What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah Proposed D'Vorah Buffs

Does NRS need to give more attention to weaker variations?

• Yes, all variations of a character should be tournament viable.

• No, just use the strongest one.

Results are only viewable after voting.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I'm ok with overall balance for all variations.

What I don't want to see, is NRS placing emphasis on some of these variations like Hat Trick, when other characters are simply just ass throughout all variations.

Priority should be a thing. Hopefully it is.
What if they made Hat Trick and Buzz Saw more viable by nerfing Tempest? And making Brood Mother and Venemous more viable by nerfing Swarm Queen to their level?

Because let's be honest, at the end of the day variations like Venemous and Buzz Saw are still fucktons better than the low tier characters, and on par and arguably better than many of the mid tier ones.

We do NOT need to buff Kung Lao and DVorahs variations up to where both these characters best variations sit. These characters are better than 90% of the cast and should be toned down, the other way around just throws out the balance even further.

However, while I do not let bias cloud my view here, I don't think the OP of this thread was doing the same. Balance means buffing the weakest and nerfing the strongest, somehow I don't think it's balance he's chasing, just more buffs for an already very good character (and that's me talking about the side variations), simply because it's beneficial for him to do so.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I was gonna come in here all mad and be like "why not a buff Cassie thread while your at it?" But then I saw it was for lesser variations. You may proceed with your discussion.
You're late to the party. There's actually been a thread to buff Cassie.
I disagree on ovipositor buffs. It's like asking for the same thing, only for Quan's teleport.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
ITT people act like mentioning changes you'd like to see for two weaker variations means other weak characters won't get some TLC
All depends who's mentioning changes they'd like to see, for the other characters in need of that TLC.

I hope what I just said is not actually true, will love to be wrong. So far... That's how it's went.

haketh

Noob
All depends who's mentioning changes they'd like to see, for the other characters in need of that TLC.

I hope what I just said is not actually true, will love to be wrong. So far... That's how it's went.
Just the constant fucking "YOU'RE PUSHING AN AGENDA" & conspiracy theories that goes down on this site is fucking draining

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What if they made Hat Trick and Buzz Saw more viable by nerfing Tempest? And making Brood Mother and Venemous more viable by nerfing Swarm Queen to their level?

Because let's be honest, at the end of the day variations like Venemous and Buzz Saw are still fucktons better than the low tier characters, and on par and arguably better than many of the mid tier ones.

We do NOT need to buff Kung Lao and DVorahs variations up to where both these characters best variations sit. These characters are better than 90% of the cast and should be toned down, the other way around just throws out the balance even further.

However, while I do not let bias cloud my view here, I don't think the OP of this thread was doing the same. Balance means buffing the weakest and nerfing the strongest, somehow I don't think it's balance he's chasing, just more buffs for an already very good character (and that's me talking about the side variations), simply because it's beneficial for him to do so.
Completely agree.

Top tier should be toned down to bring the game more in balance rather than buffing already strong characters even further.

Or at the very least... buff the lower tier.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Just the constant fucking "YOU'RE PUSHING AN AGENDA" & conspiracy theories that goes down on this site is fucking draining
Never implied anyone is pushing an agenda, but I hear what you're saying Haketh. All I see here in this thread is someone more familiar with their character than anyone else, and suggesting some reasonable buffs for her weaker variations. I'm all good with that. Don't expect Bee to be making Goro suggestions.

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
Never implied anyone is pushing an agenda, but I hear what you're saying Haketh. All I see here in this thread is someone more familiar with there character than anyone else, and suggesting some reasonable buffs for her weaker variations. I'm all good with that. Don't expect Bee to be making Goro suggestions.
I mean why should he have to at all? Him making this thread isn't stopping people from making that thread or whatever?

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
My question is, who the hell voted "Only the strongest variation should be viable"? I mean, there's always going to be one variation that shines over the others for specific MUs or playstyles, but come on, what's the point of having variations if only 1 of them works? It's just absurd.

The rest looks fine to me, I would also add slightly more chip damage to venomious' ovopositor charge hits but that might be going too far.

EDIT: Dafuq, I just saw the Godlike wakeup video... even Goro? Really?:DOGE

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
My question is, who the hell voted "Only the strongest variation should be viable"? I mean, there's always going to be one variation that shines over the others for specific MUs or playstyles, but come on, what's the point of having variations if only 1 of them works? It's just absurd.

The rest looks fine to me, I would also add slightly more chip damage to venomious' ovopositor charge hits but that might be going too far.

Goro's great at stuffing wakeups that don't have a low hitbox with 3 d3

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure

The issue is, the poll doesn't necessarily reflect the opinions being expressed here, it's just a way of disguising what he's actually asking. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that all variations should be viable, however that does NOT mean I agree with the proposed changes. The best way to make all 3 variations equally viable is by toning down Swarm Queen, rather than turning up the other two to her level.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
As much as I respect Bee and his skill, I have to say that even if these are all solid ideas, we still have characters who need more attention. Vora is incredible.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
As much as I respect Bee and his skill, I have to say that even if these are all solid ideas, we still have characters who need more attention. Vora is incredible.
Pretty much this. I'm not against improving her [and all characters] weaker variations. But, would wait till characters who don't even have one variation on the level of SQD to be adjusted.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Lol. I stated before that other characters need attention too. If I were given the choice between buffing characters like Goro, Jacqui, Takeda, etc etc or buffing D'Vorah's other variations, I would 100% say that the lower tier characters need to be looked at first. These are just my ideas of what a FULL patch that addresses EVERYTHING should include.

Holy shit. People need to chill.