What's new

Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Found some more crap that I've yet to see anyone use, may be info that's already known. If it's garbage, I apologize but I like to get the brainstorming going as these forums are essentially dead and I truly feel that Quan is a VERY unexplored character.

xray - has full armor (was not aware of this. Quan does have an actual defensive means. Believe it only hits high - we should further test this.)

EX Skull~skeletal boost/EX skeletal boost
EX Skull~JIP

edit: EX skull isn't very worth while.

Error

DF2+R2
I believe it grants a safe jump and your opponent wasn't aware and was trying to jump out/counter-attack while you had the advantage.

Flagg

Noob
I think im going back to maining this guy. Playing against ShuDinky recently, watching Mayos vids and using the Quan in Ranked today has restored my faith.

Been trying to main Raiden, but the character seems so lame and I get no joy in winning with the Thunder God. The Dark Wizard however....

One question, how the Hell does Quan deal with Kano?!!?

FortaySeven

I don't care
i tend to just wait for an opening against kano and then hope i get lucky, i generally stick with 21 exrune online just to ensure they cant get an upball out and interrupt me

if they spam upball, and you are online and its not a perfect connection: bend over and take it you can try uppercut but it will most likely be blocked, offline uppercut should get it every time
thinking more about it, i wonder if upball will go over a d3 or still hit you

it probably wont work against kano very well, but i have had success against rangers recently by using trance right after jumping over a projectile

you can also just try to avoid kano players online, thats been my favorite

myth

Noob
One question, how the Hell does Quan deal with Kano?!!?
i bait upball and punish with b1,2 combos. If they zone out EX skydrop as a knife hits- then apply pressure' ~ i've never exchanged a trance with a knife. i always lose to the knife.

Could anybody help me with dash here: "b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1"? For me it still works time to time only after entire day training. Do you mess "f" or it's all just about accurate timing?

myth

Noob
Could anybody help me with dash here: "b+2,1 > dash > b+2,1"? For me it still works time to time only after entire day training. Do you mess "f" or it's all just about accurate timing?
The way i got it down consistently was by watchin his feet and focusing on when he dashed to enter the next imput.

It could also be your controller.

GNG Iniquity

It is admittedly somewhat aggravating to happen against you, if you don't have breaker, but it really isn't that great. Burning meter for 16% isn't a 'viable' strategy in high level play; especially if said characters possess a reset and you need that breaker as a lifeline. It's a fun trick, but it's pretty self-destructive in high level play lol

^Speaking of Skarlet, I've got ZERO answer to her when she gets going.

On the same page, how the F&%$ do you come remotely close to dealing with smart players resembling any kind of rush-down? You only have SO MANY EX sky drops, man. U_U

More Q's: what do you do against Sub, Smoke and Kabal? I feel free all day in those match-ups.

GNG Iniquity

On the same page, how the F&%$ do you come remotely close to dealing with smart players resembling any kind of rush-down? You only have SO MANY EX sky drops, man. U_U
d3(7 frames) and hope that you have meter to start the runetrap. Never use EX sky drop, it's a total waste of meter. I like to purposely walk backwards from the very aggressive players, a lot of the time they'll jump at you giving you a free trance; people don't generally respect Quan's trance.

Error

DF2+R2
What'chu guys think of D1xx trance for anti-crossups, the timing is strict, but it's doable, I tested it a few times against IniquityDM and completely forgot to post about it. His D1 may be slower Smoke in the storymode, but it hits at a high angle akin to Scorpion's and it looks like a pretty decent Anti-Air.

GNG Iniquity

What'chu guys think of D1xx trance for anti-crossups, the timing is strict, but it's doable, I tested it a few times against IniquityDM and completely forgot to post about it. His D1 may be slower Smoke in the storymode, but it hits at a high angle akin to Scorpion's and it looks like a pretty decent Anti-Air.
I think a jump back punch is probably more applicable for Quan in regards to an anti-cross up. 11 frames is just rough for a d1 man :/. Long as you can get that JIP F12 trance, he's good. That's a nice anti cross-up.

I've found his standing 1 to be pretty reliable for jump ins though!

Error

DF2+R2
I've been cursed with losing air to airs, so I feel like d1 would work better for me, so idk, personal preference.

GNG Iniquity

I've been cursed with losing air to airs, so I feel like d1 would work better for me, so idk, personal preference.
Understandable. They're both 11 frames though. AAs in general are pretty lackluster online. Unless you're playing Kung Lao or Sub, then they work! :)

myth

Noob
Some one fill me in on this....

When is Quan getting his buff?
Less frames on a few things, armored EX trance, new string that takes space, has an over head and can be link'd with trance?

Is NRS done with Quan?