What's new

Question - Quan Chi Quan Chi Best Character in the Game?

4x4lo8o

Noob
So can we merge this, DMS' thread, that deathknight guy's thread all into one?

They're basically the same thread.
But if we don't have 3 active threads about how good Quan Chi is how will we ever know how good he is?

Imposter shin, wrestler jax, and swarm queen dev are awful mu's. I havent had a good set with a kobu yet but i can only imagine what a shit show that is.

The d1 "buff" is too high a risk for such a low reward. He still has no reliable way to escape pressure

Imo quan is somewhere around top 5 but no way is he the best char in the game

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Are you fucking kidding me dude? Warlock Quan Chi has a half screen, 11 Frame fucking low combo starter with armor. How do people that cry about Quan having bad armor not know that move exactly exists in Warlock? Quan Chi is retarded now
Warlock isn't in the top 1 discussion, Summoner is.

Quan's D1 is hella overrated. He has no guaranteed options on hit and it is punishable by a lot of normals on block. It is literally just to stop pressure, which might not even be stopped cause you could be poked out of your follow up. His gameplan hasn't changed at all since pre-patch and the only BS buff he got was to charged B2, but realistically you're never even gonna be hit with that and no vortex setups have been found with a charged B2 yet that can't be escaped with just a poke.

People need to really do some research before bandwagoning on to the whole "Quan undisputed top 1 lulz #NerfQuan", he's without a doubt top 5 imo, but not having an armored launcher means a lot of the cast still have ridiculous pressure versus him and Quan cant do much to stop it, except for Warlock obviously. But that's not the variation under discussion here. This results in a quite few bad MUs for Summoner, which is something the undisputed top 1 character wouldn't have. I still feel Lao is the best character in the game, he has such a strong base toolset that covers pretty much everything which makes it so noone has anything they can exploit to get easy wins on him. Quan doesn't have that liberty and people can still abuse him with pressure, despite this new supposedly "godlike" D1.

It's really disappointing to see how many people don't understand this character on a fundamental level. Yes, he can kill in a hit. Yes he has the best 50/50 in the game. Yes he has an amazing poke now to compliment the only hole in his game.

What you people don't understand is, HE DOES NOT HAVE ARMOUR. Well I mean he has armour but it's pretty bad armour. How could this character ever be OP without armour? While he may be decent he's still in need of fixes, Skydrop needs to be about 20 frames faster on start-up and launch, putting it on par with some of the other overhead armoured combo starters. It also REALLY needs to be made safer, Sub-Zeros overhead armour is -10 on block, Quan Chi is -18? Seriously, and you guys complain about him? Learn to abuse your block infinites guys as it stands Quan Chi is one of the easier characters to beat in the game, you can just cheese him out by playing offensively, every time he blocks anything you do don't worry about those negative frames, just go straight into something else because his armour is crap therefor he can do nothing. LEVEL UP AND ADAPT.
Now you are getting it:DOGE)))) I was waiting for someone to try to kill you for this post before they had a chance to turn on their Sarcasmometer))

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Now you are getting it:DOGE)))) I was waiting for someone to try to kill you for this post before they had a chance to turn on their Sarcasmometer))
One person did :p

And one person agreed with it non-ironically which I think is even worse :p

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Warlock isn't in the top 1 discussion, Summoner is.

Quan's D1 is hella overrated. He has no guaranteed options on hit and it is punishable by a lot of normals on block. It is literally just to stop pressure, which might not even be stopped cause you could be poked out of your follow up. His gameplan hasn't changed at all since pre-patch and the only BS buff he got was to charged B2, but realistically you're never even gonna be hit with that and no vortex setups have been found with a charged B2 yet that can't be escaped with just a poke.

People need to really do some research before bandwagoning on to the whole "Quan undisputed top 1 lulz #NerfQuan", he's without a doubt top 5 imo, but not having an armored launcher means a lot of the cast still have ridiculous pressure versus him and Quan cant do much to stop it, except for Warlock obviously. But that's not the variation under discussion here. This results in a quite few bad MUs for Summoner, which is something the undisputed top 1 character wouldn't have. I still feel Lao is the best character in the game, he has such a strong base toolset that covers pretty much everything which makes it so noone has anything they can exploit to get easy wins on him. Quan doesn't have that liberty and people can still abuse him with pressure, despite this new supposedly "godlike" D1.
Amen Bro, Amen