What's new

Punishing Red Hood's Trait Enders

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Gonna test that today.
i hope its not punishable, otherwise trait is going to be really shitty :/ the whole point of mb'ing it is to be safe

Edit: Nvm its not punishable i tested it with Red hoods lunge, even if u back dash the last hit, he can block in time, honestly tho i wish there wasnt a gap there, its kinda annoying.

Last edited:

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
@Marinjuana So I finally tested all options Brainiac has

S3, S2 and Cybernetic Charge punish the overhead.

However, I want you to test a couple things for me. His Super has the same startup and range as his Cybernetic Charge but it doesn't punish it. I take it that's due to the actual travel speed or are the actual frames wrong?

Lastly, I suck with Brainiac's instant air divekick but in my experience it can't punish it. Can you confirm my suspicion on that?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I didn't think of S2, now I can background bounce you fools! :REO

I'm almost positive that the Divekick won't punish it, there's too much pushback. At any rate, definitely not worth going for unless you wanted to take a chance on the overhead mixup.

Same for the Super with the pushback. Super is indeed 13 frames but there's "travel" frames at that distance.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
So I checked everything, raw trait, string into trait, crouch vs stand block. The pushback is almost exactly the same and F2 never even intercepts RH’s hitbox.

It doesn’t punish midscreen.
Tested it myself, and you're right.

It does punish in the corner, however.

Must have been a combination of punishing in the corner, and Hood players thinking they can push buttons against f2.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
you talking about superman's f2?
Yeah.

Yeah at -13 lol
I consider the Hood player I catch with this pretty good. There be a logic, or at the very least a heuristic, behind it. My guess is Hood catches a ton of whiffs or incorrect buttons.

He also hates playing Superman to the degree where his play begins to decline out of frustration during long sets, so there is that.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
i hope its not punishable, otherwise trait is going to be really shitty :/ the whole point of mb'ing it is to be safe

Edit: Nvm its not punishable i tested it with Red hoods lunge, even if u back dash the last hit, he can block in time, honestly tho i wish there wasnt a gap there, its kinda annoying.
Backdashing after the meterburn only leaves him at -7. So nobody is punishing him midscreen.In the corner it’s still possible

Could be worse, like Ivy’s mb datura hammer gap lmao. I still wish this wasn’t the case.

Last edited:

GJX7

Your Mediocrity Is Killing Me
Haven't added Enchantresses F2, that's the only thing that can punish it mid screen

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Backdashing after the meterburn only leaves him at -6. So nobody is punishing him midscreen.In the corner it’s still possible

Could be worse, like Ivy’s mb datura hammer gap lmao. I still wish this wasn’t the case.
yeah i really don't get why the mb has a gap, even in the corner tho, what are they gonna punish with? a 6 frame d1? that seems pretty tight.