Zgf

Noob
Bro just make MK11 three rounds and let things be broken

We got Kano with unbreakable D2/FB combos
We got Noob Saibot doing 40% with two bars
We got Frost with TOD restands
We got Shao Kahn
We got Kotal doing 55% one bar combos

This game is about to be wild. Let it rock.
Awful idea.

Characters will be more powerful than other characters, that's normal and there's no issue with that. But people aren't trying to fight Captain 'Frost' Cold, 1500+ hp Dark Souls boss characters like Kotal who had an easy mid cmd grab input or Teleport-fleeing Cetrion with her dumbass tornadoes and other zoning tools. Broken shit like that isn't fun to deal with.

Some of this needs to be adjusted and looked at because I gurantee if NRS went with your idea of just letting things be, they'd get more shit for it than they did before with customs being locked to casual.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I feel like this thread is pointless since they already said everything is getting heavily updated and changed, but oh well, here we go.

As a Noob (Dark Sabbath) player, I feel like his anti-air special is heavily overlooked. It allows him to get 30-40% off his f221 string, which is one of his most important strings in many matchups. Normally, the best you can get off f221 is around 18% with bf2. Or, if you manage to time it correctly, f2 can cancel into TP for a full kombo, but it can't be confirmed and it's very easy to mess up. Unless I'm mistaken, f221 has no gaps and is utterly safe and staggerable. So, my loadout would be Anti-Air Sickle, Spirit Ball (or whatever the good projectile is called), and Teleport Kombos.

Poor RoboCop's kustom moves are about as effective as anything else he's got... Right now I'm rockin Low Shot, Command Grab, and Flamethrower, though I'm excited to see how they update his moves.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Kotal with launcher, command grab and dmg totem.
Came here to say this.

Ironically, he also gains the default sun beam which is WAY better than the variation sunbeam anyway.

I feel like this thread is pointless since they already said everything is getting heavily updated and changed, but oh well, here we go.

As a Noob (Dark Sabbath) player, I feel like his anti-air special is heavily overlooked. It allows him to get 30-40% off his f221 string, which is one of his most important strings in many matchups. Normall, the best you can get off f221 is around 18% with bf2. Or, if you manage to time it correctly, f2 can cancel into TP for a full kombo, but it can't be confirmed and it's very easy to mess up. Unless I'm mistaken, f221 has no gaps and is utterly safe and staggerable. So, my loadout would be Anti-Air Sickle, Spirit Ball (or whatever the good projectile is called), and Teleport Kombos.

Poor RoboCop's kustom moves are about as effective as anything else he's got... Right now I'm rockin Low Shot, Command Grab, and Flamethrower, though I'm excited to see how they update his moves.
Do you not think the mid hitting screen shot is worth the slot?

---

I'm a big fan of Jacqui with feints, grapple, and knee. That knee KB is a real round stealer and is all but guaranteed.

Also Jax with quad slam, pummel overhead, and ripped(special overhead that MBs into a launcher) is just... haha

Last edited:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
It can definitely be punished.
K&M were streaming yesterday and took a look at it. Shang is in disadvantage for almost a full second after cast. Anyone with a halfway decent advancing move or ranged special can punish it, unless you're at absolute full screen.

Kotal is going to wreck, I'm so excited. Kabal is now an air-dasher, I might actually have to play him. It's gonna be wild in the near future.

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Bro just make MK11 three rounds and let things be broken

We got Kano with unbreakable D2/FB combos
We got Noob Saibot doing 40% with two bars
We got Frost with TOD restands
We got Shao Kahn
We got Kotal doing 55% one bar combos

This game is about to be wild. Let it rock.
Man, what did Kano do to you? Everyone in the game can do D2 into FB combos

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Man, what did Kano do to you? Everyone in the game can do D2 into FB combos
I'm thinking it's sick. He could already do it but he has routes to drop bars and make it well over 50%. I wasn't being facetious

Kano's sick in this game. He's my favorite MK character and was my main in MKX. The only reason I don't play him is because I don't mesh super well with him, but customs got me looking at him.

Awful idea.

Characters will be more powerful than other characters, that's normal and there's no issue with that. But people aren't trying to fight Captain 'Frost' Cold, 1500+ hp Dark Souls boss characters like Kotal who had an easy mid cmd grab input or Teleport-fleeing Cetrion with her dumbass tornadoes and other zoning tools. Broken shit like that isn't fun to deal with.

Some of this needs to be adjusted and looked at because I gurantee if NRS went with your idea of just letting things be, they'd get more shit for it than they did before with customs being locked to casual.
You're not wrong at and yeah there are some specific things that should be looked at, but I'm worried they're gonna overtune it like the rest of the game. I'd rather they err on the side of insanity tbh

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
This is actually low-key godlike if the rounds do end up going too fast. Both players could end up Fatal Blow-less for the final round or something.
You'd have to properly pick and choose when to use KBs too. I like KBs but a lot of people hate the whole "oh what's that? You did literally anything? Sorry fucker, I'll take that 30%" meta so you'd ultimately have to win the neutral and open your opponent up legitimately more to win

Most of these big, fat combos take two bars and a KB

I mean Terminator, Kotal, Sheeva, and Jax have their special command grabs linked to perfectly fine variations so I don't think the universal claim is entirely true
Yeah I wonder why Sonicfox said command grabs are going to be the new meta. Or more specifically:
Command grabs
Special launcher
Mid projectile

Like you said there are characters that already have strong variations with cmd grab - must be one of the system changes that's making him say that. I guess oki being a thing now is the reason command grabs will be stronger, but the mid projectile? No idea.

Edit: oh it's probably for the same reason. You can check wakeups with a mid projectile because opp can't avoid it by ducking or jumping, and that'll be a whole mindgame once ur opponent starts to respect it. Kano top tier now?

Last edited:

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
i think NRS should Put all moves 1 slot instead of 2 and remove that conflict crap , still No baraka with leg kabob + Gut :mad:.... lets have Fun , its all we need.... FUN !!!!!

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I honestly don't think any character will be Godlike or Broke but there will be characters that greatly benefit from this change and hopefully some who where lacking climbing the ranks. I see a few joining that S tier

There will be claims of brokenness on day one and for months to come but after a few tourneys things will settle down and people will realize it's not as broken as they thought.
They very well could put restrictions on several moves or adjust specials or not allow certain moves with other powerful moves

But I'll be happy to see sonic and NinjaKilla prove me wrong and expose the two characters with broken stuff that will inevitably get the nerf hammer

Real issue is how will people name these variations? Like would a build with Johnny Cages "Throwing Shades" be called a "Shades" or a "Showstopper" variant?

I wonder if anything will happen to those moves that are just shittier versions of base kit moves... Ex: Sub’s cold shoulder, kotal’s god ray, kung lao’s v3 spin, etc

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yall really scared of Noob having 2 projectiles when fucking Cetrion exists? Tornado is a meterless restanding projectile with more pushback than mb slide that you cant jump over on top of rock pushback and her dumb af buttons, air projectiles, safe advancing mids, low profiling, unbreakable combos, built in mix ups and teleport away any time you corner her? You can never take your turn on this character without making a read. Cetrion is absolutely broken

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Do you not think the mid hitting screen shot is worth the slot?
Sorry, just saw this. Not in its current form, no. I'm not on the game at the moment to look at specific data, but it doesn't really provide him with any new utility, the damage is lackluster, it doesn't go full screen, and I think it's minus on-hit up close, but I could be mistaken about that. It does have a nice hitbox, other than not going full screen, it just doesn't bring enough else to the table.