What's new

Question - Quan Chi Quan Chi Best Character in the Game?

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
We all know that Quan got buffed in the last patch to the game, and was given a 6F D1, meaning that he can actually contest pressure now. Along with other top tiers getting nerfed, did this propel him to the number 1 spot?

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
More than likely.

The stuff they're coming up with in the Quan forums just makes me wanna play another game, its too broke.

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
More than likely.

The stuff they're coming up with in the Quan forums just makes me wanna play another game, its too broke.
Lmao I took a peek in their forums earlier too RichhomieQuan is on some other shit #Quanlifeornolife..maybe Jax life.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Probably not. Poking out in this game is hella overrated with so many frame traps and armored moves. He still has shitty defense and has slightly better offense but its w/e. I disagree with them buffing him but it is what it is.

Its too early to tell who the new #1 is though.

4x4lo8o

Noob
He was already in most people's top 5's and on top of the d1 got a handful of buffs that made both his zoning and mix ups even better plus most of the other top characters got nerfs and some of the characters that gave him problems(Liu Kang) got nerfed. I'd say right now there's a strong argument that he's the best in the game

Samsara

Resident Cynic
If Quan isn't current No.1 he's without a doubt Top 3. I would have ceded to some Quan buffs if they were reasonable, but they gave him some luxury shit that is completely inexplicable at this point.

What hurts worse is that some Quan players persist in their incessant downplaying. They won't stop until all of their options are guaranteed and he gets a 6 frame d3 for good measure.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
He is top now for sure, but not the best. Even with that d1, he struggles vs some characters up close.

Shut up doe he need more buffs. Seriously it upsets me to see the stuff he can do. Insane damage, 50/50s up the ass 1 frame apart, 40%+ unbreakable damage.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
It's really disappointing to see how many people don't understand this character on a fundamental level. Yes, he can kill in a hit. Yes he has the best 50/50 in the game. Yes he has an amazing poke now to compliment the only hole in his game.

What you people don't understand is, HE DOES NOT HAVE ARMOUR. Well I mean he has armour but it's pretty bad armour. How could this character ever be OP without armour? While he may be decent he's still in need of fixes, Skydrop needs to be about 20 frames faster on start-up and launch, putting it on par with some of the other overhead armoured combo starters. It also REALLY needs to be made safer, Sub-Zeros overhead armour is -10 on block, Quan Chi is -18? Seriously, and you guys complain about him? Learn to abuse your block infinites guys as it stands Quan Chi is one of the easier characters to beat in the game, you can just cheese him out by playing offensively, every time he blocks anything you do don't worry about those negative frames, just go straight into something else because his armour is crap therefor he can do nothing. LEVEL UP AND ADAPT.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
It's really disappointing to see how many people don't understand this character on a fundamental level. Yes, he can kill in a hit. Yes he has the best 50/50 in the game. Yes he has an amazing poke now to compliment the only hole in his game.

What you people don't understand is, HE DOES NOT HAVE ARMOUR. Well I mean he has armour but it's pretty bad armour. How could this character ever be OP without armour? While he may be decent he's still in need of fixes, Skydrop needs to be about 20 frames faster on start-up and launch, putting it on par with some of the other overhead armoured combo starters. It also REALLY needs to be made safer, Sub-Zeros overhead armour is -10 on block, Quan Chi is -18? Seriously, and you guys complain about him? Learn to abuse your block infinites guys as it stands Quan Chi is one of the easier characters to beat in the game, you can just cheese him out by playing offensively, every time he blocks anything you do don't worry about those negative frames, just go straight into something else because his armour is crap therefor he can do nothing. LEVEL UP AND ADAPT.
Are you fucking kidding me dude? Warlock Quan Chi has a half screen, 11 Frame fucking low combo starter with armor. How do people that cry about Quan having bad armor not know that move exactly exists in Warlock? Quan Chi is retarded now

peachyO

Noob

Seriously though. Quan was done dirty in the last mk, and I'm happy to see his new buffs. He's a solid character for sure now. But his armour is crap, he struggles a bit under pressure, and is frequently unsafe. He can be beat.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Top 10, certainly...
Top 5, maybe...
Top 1, very unlikely - IMO.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
He is not. A #1 character does not have losing mus. Top 5 for sure though
Oh?

Now not ONLY does quan have no Bad MUs, but his previous bad MUS are nerfed to his favour since he also has a counter pick in warlock.
So in other words, you yourself proclaim Quan Chi as the best in the game by your own definition.

I see. :coffee:

TamedLizard

Buff George
I hate Quan Chi.

It's a madhouse MU with him in MKX. I'd feel confident in ranking him not top 5, but top 3......right under Goro and Kenshi.

:DOGE