What's new

Proof why Kung Lao IS Mortal Kombat

Every good Mortal Kombat game has had Kung Lao in it as a playable character. MK2 is considered to be the best MK of all time (dont see why) and Kung Lao was in it. UMK3 is the MK everyone plays now and Kung Lao was in it also. MKDA was considered to be the best fighting MK of the PS2 Xbox generation and guess whos in it? Kung Lao. Shaolin Monks seems to be everyones favorite 3D MK and KUNG LAO is on the cover. He also is one of the most popular characters and has whats widely considered the BEST fatality of all time the Hat Slicer, where he takes the hat and slices you clean into 2 halves. He has the best costumes, the best moves, and the best victory poses. KUNG LAO FOREVER BIZNATCHES!!!

ilovepoop said:
PauLWaFFleZ said:
MK2 is considered to be the best MK of all time (dont see why)
Could you explain this?
Well, I think UMK3 is the best one of all time. Thats where the true MK legacy ended. It had better fatalities, more characters, better special moves, and a combo system. Even the stages and music was better. Is MK2 better becuase its a less "broken" game?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
UMK3 is the most successful in the long term, and currently the most popular. MKII's arcade scene may not have even been as big as MK4's for all most of you youngin's know. :wink:

As far as a single character representing MK, I think it sadly goes to Liu Kang, but the fan base for Scorpion and Sub overshadow that.

I consider MK2 the best because of the atmosphere, the nice graphics which seemed to be more art than digitized people, the PWNsome music, and the best fatality of all time, the Kung Lao hat slice :D

MK1 was a classic, while MK2 built on that. UMK3 is the best one, because who knows, there will still be lots of people playing it. I mean, it's been 12 years since UMK3 was released. That's not really old for an arcade game.

Paul man..... wanna know who else was in all of those games you mentioned? Liu Kang, so who's to say that Liu is the one that is, in fact, Mortal Kombat?

T

TempesT

Scorpion was horrible in MKSM, as well as MK2.... *braces for impact*

You ARE right about Scorpion in MKSM, he definitely sucks in that.
but as for that MK2 comment, he is somewhere in #9 spot in the MK2 tier list, so I would say he's not the worst character, but he does have ONE useless move in that game.
EDIT: he does pose as a threat to God Tier Mileena, so that's another good thing about him too.

I didn't attack you that hard, so you can open your eyes now :wink: .

Yea but the General public doesn't care about that. They think "Scorpion, that dude with the spear from Mortal Kombat, oh yea he's badass"

And thats it. Not tier spots, nothing.

T

TempesT

abc ur dead0 said:
Yea but the General public doesn't care about that. They think "Scorpion, that dude with the spear from Mortal Kombat, oh yea he's badass"

And thats it. Not tier spots, nothing.
And since when does the General public count whence coming up with what Mortal Kombat is?