonna test out Quan's shitty matchups today and see if anything pops out that could change them.
To me, he seems like he's still unexplored enough that there HAVE to be a few holes in the blueprints that he can exploit to reset the proverbial bracket.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
correct me if am wrong but i though cyber sub could parry rune traps? and if thats the case could raiden teleport from a runetrap too? i mean considering how slow 212 is maybe raiden could take the hits right before the ex rune it self comes out and teleport it? gonna test this out, or maybe between one of the hits of 212. oh and btw insuperable fuck you, fuck your quan chi and fuck your babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

GNG Iniquity

I don't know if I'd say 7-3 in Ermac's favor, but 6-4 in Ermac's favor certainly. It's a bad MU for Quan, but I don't know if it's quite THAT bad. I personally feel that SZ and Noob are 6-4 in their favor since they just rape Quan in the corner.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I don't know if I'd say 7-3 in Ermac's favor, but 6-4 in Ermac's favor certainly. It's a bad MU for Quan, but I don't know if it's quite THAT bad. I personally feel that SZ and Noob are 6-4 in their favor since they just rape Quan in the corner.
Trust me it is.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
correct me if am wrong but i though cyber sub could parry rune traps? and if thats the case could raiden teleport from a runetrap too? i mean considering how slow 212 is maybe raiden could take the hits right before the ex rune it self comes out and teleport it? gonna test this out, or maybe between one of the hits of 212. oh and btw insuperable fuck you, fuck your quan chi and fuck your babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

no, once your in the rune trap your in the rune trap. no escaping. Online ive seen ppl armour out of it and stuff..just lag shenanigans.

metzos13 there is no way in HELL thats a 7-3 in ermacs favor. That is ludicrous! quan can easily outzone ermac and bait a teleport. punish with b21, his highest damaging launcher, and punish his telekenetic bullshit with f12 rune trap. I see NO way ermac can win this