What's new

Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
ZombiePenguin has entered the conversation.

Is it common knowledge that you can poke / uppercut in the middle of B3 1+2 now? Milky did it while I was fighting him and I thought he was the only person in the world who knew, but then another guy I fought a week or so later poked me out of it as well.

It makes sense that some other special could make the string safe or more safe but a low to overhead that's pretty fast that also gives you enough advantage to uppercut before you can respond has to make this one of the best strings in the game. If someone has someone else to do some testing with I would like to know if certain characters can d3 to interrupt.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Hey errbody! Sorry about the possibly pointless post in the thread, didn't realise until just now that Error had already mentioned the possible d4 > trance off of a deep jump in kick in here, so apologies.

Anyway, I'm new to Quan and plan on sticking with him exclusively for a while. I find playing just a single character at a time helps me level up, so hoping the same will happen here! As a bit of background, I usually play Kitana, Sektor and Kabal. All really solid characters obviously, but not entirely fun for me at the moment. After watching Insuperable's Quan at Toryuken I immediately knew I had to learn some of that shit! Some of the most entertaining fights I've seen in a good while!

So, you might be wondering why I'm jumping from one of 3 really solid characters to Quan, and it's purely for fun. I'm one of few Australian players who dedicate themselves to the game, so I don't see myself playing in any tournaments in the near future. Not unless the game get's sold in retail here, and everyone suddenly falls in love with it. But, we all know that's not going to happen. :(

That's that basically. And in the future I'll make sure I poke around these topics a bit more before blindly posting like before. I've already learned quite a bit reading through the history of this topic! Thanks guys!

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Holy shit the best thing happened the other night. After deciding to play Quan exclusively for a while, my save file decided to corrupt itself! Story Mode time!!! -_______________-

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
Make sure to put a copy of completed story mode on the cloud or on a spare USB or something! I made sure to as soon as it was done so I don't have to deal with that shit again haha

So, do people never end combos with EX skull because it does the same thing as ending in sky drop? Is there any use at all from ending combos with EX skull?

Just was playing around with Quan and was curious about this.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
So, do people never end combos with EX skull because it does the same thing as ending in sky drop? Is there any use at all from ending combos with EX skull?

Just was playing around with Quan and was curious about this.
I like to use ex skull to guarantee a round, because some characters can escape the skydrop into rune trap. However no one can escape the ex skull stun. you get a free jip

D

Deleted member 9158

I find most people now just run away from Quan. Its especially frustrating when the only way in is the skydrop near them, and they know its coming.

Any tips for dealing with people who turtle Quan out?

OZombiePenguinO

Garbage, bro
I find most people now just run away from Quan. Its especially frustrating when the only way in is the skydrop near them, and they know its coming.

Any tips for dealing with people who turtle Quan out?
Either zone them with skulls if it's a character that you can do that to, or do different things to follow up your teleport whiff. Of course, the traditional bare bones rushdown strategy is always an option.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
I think a big part of Quan's game that we're missing is the AA punch in the air. Yeah, it's hard as shit to do on reaction, but how many times do you get the opportunity? I'm guess a lot. Just ONE collision of punches in the air, into F1 2 Trance, can lead to a full 60% rune trap. I think all Quans need to make this their new focus now that the meter building has become standard. I'm also a fan on Dink's standing3 into rune!
I DID STANDING THREE RUNE FIRST! we were exploringoptions on quans normals and found it. it wasnt all his. its kinda bad though, it has uses

D

Deleted member 9158

Either zone them with skulls if it's a character that you can do that to, or do different things to follow up your teleport whiff. Of course, the traditional bare bones rushdown strategy is always an option.
I often get zoned out after the first round, because I've mopped the floor with them up close.

STB Shujinkydink

quan can outzone most. if u lose the life lead use dashing d3 to get close, and dashing d4 when you want to start pressure

well i definately cant now becuz my disc doesnt work now. fml
From personal previous experience, the Quan vs Sonya matchup is a mixed bag. Lol, It really makes me want to give it a try and challenge gamerblake. Regardless, I'd like to see how that would go down, especially if my tech can turn the matchup around in your favor, I can hardly land it online.
Lol I'm so proud, Quan's going through an evolution!

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
From personal previous experience, the Quan vs Sonya matchup is a mixed bag. Lol, It really makes me want to give it a try and challenge gamerblake. Regardless, I'd like to see how that would go down, especially if my tech can turn the matchup around in your favor, I can hardly land it online.
Lol I'm so proud, Quan's going through an evolution!
Hey solitude do you play on xbox or ps3? If you play on xbox add em XBL: DrFlash44

STB Shujinkydink

Quan Children, please check out my new weekly podcast im doing. Its exclusive to my youtube page "Shujinkydink" (surprise) Im trying to keep it under 10 minutes for easy convienent listening, your feedback or questions you want me to talk about on my next show are appreciated. :D:D

STB Shujinkydink

ive recently just started armoring through sub zeros 212 string. between 1 and 2 you can armor, its great to keep you out of the corner :) just fyi

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
ive recently just started armoring through sub zeros 212 string. between 1 and 2 you can armor, its great to keep you out of the corner :) just fyi
How's Quan versus Sub? I've never seen this match up played at high level for some reason :(.

Also dat A-town stomp armor <3.

Quan Children, please check out my new weekly podcast im doing. Its exclusive to my youtube page "Shujinkydink" (surprise) Im trying to keep it under 10 minutes for easy convienent listening, your feedback or questions you want me to talk about on my next show are appreciated. :D:D
I haven't seen an episode of Dink facts in ages or you haven't made one in a while...:confused:?

Not quite sure which is the case lol.