What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah Proposed D'Vorah Buffs

Does NRS need to give more attention to weaker variations?

• Yes, all variations of a character should be tournament viable.

• No, just use the strongest one.

Results are only viewable after voting.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Lol. I stated before that other characters need attention too. If I were given the choice between buffing characters like Goro, Jacqui, Takeda, etc etc or buffing D'Vorah's other variations, I would 100% say that the lower tier characters need to be looked at first. These are just my ideas of what a FULL patch that addresses EVERYTHING should include.

Holy shit. People need to chill.
Well as it stands, what you are asking for is for 3 of the top 5 characters in the game to be DVorah variations. It's not just about "who needs buffs more", everyone deserves to be fixed and we can discuss them all individually, but there is absolutely no reason to believe the balance of the cast will EVER be sitting around the power level of Swarm Queen DVorah.

haketh

Noob
Well as it stands, what you are asking for is for 3 of the top 5 characters in the game to be DVorah variations. It's not just about "who needs buffs more", everyone deserves to be fixed and we can discuss them all individually, but there is absolutely no reason to believe the balance of the cast will EVER be sitting around the power level of Swarm Queen DVorah.
Jesus he never said any of that what is wrong with you people

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Dude stop quoting me and talking about me. You're annoying as fuck.

I GOT HANDS

Dude stop quoting me and talking about me. You're annoying as fuck.
And you are a child, in a young mans body. Learn to stick to the discussion instead of raging at someone who has a disagreeing perspective to your own. You already look bad enough for making this thread to begin with, at least defend the counter-points to what you've posted with some dignity instead of having a bitch fit lol

@I GOT HANDS

I'll say it until my panties get untwisted.

...Krawler needs less cooldown.
I thought I already said this, maybe I didn't get to post it. This is actually one I agree with. She lives by the tool, she should be able to use it more often.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Lol. I stated before that other characters need attention too. If I were given the choice between buffing characters like Goro, Jacqui, Takeda, etc etc or buffing D'Vorah's other variations, I would 100% say that the lower tier characters need to be looked at first. These are just my ideas of what a FULL patch that addresses EVERYTHING should include.

Holy shit. People need to chill.
I'm as chill as it gets, and note that I'm not discrediting you. It's just my point of view is all.

Schuyler

Noob
In my opinion every variation shouldn't be tournament viable that's just too hard to do in my opinion. First off its hard enough to make every CHARACTER viable even with there best variation. Theirs like 29 characters in mkx each with 3 variations. 27 times 3 is 81. Your telling me all 81 variations have to be good enough for the highest level the game can be played ? I think there should be a gimmick/goofy cariation and the other 2 fit diffrent purposes. Lets at least get characters whos best variation is ass in order before we start working on top 5 d'vorahs variations. With her its 2/3 thats better than a lot of characters.

haketh

Noob
In my opinion every variation shouldn't be tournament viable that's just too hard to do in my opinion. First off its hard enough to make every CHARACTER viable even with there best variation. Theirs like 29 characters in mkx each with 3 variations. 27 times 3 is 81. Your telling me all 81 variations have to be good enough for the highest level the game can be played ? I think there should be a gimmick/goofy cariation and the other 2 fit diffrent purposes. Lets at least get characters whos best variation is ass in order before we start working on top 5 d'vorahs variations. With her its 2/3 thats better than a lot of characters.
Holy fuck talking about fixing lacking variations on good characters does not mean all of a sudden talk & work on lower tier characters stops

I GOT HANDS

Holy fuck talking about fixing lacking variations on good characters does not mean all of a sudden talk & work on lower tier characters stops
I actually agree with this. We should be able to look at each variation individually, just because there is other characters more in need of a single playable variation doesn't mean we have to just ignore everything else.

However, the real question is - do Venemous and Brood Mother need serious buffs, JUST because they aren't on the level of SQ? Why aren't we comparing them to where they sit in the entirety of the cast? They may be much weaker than SQ, but on their own they are still much stronger than most middle tier characters. They really don't need significant buffs at all, just a couple of tweaks to let them at their play style a bit better. Reduced cool down on the Krawler, and letting Venom kill is enough IMO.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
This has been the case with a lot of fighting games that use grooves, super arts and etc. Usually one tends to be a lot more useful than the others but exceptions can be made in some cases like specific match ups.

MKX cast needs it.
It's already very unsafe it doesn't need to be meterlessly blown up, as well, by the entire cast. It's part of what makes the other variations so difficult to succeed with. Her only wake up options are block or don't get knocked down. Idk why people are so worked up about this. Buffing the other variations just means there will be more variety. Which also means there will be less SQ, and there's isn't even that many SQ's to begin with. In a game with so many ridiculous 10 min characters D'Vorah isn't a huge deal.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It's already very unsafe it doesn't need to be meterlessly blown up, as well, by the entire cast. It's part of what makes the other variations so difficult to succeed with. Her only wake up options are block or don't get knocked down. Idk why people are so worked up about this. Buffing the other variations just means there will be more variety. Which also means there will be less SQ, and there's isn't even that many SQ's to begin with. In a game with so many ridiculous 10 min characters D'Vorah isn't a huge deal.
I think SQ Devorah is good enough to have a safe wake-up. The other two variations should be bettered.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
If Ex Ovi is to launch, give it to Brood Mother, it needs all the help it can get and Ven can win without it.

I do however back the "no mashing while blocking" part 100%

7 hours to go. You think its a new armored launcher, meterless puddle launcher or better bug cancels? What do you think? It was pretty vague: "The hive will be pleased with Brood Mother's new combo possibilities! #patchnotespreview"

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
So, Brood mother EX-Bug should combo extend now? This could be VERY interesting.

Last edited: