What's new

PS5 Event Discussion

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think $600 for a console is insane. I can spend a fraction of that on a new graphics card and have a much better experience on PC, and access to 90% of the worthwhile games that will be coming out. I can also continue to upgrade my PC over the next 4 years while PS5 owners will be stuck with their 2020 machine. I'm legit surprised console gaming is even still a thing with how quickly new technology becomes obsolete.
It might come down eventually, but yeah.. I think the PS3 was close to that in price when it released as well.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think $600 for a console is insane. I can spend a fraction of that on a new graphics card and have a much better experience on PC, and access to 90% of the worthwhile games that will be coming out. I can also continue to upgrade my PC over the next 4 years while PS5 owners will be stuck with their 2020 machine. I'm legit surprised console gaming is even still a thing with how quickly new technology becomes obsolete.
600 for a console is ridiculously cheap compared to PC gaming. A top card like a 2080ti is like nearly 1000usd and that is just the card AND it is long after the release, as in that is what it costs right now.. you also need all the other crap. A next gen pc is like 2-4K depending on what you put in it. Consoles have always been about compriomise. No console is as powerful as a top of the range PC, but they are a tiny fraction of the cost.. so that is the trade off.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
600 for a console is ridiculously cheap compared to PC gaming. A top card like a 2080ti is like nearly 1000usd and that is just the card AND it is long after the release, as in that is what it costs right now.. you also need all the other crap. A next gen pc is like 2-4K depending on what you put in it. Consoles have always been about compriomise. No console is as powerful as a top of the range PC, but they are a tiny fraction of the cost.. so that is the trade off.
You don't need a top of the line pc to compete with modern consoles, though. And almost everyone has a PC already, so no need to buy all the parts. Just need a decent cpu and graphics card and you're good to go. And that's just to do everything the console can do. It doesn't take into account all the additional options that become available, like choice of controller, better VR experience, endless peripherals like flightsticks and steering wheel, more graphical customization, mods; the list goes on. As far as I'm concerned, there is no comparison between console gaming and PC gaming in 2020, and the gap is only going to continue to get wider.

DeftMonk

Noob
Does microsoft have a scheduled event like that? (other than that lame trailer that had 2 sec of some shooter in it released 2 hours before the ps5 event)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Triple A games here in Denmark are usually at 90 dollars (599dkk).

Edit:
Btw, can't get over how good Chris looks in RE8! They fixed his trashy-looking ass from RE7!

Last edited:

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Winners us, kena game of the year contender.
Losers, Godfall- we have know about this title for 2 years why is the trailer that bad?

Also next gen upgrades might be legit unreal super excited for them also confused at them saying gtav upgrade for free which may imply that not all upgrades are free :(

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I think $499 should be the maximum price for a new console. And then special editions or ones with more HD space or something can be more. The rumored $600 price tag is really steep for a console tbh.

If new games are ONLY on next gen, like Elden Ring for instance, definitely will be getting whichever console has the better exclusives. So far with the Demon Souls remake/remaster, PS5 is in the lead for me.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You don't need a top of the line pc to compete with modern consoles, though. And almost everyone has a PC already, so no need to buy all the parts. Just need a decent cpu and graphics card and you're good to go. And that's just to do everything the console can do. It doesn't take into account all the additional options that become available, like choice of controller, better VR experience, endless peripherals like flightsticks and steering wheel, more graphical customization, mods; the list goes on. As far as I'm concerned, there is no comparison between console gaming and PC gaming in 2020, and the gap is only going to continue to get wider.
Not to mention the patch delays, release date inconsistencies, glitches and lack of support.
Master race, though.

I definitely won't get ps5 until it has a cd red project game, nrs, or something along those lines. Last time I purchased a new gen console it collected dust for a long time because no good games were available

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I definitely won't get ps5 until it has a cd red project game, nrs, or something along those lines. Last time I purchased a new gen console it collected dust for a long time because no good games were available
I'm guessing that was XBOX ONE :p

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Winners us, kena game of the year contender.
Losers, Godfall- we have know about this title for 2 years why is the trailer that bad?

Also next gen upgrades might be legit unreal super excited for them also confused at them saying gtav upgrade for free which may imply that not all upgrades are free :(
Kena looked wonderful.
I loved the vibe of RE8, but I honestly enjoyed playing RE7 less than I’d hoped.
Haven’t played the first Horizon, but the sequel has me wanting to.
All the others I could leave.

Didn't care at all. Resident Evil looked like it's from first person perspective which I can't play and the only game that got me interested was Demon's Souls and I can get that later for cheap.

So basically I'll wait for Breath of the Wild 2 and keep playing MK11 on PS4 and all the good Switch games I can get until the console is cheaper.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
So excited for Demon's Souls. Just finished another run with a friend, and it's still amazing. Also, I noticed that they had a snowy area which leads me to believe they're finally going to show us the Giant's Archstone since that area was originally going to be a snowy mountain. It's just so beautiful.

C-Sword

Noob
PS5 only has 1 USB port and 1 USB-C port, good luck running tourneys. You'll either need adapters or be forced to play wirelessly

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Little Devil Inside was surprising and I love basically everything about it

also Horizon is gonna own and that's all there is to it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I've never owned a GT game, but GT7 looks (and sounds) sick.
after getting a vr helmet.. there is no way I would play a car or space ship or any kind of games like this without a vr headset. I think there will be a ps5 headset... I hope.