What's new

Question - Quan Chi Quan Chi Best Character in the Game?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I think they changed it to 7 frames, -9 on block, +3 on hit
This is from the patch notes:
  • Quan Chi - Down+FP now has 6 startup frames and is -7 on block (down from 9 and -10)
This is from the hotfix notes:
  • Quan Chi – Down+Fp is now -9 on block and 3 on hit (from -7 and 6)

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Who would you say are his worst MUs? Fighting Tanya feels horrible tbh.
Kobu Jutsu, Wreslter Jax and Swarm Queen are his worst for sure, with Tanya being about 7-3ish. Im still testing out how viable his d1 is in all his MUs. Im finding it to be kinda gimmicky

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
Kobu Jutsu, Wreslter Jax and Swarm Queen are his worst for sure, with Tanya being about 7-3ish. Im still testing out how viable his d1 is in all his MUs. Im finding it to be kinda gimmicky
Gimmicky is kinda harsh. I'd call it situational, as some pressure in this game you need armor to get out of.

STB Shujinkydink

Gimmicky is kinda harsh. I'd call it situational, as some pressure in this game you need armor to get out of.
well i call it gimmicky cause he doesnt really get anything guaranteed off it. b3 is the closest at 7 frame follow up. that leaves 6 frames for armour, counter, backdash and punish..pretty much whatever you want lol. as soon as people start disrespecting this quan is kinda screwed lol. Plus its only 2% on hit so theres no fear of damage either really

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I was wrong good sir. But i appreciate you pointing it out to me :) The past few days have been eye opening for me. Quan needs a secondary to compete
I haven't had enough online exp to really know yet, + I use D'vorah as a secnodary already... But you don't think Warlock would cover some of the worse matchups? I feel like having the armour as a threat is enough to help in certain matchups.

STB Shujinkydink

I haven't had enough online exp to really know yet, + I use D'vorah as a secnodary already... But you don't think Warlock would cover some of the worse matchups? I feel like having the armour as a threat is enough to help in certain matchups.
I really dont think so. The armour gives you a way out but you're sacrificing the damage from the other variation. like significantly. So instead of only needing one opportunity to get out as summoner, you need to correctly guess, armour, hope you dont get punished, and then not your opponent get started 3 times in one match. It seems to me that would be a bit more difficult, but i could be wrong. Not to mention warlocks damage got nerfed for some reason lol

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Those buffs were a damn luxury. Yeah quan wasn't perfect and the complaints about him were justified BUT FOR CHRIST SAKES HE WAS STILL TOP 10 while other characters like my boy kenshi who DESPERATELY NEEDED GOOD BUFFS were given "buffs" that did absolutely Jack shit. Oh yay instead of 53 recovery frames on whiff with telefury it is 43, OH FUCKING JOY NOW KENSHI WILL ONLY GET PUNISHED BY 99% OF THE CAST FROM FULL SCREEN AS OPPOSED TO 100% OH MY GOD THANK YOU NRS YOU ARE SOOOOOOO FUCKING HELPFUL FOR THIS CHARACTER THAT IS THE SHIT OF ALL TRADES GOOD AT NOTHING! God damn it that patch made me so salty

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Play Possessed. It's cooler anyhow.

:)
Dont like possessed. Sento is broken. And that is a no no for me. Even if i did pick it up possessed is still not that great and gets outclassed by other characters that do his job better and more

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
This is from the patch notes:
  • Quan Chi - Down+FP now has 6 startup frames and is -7 on block (down from 9 and -10)
This is from the hotfix notes:
  • Quan Chi – Down+Fp is now -9 on block and 3 on hit (from -7 and 6)
Thank you! I apologize for the misinformation

Fallen_sektor

I will show no mercy
I was wrong good sir. But i appreciate you pointing it out to me :) The past few days have been eye opening for me. Quan needs a secondary to compete
as a day 1 quan main myself i can say you should really pick up shinnok to cover quans bad matchups, boneshaper and impostor are like a mini quan in 50/50s, it obviously wont do as much damage as quan, but you have a whole other set of tools, all rushdown chars really have to think about it before trying to get past your zoning, plus the whole new level of preasure you ll get, shinnok and quan are the perfect dirty top tier couple, cant seem to think of a character who can actually beat them both

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I really dont think so. The armour gives you a way out but you're sacrificing the damage from the other variation. like significantly. So instead of only needing one opportunity to get out as summoner, you need to correctly guess, armour, hope you dont get punished, and then not your opponent get started 3 times in one match. It seems to me that would be a bit more difficult, but i could be wrong. Not to mention warlocks damage got nerfed for some reason lol
No offense, but that basically just read to me, "Warlock needs to play the same game as the rest of the cast."

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So can we merge this, DMS' thread, that deathknight guy's thread all into one?

They're basically the same thread.