What's new

Punishing Red Hood's Trait Enders

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
This is a long overdue thread on my behalf for a variety of reasons but the gist here is to list who can punish Red Hood's trait enders: the low (4332 d2), the overhead (4332 u2) and the throw (4332 throw).

With that being said, I'll proceed. This includes every character so far.

Low Shot (4332 d2)
The low option that is -11, where everyone gets at least a d1 punish. I'm not going to bother to list who can punish it here as it all comes down to what your character can do.

Switch and Shoot (4332 throw)
The throw ender that can be avoided by ducking and has 31 frames of recovery. Again, I'm not going to list every possible punish here as that is what you make of it.

Brain Buster (4332 u2)
The infamous overhead ender that is -13. The pushback it grants make it such that only some characters can actually punish it and only a handful of characters can full-combo punish it. Every character that can punish it with their options listed below.

Atom
  • Super
Atrocitus
  • Rage Charge (bf1)
Bane
  • Super
Batman
  • Can only punish with 3 bats.
Brainiac
  • Cybernetic Charge (bf3)
  • S2
  • S3
Black Adam
  • F1
Black Manta
  • Instant Air Shark Attack (air bf2)
Blue Beetle
  • Mandible Strike (bf3 in blade stance)
Darkseid
  • Palm Blast (df2)
Doctor Fate
  • F2
Enchantress
  • F2

Flash
  • Lightning Punches (bf2)
  • Super
Firestorm
  • Fusion Charge (bf3)
  • Super
Green Lantern
  • Lantern's Might (db1)
Poison Ivy
  • B2
Red Hood
  • Lethal Lunge (df3)
Starfire
  • F2
Sub-Zero
  • B2
  • F2
  • Slide (bf3)
Superman
  • Super
Supergirl
  • F2
Notes
  • I only know that if a normal can punish it, it can punish it. I don't play the aforementioned characters, therefore I dunno the optimal punish off their attack.
  • I have not tested corner options yet so stop saying I didn't.
  • More to come.

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
So... this is another downplay thread for Red Hood... :rolleyes:

JUST KIDDING lol if you want to add joker, last I checked, his b1 can punish his high and low ender.

Crusty

So... this is another downplay thread for Red Hood... :rolleyes:

JUST KIDDING lol if you want to add joker, last I checked, his b1 can punish his high and low ender.
Everyone can punish the low ender and throw.

Joker can't punish the overhead.

Crusty

Superman's f2 can punish the overhead for a full combo, easy.

Pretty sure Supergirl's b1 can, as well.
No it does not. Not midscreen. Neither does SG b1

Corner may be a different story though. But realistically I hate to check all corner. Options

Crusty

I should've stated an addendum. Every option you see is an option the character has midscreen. If I did not list a a character and their option, the CANT punish it.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Starfire’s f2 is a really tight punish on the overhead (1 or 2 frames iirc) but reversal db3 punishes all options with no difficulty.

Crusty

Starfire’s f2 is a really tight punish on the overhead (1 or 2 frames iirc) but reversal db3 punishes all options with no difficulty.
Db3 doesn't punish the overhead on reversal. RH can block in time.

Crusty

It’s a 9 frame reversal. Test again. I’m like 99% sure it works, I frequently use it against my training partner who mains red hood.
A 9 frame reversal that doesn't reach him. Just like Robin's DP doesn't reach him. I KNOW it doesn't work because I spent 2 hours gathering this list.

I'll test regardless and get back to you.

Crusty

It’s a 9 frame reversal. Test again. I’m like 99% sure it works, I frequently use it against my training partner who mains red hood.
I have tested it and concluded. It doesn't punish midscreen as it whiffs. It only punishes when she's cornered.

But considering I haven't tested corner yet. I won't add it since I like to add all my data at once.

I'll put an addendum though.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I have tested it and concluded. It doesn't punish midscreen as it whiffs. It only punishes when she's cornered.

But considering I haven't tested corner yet. I won't add it since I like to add all my data at once.

I'll put an addendum though.
Yup you’re right. Sorry, I could’ve sworn it punished midscreen.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
No it does not. Not midscreen. Neither does SG b1

Corner may be a different story though. But realistically I hate to check all corner. Options
I punish Red Hood's 4332u2, midscreen, in real matches, almost every time he does it. Superman's f2 absolutely punishes midscreen. You must not be hitting your buttons correctly.

Crusty

I punish Red Hood's 4332u2, midscreen, in real matches, almost every time he does it. Superman's f2 absolutely punishes midscreen. You must not be hitting your buttons correctly.
F2 literally doesn't reach him. The RH player is probably pressing buttons.

Crusty

I
No, the pop-up notification says punish, not counter.

Maybe the string Red Hood cancels the trait out of effects the spacing?
It's possible. But Superman could never punish he overhead since launch. I'll test and get back to you.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I

It's possible. But Superman could never punish he overhead since launch. I'll test and get back to you.

Also a thing to consider is how much of Red Hood's stringXXtrait is crouch versus standblocked, before I stand up for the overhead. Some normals and specials have less pushback on crouch block than they do on stand block.

Crusty

Also a thing to consider is how much of Red Hood's stringXXtrait is crouch versus standblocked, before I stand up for the overhead. Some normals and specials have less pushback on crouch block than they do on stand block.
So I checked everything, raw trait, string into trait, crouch vs stand block. The pushback is almost exactly the same and F2 never even intercepts RH’s hitbox.

It doesn’t punish midscreen.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
It’s a 2 frame fuzzy block. Not that difficult once you get used to it, but still.
so against someone who knows how to fight red hood, do i just do the overhead/grab ender if im gonna try to mix?

also, which option is the faster one, the low or the overhead?

Crusty

so against someone who knows how to fight red hood, do i just do the overhead/grab ender if im gonna try to mix?

also, which option is the faster one, the low or the overhead?
Low option is the fastest option at 14 frames.

You can fuzzy all three mixups, low-overhead-low