What's new

Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

myth

Noob
Umm, are you talking about 2, 1, U+3?
nope.
2,1 u3 covers space but if you try to use it at a distance ; only the u3 will hit.Plus you cant link to trance.

I want an overhead sting that will travel space and have one or more hits land before the overhead comes.

Like for example f2,1,u3 trance.

Also Quan needs to be able to boost off u3 ,trance.

iduno

Spletty

Grandmaster
I know this isn't very reliable, but I was playing the computer on expert and I kept repeating "2, 1, skull, dash" and the computer would never interrupt, if someone could test this in a reliable way id really appreciate it

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Can anyone help with rune trap?when i played QC a few months ago i could get it perfectly inescapable but now after a 11 telestomp and 212 rune they can jump out,am i pressing the inputs too late?

i counter the jumps with f12 to trance.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Can anyone help with rune trap?when i played QC a few months ago i could get it perfectly inescapable but now after a 11 telestomp and 212 rune they can jump out,am i pressing the inputs too late?

i counter the jumps with f12 to trance.
212 doesn't always work online. 21 EX rune will though.

GNG Iniquity

so i'm forced to lose a lot of meter because of online,great.
I go with 212 EX rune which works most of the time online, but if they jump out, I just use 21 EX rune for the rest of the match. That's just online for you, it's a piece of crap.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I go with 212 EX rune which works most of the time online, but if they jump out, I just use 21 EX rune for the rest of the match. That's just online for you, it's a piece of crap.
do you also have problems whiffing rune after a whiffed trance?they recover too fast online.

GNG Iniquity

do you also have problems whiffing rune after a whiffed trance?they recover too fast online.
I generally use a teleport in front of my opponent and a whiffed trance to build meter. Two whiffed trances, even offline, is way too strict for me. Props to Under_The_Mayo but it just doesn't work for me.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I generally use a teleport in front of my opponent and a whiffed trance to build meter. Two whiffed trances, even offline, is way too strict for me. Props to Under_The_Mayo but it just doesn't work for me.

Make sure you`re only attempting double trance whiff after 1 1 2 Trance, or a ground-to-air Trance, or maybe a B3 1plus2 followed by B1 1 Trance. You have to use the air properties. All other trances allow Rune Trance whiff. Here`s some tips!

1.) I`ve found that whiffing the Rune first and then the Trance is more helpful than the other way around. Once you land your Trance, start buffering the inputs for a close rune near the end of the recovery animation of the Trance. Then as your whiffed Rune is finishing, buffer the inputs for the whiffed Trance. This leaves you with a good amount of time to recover and then hit 1 1 Skydrop.

2.) If you`re uncomfortable with the timing of whiffing a Trance and Rune, don`t opt for a Rune and Skydrop whiff! Skydrops build only 3.74% meter, while Runes build 6%. You have PLENTY of time for a double Rune whiff if you want a bit more free time to hit 1 1. So combo into Trance, whiff Rune, whiff Rune, 1 1 skydrop. And then you`re good to go brother.

3.) After landing an extended Trance allowed two whiffed Trances (like after 1 1 2 or ground-to-air), you can opt for a whiffed Trance and whiffed Rune and you`ll have just as much time to hit your 1 1 Skydrop as if you had done Rune Skydrop after a Trance with regular ground properties.

Error

DF2+R2
Standing 1 aa gentlemen, Standing 1.
D1 anti-crossup of the game?

Was talking with Wonder_Chef and the hitboxes on both are HUGE.

Discuss.

EDIT: @Welfare_Chef :trollface:
Me and @Iniquity tested this a while ago, D1 may be slow but it hits at such a high angle, I was able to link it into trance a couple of times, and this was online.

I've also come to love Quan's 1 as an anti air, and if not that, then walk back B11 is also good.

I also like doing jip 1 pause throw/B3/212/b11

Is standing 3 unsafe? It looks like a neat little poke.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
1 1 3 is the coolest looking chain ever.

I'm going to use it for EVERYTHING.

stance switch 1 1 3 xray corner combo... DARRRNNNNNNNNNN

Me and @Iniquity tested this a while ago, D1 may be slow but it hits at such a high angle, I was able to link it into trance a couple of times, and this was online.

I've also come to love Quan's 1 as an anti air, and if not that, then walk back B11 is also good.

I also like doing jip 1 pause throw/B3/212/b11

Is standing 3 unsafe? It looks like a neat little poke.
It's negative... like 2 or 3 frames. Somewhere around there.

Albo

Noob
Huge props to dink, you represented quan well and showed the you have some of the best woolay in the world with him. It was hard to see you get eliminated after such a good showing and being so close to advancing. You and hidan are definitely the two best quans out there imo without a doubt and it's a joy to watch you guys play. it's awesom to see you sticking with quan no matter the matchup and no matter the player you going against which shows how loyal and dedicated you are to the character.

plus, you're really entertaining on commentary:)

GNG Iniquity

Is 212 guaranteed after Skydrop on hit? I have a friend who keeps jumping out.
Yes, I have every scrub nobody dickweed doing this to me online now. REALLY pissing me off big time. People are just treating this character like Johnny Cage now and jumping back. I've yet to try a trance following them jumping back, no fucking idea if that'd work, but this is pivotal to Quan's game. So if there's no way around this, the hell do you do? He sucks without that runetrap. Flat out. I'm not gonna try to deny it because he does. Shujinkydink Insuperable wtf do you guys do?

Verge of dropping him honestly.

Error

DF2+R2
I think it's due to lag, in training mode it seems he has just enough advantage off of rune to land the 212 but with online lag it's easier to jump out. Usually I'll catch them in the air but the string will drop before I can hitconfirm into a trance.

GNG Iniquity

I think it's due to lag, in training mode it seems he has just enough advantage off of rune to land the 212 but with online lag it's easier to jump out. Usually I'll catch them in the air but the string will drop before I can hitconfirm into a trance.
I'm hoping it's just lag. I mean, I know it sounds stupid to say "Well, if Quan doesn't have this, he sucks and isn't viable" but it's totally true in high level play lol. But yeah, if it's just lag, then whatever I'm happy. I'll try to test it out at casuals. Anyways, Dink and Soup should have the definitive answer in regards to that since they play online a lot as well as offline.

GNG Iniquity

It's pretty annoying to get the timing down for sky drop to rune trap, but if you can't get it down (which is possible because of different connections), you could do a few different things:
1. 21~ex skull to jip 212 rune trap/mixup
2. 212 rune trap (the ex rune won't be part of the trance~212, so they would eat full damage)
3. sky drop 112/212 trance (shouldn't be too hard to hit confirm 212. same thing with 112, but if they block it's a 50/50 on the 2)
Yeah, after about 4 various connections with them jumping out of the 11 skydrop into 212 rune trap, I played a buddy online doing it and he was unable to jump out. So I'm just going to attribute it to online, ah well.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Yes, I have every scrub nobody dickweed doing this to me online now. REALLY pissing me off big time. People are just treating this character like Johnny Cage now and jumping back. I've yet to try a trance following them jumping back, no fucking idea if that'd work, but this is pivotal to Quan's game. So if there's no way around this, the hell do you do? He sucks without that runetrap. Flat out. I'm not gonna try to deny it because he does. Shujinkydink Insuperable wtf do you guys do?

Verge of dropping him honestly.
I belive if you dash after the skydrop they can jump out, but the 212 should still hit. In this case just hit confirm into trance, meter build, reset. they'll stop eventually.

GNG Iniquity

I belive if you dash after the skydrop they can jump out, but the 212 should still hit. In this case just hit confirm into trance, meter build, reset. they'll stop eventually.
Yeah, I just attributed it to online's BS, ah well. The net and a dream Cyrax player was dropping his resets too lol.

Sorry if this old, I was playing a quan chi online, As sektor, after his low to overhead was blocked he was able to uppercut before I could 1,1 or 1,2 is this supposed to be possible or is it the Internet or maybe it is a sektor question? Thanks