What's new

Predicting the most broken Kustom variations in MK11 Ultimate

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Do you not think the mid hitting screen shot is worth the slot?
Nah, it’s honestly not that good. I prefer the regular anti-air shot (as a combo extender and zn anti-air) and it honestly doesn’t provide much more utility than low shot does.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
As a Noob (Dark Sabbath) player, I feel like his anti-air special is heavily overlooked. It allows him to get 30-40% off his f221 string, which is one of his most important strings in many matchups. Normally, the best you can get off f221 is around 18% with bf2. Or, if you manage to time it correctly, f2 can cancel into TP for a full kombo, but it can't be confirmed and it's very easy to mess up. Unless I'm mistaken, f221 has no gaps and is utterly safe and staggerable. So, my loadout would be Anti-Air Sickle, Spirit Ball (or whatever the good projectile is called), and Teleport Kombos.
this^. Sickle snag gets him 30+ % off of anti airs, air to airs, f221, 212 (whatever that string launcher is), and ending with sickle snag itself gets you great oki. I'd say its a must have, but Noob has a couple of really good options for customs.

Sickle snag/tele combo, spirit ball, low slide for better screen control.

Or if you want more combos, Sickle snag, tele combo, slide/spirit ball.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Do you not think the mid hitting screen shot is worth the slot?
Depends on what else you have equipped. If you're already using low auto-9, no probably not; it's the better mid projectile and it's not worth giving up the anti-air pistol to get a second one. But low auto-9 doesn't give you strong reset pressure, so you're also kind of locked in to equipping flamethrower too if you want to have that.

But in variations that use straight auto-9 for reset pressure, I think the trick shot has some very good utility. Gives him a meterless mid projectile, has very quick travel time, and covers more vertical screen space at mid-range than low auto-9. I wish you didn't have to give up the AA shot to get it, but everything with Robo involves major trade-offs, unfortunately. :(

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
everything with Robo involves major trade-offs, unfortunately.
I feel like Raiden is in a similar boat. His good moves are already in his current variations, so any custom build is going to mean trading out one useful tool for another.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
If D'vorah gets some buffs, like the requested since day 1 by pretty much everybody 12~tele, she could end up good, but probably not super busted. But OH LORD people will complain. We can already do that against a few big bodies, so I can test what I can do to the whole cast, and it would allow me to do this.

Now, I'm working in a whole bunch of wizardry to make this damage so high because that particular stage interactable hits really hard on the throw for no reason, and I used it instead of a regular throw to start the combo, but even then that combo would do like 480. And without Fatal blow I can do 297, put down another bug, or do an unbreakable restand that's plus billions.

This variation is so cool, and so good, but I think it's pretty clearly outclassed by some of the other characters.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Opinions on broken variations:

Jacqui: Upgraded + greandes/clinch/cancels or clinch + cancels + rocket/hyper knee

Cassie: kneecappin' + glowkick+ Advance/Bitchin' Bubble or BLB-Burst + kneecappin'/Bullet ricochet

Johnny: Shades + rising star + pissed off or camera + rising star

Kotal: Launcher+command grab+damage totem

Sindel: Hairkut + low scream

Kitanna: Up fans + highborn stance or Upfans + groundwave + float/reflect or low fans + groundwave + edenian twist

Cetrion: ground pound + teleport + twister

Noob: Sickle snag + ex tele + safe low or sickle snag + fast ball + slide

Opinions on broken variations:

Jacqui: Upgraded + greandes/clinch/cancels or clinch + cancels + rocket/hyper knee

Cassie: kneecappin' + glowkick+ Advance/Bitchin' Bubble or BLB-Burst + kneecappin'/Bullet ricochet

Johnny: Shades + rising star + pissed off or camera + rising star

Kotal: Launcher+command grab+damage totem

Sindel: Hairkut + low scream

Kitanna: Up fans + highborn stance or Upfans + groundwave + float/reflect or low fans + groundwave + edenian twist

Cetrion: ground pound + teleport + twister

Noob: Sickle snag + ex tele + safe low or sickle snag + fast ball + slide
Cassie's bullet ricochet is very bad imo
Kitana's mix variation is hilarious to play, not necessary the strongest but if you can't footsie with someone you can just pick the blender, and you can cheese some unexpected victories, especially when edenian twist has a KB with punishing low moves, and d4 - Twist is a good way to trigger it.
Jacqui Upgraded with cancels is the real cancer

idk about broken but Buzzed D'vorah 2.0 with ticking time bugs swapped out for deadly swarm feels so cheap when your offense is rolling, I absolutely love it

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
For Baraka, I think Blood Lunge + Leg Kabob is really dirty and strong. Used to be insane before v3 got added and Kabob got nerfed into being actually somewhat fair, lol.
Curious as to why you feel this is particularly strong? I get that they have to guess between command grab and leg kebob, but won't they have to do that between blood lunge and chop chop blades anyway? I've been taking Blood Lunge and extended pokes but I don't feel too particularly strongly with any option. I see blade charge as considerable too but it'd suck to guess wrong. Full combo punishable.

Nah, it’s honestly not that good. I prefer the regular anti-air shot (as a combo extender and zn anti-air) and it honestly doesn’t provide much more utility than low shot does.
I didn't realize you still played brother, would love to see you playing MK11 if you have any footage. You got me started on Jacqui in MKX.

Curious as to why you feel this is particularly strong? I get that they have to guess between command grab and leg kebob, but won't they have to do that between blood lunge and chop chop blades anyway? I've been taking Blood Lunge and extended pokes but I don't feel too particularly strongly with any option. I see blade charge as considerable too but it'd suck to guess wrong. Full combo punishable.
Regular Leg Kabob restands for +5 and places them in range for B2/Lunge/B4 mix. Mixing with Leg Kabob would be more like 122 or b312 whether you finish the string or Kabob, though if you restand in the corner you'd be close enough to threaten with it. The beauty of the restand being that they can't use wakeups to escape and must guess on the overhead/grab/sweep.
Before the nerf the restand was I think +15 so it basically just forced them to take the mix whereas now it's definitely not as strong but I think it's still good.

I just think Leg Kabob is an incredibly good move between it having a solid low option, safety, restand, side switch, and a KB. It might even be his best overall move since it can go with pretty much whatever you want, but I like the grab game.
Paired with Gutted would be pretty absurd, too.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Regular Leg Kabob restands for +5 and places them in range for B2/Lunge/B4 mix. Mixing with Leg Kabob would be more like 122 or b312 whether you finish the string or Kabob, though if you restand in the corner you'd be close enough to threaten with it. The beauty of the restand being that they can't use wakeups to escape and must guess on the overhead/grab/sweep.
Before the nerf the restand was I think +15 so it basically just forced them to take the mix whereas now it's definitely not as strong but I think it's still good.

I just think Leg Kabob is an incredibly good move between it having a solid low option, safety, restand, side switch, and a KB. It might even be his best overall move since it can go with pretty much whatever you want, but I like the grab game.
Paired with Gutted would be pretty absurd, too.
I can respect all of that. I like knockdown mixups for blood lunge for the KB but it's hitbox is inconsistent.