What's new

(PS Allstars) Is this game going to last?

Will PS All Stars last?

• yes

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • no

Votes: 19 65.5%

• Total voters

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Played it. If anyone thinks it's a serious fighting game I couldn't disagree more, it's broken as hell and really not very thought out.

It's pretty fun of course, but it's a party game, nothing more.

zaf

professor
If anyone ever DARES to compare this game to the smash brothers franchise, I will debate the shit out of you and prove to you how there is NOTHING like smash brothers out there. umvc3 is closer to smash brothers then this abomination of a game.

If anyone ever DARES to compare this game to the smash brothers franchise, I will debate the shit out of you and prove to you how there is NOTHING like smash brothers out there. umvc3 is closer to smash brothers then this abomination of a game.
eh, i'd say ps all stars and smash bros are both platform fighting party games, but that's all there is for similarities. mvc being more similar is kindof a stretch though, dont you think?

PND_Ketchup

At least smash bros has somewhat of a life bar system.

The idea of "I get one hit kills when i use my super" is really lame. Surely that means whoever builds meter the best wins?

zaf

professor
eh, i'd say ps all stars and smash bros are both platform fighting party games, but that's all there is for similarities. mvc being more similar is kindof a stretch though, dont you think?
Not at all dude. Smash is not a party fighting game. You can make it one with items, but in the highest level of game play there are no items and nothing random about the game. Smash is deeper then MK9 will ever be and i fucking love the shit out of mk9, its my favorite game.

Smash is one of the deepest fighters that is still being played and explored after being out for more then 10 years.
I played smash for well over 5 years competitively now, I know how the game works. The only reason people say that all stars and smash are similar is because of the platformer aspect, but that is the only similarity. How the games actually work and function is no where near close to the same.

umvc3 and smash are similar because of the techs in the game, because of the mind games and because of how somethings work and function.

zaf

professor
At least smash bros has somewhat of a life bar system.

The idea of "I get one hit kills when i use my super" is really lame. Surely that means whoever builds meter the best wins?
The smash life bar system is far from being an actual life bar system.
The way it works in smash is, you receive more knockback from moves, you are in hitstun longer and you are more vulnerable to die from hits. However I have seen matches where players have been up to 200% in smash. The fact that the actual percentage is dynamic makes it no where near close to how static life bars work out.

Hell in smash, you can be killed legitimately off the stage and lose one of your lives at even 10% ( close to one hit)

PND_Ketchup

The smash life bar system is far from being an actual life bar system.
The way it works in smash is, you receive more knockback from moves, you are in hitstun longer and you are more vulnerable to die from hits. However I have seen matches where players have been up to 200% in smash. The fact that the actual percentage is dynamic makes it no where near close to how static life bars work out.

Hell in smash, you can be killed legitimately off the stage and lose one of your lives at even 10% ( close to one hit)
That's what I meant, you can always be eliminated at any given time, but in sony smash bros, you can only die from supers, I just find that mega lame.

i wouldn't say smash bros is deeper than MK9 though...

zaf

professor
That's what I meant, you can always be eliminated at any given time, but in sony smash bros, you can only die from supers, I just find that mega lame.

Yes it is deeper. The limit in this game is literally your imagination.

umvc3 mind games.
it all moves too fast for me to get how there are mind games in that game. 1 frame poke into 100% combo? mindgames

ultimately though i will defend that samsh is a party game. just because people may play it with a competitive mindset douesnt make it not a party game. you could be the best mario party or twister player in the world, but those are still party games too. ultimately people will probably break down battle royale the same way they have done with smash, but that wont change its status as a party game either. for the record i really enjoy both (save for brawl, that game was shit).

why is it better that you can die at 0% damage than having to work to be able to kill your opponents?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Coming back to the topic.....

Yes, because Sony will keep it in life support.

No, because o'rly?

zaf

professor
it all moves too fast for me to get how there are mind games in that game. 1 frame poke into 100% combo? mindgames

ultimately though i will defend that samsh is a party game. just because people may play it with a competitive mindset douesnt make it not a party game. you could be the best mario party or twister player in the world, but those are still party games too. ultimately people will probably break down battle royale the same way they have done with smash, but that wont change its status as a party game either. for the record i really enjoy both (save for brawl, that game was shit).

why is it better that you can die at 0% damage than having to work to be able to kill your opponents?
smash is not a party game. if you fail to see the mind games in marvel then you will also fail to see the mind games in smash.
that is most likely why you think it is a party game. Some of the top smash players would probably be top competitors in other fight games too.
there are people who understand how a fighter works and how to exploit/ abuse the game.

For your last part on why its better you can die at 0%. In any fighter, the meta game of any character is finding the best way to beat other characters in match ups. In smash some characters can create situations where they can "Gimp" you.
To gimp in smash means, to take one of your opponents lives ( known as "stocks" in smash) at a really early %.
You die in smash when you fall all the way to the bottom ( like in super mario, falling in a pit), when you are hit all the way up the screen from moves with vertical knockback, or from being hit left or right off the screen from a move with horizontal knockback. The higher your percentage the further you fly away from the knockback of moves. So you can see its bad to have a high % count.

So with this in mind, there is a character called Marth. Marth has amazing Grabs. If you are near the edge and he grabs you he can shoot you off stage. The knockback from this allows him to hit you twice, ending in a move that can send you downwards and you stay in hitstun. This is called a spike. he can get extremely easy kills like this, and if you keep letting him do this to you, it's your own fault. If you can not find a way to get passed this, why should you be allowed to have a longer lasting fight? Learn to adapt and find ways to extend a fight against a good strategy. Its not like marth even dominates anymore. People are beating this character. You can always air tech a spike and jump, its not an end all strategy with no answer. But after jumping out, if your direction of jump is read, or you use one of your special moves to get back on stage and that is read, marth can grab you again and put you back in this vortex. so you need to adapt and play a real fighting game thinking mans game in smash. Same shit in marvel, get grabbed once or hit once, and you can die and you need to adapt.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Because the hardcore fighting game player is a minority just like any hardcore person within any activity. Most people are just gonna have fun playing as a sony character and thats enough to reel them in. Plus im sure the game will have alot of support.

Also who fucking cares about the no life bar system? Is it that hard to get supers for yourselves? LOL. Plus people keep complaining shits broken when its not..learn to adapt

Because the hardcore fighting game player is a minority just like any hardcore person within any activity. Most people are just gonna have fun playing as a sony character and thats enough to reel them in. Plus im sure the game will have alot of support.

Also who fucking cares about the no life bar system? Is it that hard to get supers for yourselves? LOL. Plus people keep complaining shits broken when its not..learn to adapt
ah, i see, i should have clarified. what i meant to ask was will it have a tournament life? the short article posted was meant to clarify that

ryublaze

Noob
My friend rented it and I played it. Tbh I didn't have much fun and was still confused with the gameplay even after the tutorial. Also some characters' supers are stupid lame compared to others.

Justice

Noob
I dunno about a tournament life. A buddy of mine was watching his usual weekly stream and said when they had All Stars on it, the viewer numbers were like 200-300 when they usually have 3000-5000 at that time.

For me personally, I love the game. It's crazy and fun. I wouldn't support it at tournament though because the kombos are pretty difficult especially when you throw in 3 opponents and changing stages. There's just too much going on for me to keep track of. Which I'm guessing is the reason for no health bars.

I dunno about a tournament life. A buddy of mine was watching his usual weekly stream and said when they had All Stars on it, the viewer numbers were like 200-300 when they usually have 3000-5000 at that time.

For me personally, I love the game. It's crazy and fun. I wouldn't support it at tournament though because the kombos are pretty difficult especially when you throw in 3 opponents and changing stages. There's just too much going on for me to keep track of. Which I'm guessing is the reason for no health bars.
wow that's a big drop.

PND_Ketchup

Because it's so easy to build super in sony allstars you don't work to kill opponents at all.