What's new

Strategy - Sub-Zero Predator V Sub Zero - MKX's First Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryublaze

Noob
I think this might be the best front page since that time it was front paged that CD Jr tweeted he might be switching mains, maybe.

-__-
lol that's when i pretty much stopped caring about what gets front paged on this site. When we complain it's always "frontpagings not that serious gaiz" or "who cares." But there's so much actual good information that goes unnoticed because they didn't get frontpaged since they weren't posted by a top player or someone who's well known. Instead, we get a thread spreading misinformation and complaining about Sub-Zero (no offense to UsedForGlue).

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
He also has a lot more weaknesses than pre-patch Tanya.
...and these are offset by the sheer amount of powerful tools he has and the amount of damage he does.

I like The Predator's design, but they need to tone back some things - or buff everyone else.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If they just made ice clone universal this kinda thing wouldn't happen.

Unless the opponent was breathing, I mean. :DOGE But also sorta not doge

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
...and these are offset by the sheer amount of powerful tools he has and the amount of damage he does.

I like The Predator's design, but they need to tone back some things - or buff everyone else.

Or we're only a few weeks in and no one knows the match up, yet.

You're acting like he 10-0s the cast when he doesn't and he certainly doesn't dominate the match with unpunished mobility like prepatch Tanya.

He's very good, but he isn't broken.

These complaints about smart disks and lasers are ridiculous. A character that changes the pace of a match beyond run up and do my 50/50, that has good zoning and people want it nerfed.

While still complaining about heavy rushdown and 50/50 characters.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I love how i state a bad flow chart i see people using and people are assuming i'm losing to this. No, i'm not. I bop brain dead predator players, tyvm.

I refer to that disc that stays a few seconds in the air as a trap, whoop di doo. Should i just call it disc next time? Also just because you can jump d4 doesn't mean he won't catch you with a lazer trying to jump out which makes it annoying for people trying to advance. Disc is used to catch certain things because i know it beats mileena's teleport clean. Trying to retailate with a run in armor attack with most like get predator doing his armored attack himself it a nice 30%??? Also don't stay crouching to long because he has low lazer which hit low which has no recovery what so ever.

As i said before, brilliant character design.
So you say there is a braindead flowchart and you can beat it? So then why complain?

Yeah you should refer to the moves properly, especially when it can easily be misunderstood.

Everything you said just means you have to stay grounded and react to Predator. That's pretty much how zoning works. If he ain't doing anything then don't jump. If he throws out disk and you're a around a dash away with no projectile, run up and d3. Can predator do disk on reaction to Mileena teleport? If he is ever doing armor attacks from neutral, block and punish. If you're crouching and he does low laser, jump or just run in. Keep doing these things and force him to play close.

Now he does have pressure and pretty tricky mixups. But it only comes in bursts at the expense of resources. Probably the only actual complaint right now is the damage he can crank out. But I'd hate to see that get nerfed, then people figure him out, and then he is trying even harder to score damage.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
So Predator is a hard counter to Sub Zero? Then learn more than one character and quit whining. Jesuzz this shit is getting old.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Or we're only a few weeks in and no one knows the match up, yet.

You're acting like he 10-0s the cast when he doesn't and he certainly doesn't dominate the match with unpunished mobility like prepatch Tanya.

He's very good, but he isn't broken.

These complaints about smart disks and lasers are ridiculous. A character that changes the pace of a match beyond run up and do my 50/50, that has good zoning and people want it nerfed.

While still complaining about heavy rushdown and 50/50 characters.
I'm not complaining about any of that. Predator being overpowered doesn't even really affect me all that much, just like Tanya being overpowered didn't. Regardless, I know it to be the truth - and I'm willing to wait for everyone to see it. It will make for a nice sidebar in the next tournament. I won't tell anyone I told them so because its not about that. Its just a heads up.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Holy hell this thread.

The Logic.

The Fall Of Kuai Liang.

The M2Dave postings.

Unviability.

CAN'T BE CHARGIN & FIRIN' MY LAZORZ HERP DERP.

Tremor.

Abysmal Tremor.

Zoning (Lack thereof) Tremor.

Kenshi buff discussion.

The Front Paging.

The words broken, nerf, buff, change, tweak.

The above is an appropriate reaction every time I go on this site lately.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
so you know already all match-ups to say so?

it's not about predator being a counter to Sub. jesuz learn to read.
You know them well enough to say that he is?

How about, instead of demanding nerfs...

We play the game? How about we hit training mode and just figure it out?

Just because it's hard, doesn't make it broken.

Games wouldn't be fun of they were easy.

DinoPizzaria

Professional Twerking Choreographer
I think having the startup faster and the recovery fast would be fine.

Being able to hold it and dash cancel it would mean he can just do it, hold it, see if it worked, and then it'd be a risk for the opponent to even try to get him out of it since he can hold it as long as he wants on top of dash cancelling. You do realize it parries everything besides jump attacks? So that's including all lows and throws. He could just see someone jump and just dash away or underneath. He could probably just get the life lead and sit in his parry for the rest of the round if he wanted to if you had it your way.

And because he could dash cancel imagine what that would mean for pressure and strings.

This would be unbearably broke.
I see what you mean but I see where the mix up happened. I don't mean I want the parry to be dash-cancel-able how D'Vorah's bug cancel is. Her cancel is more of a run cancel and is used to keep up offense. I mean dash cancel as in actually dashing to at least have a chance at avoiding being punished every time you wrongly throw out the shield. All dashes have recovery frames, especially SZ's. He wouldn't gain any block infinities since the dash cancel is actual a dash cancel instead of a run cancel. I don't even think SZ has any strings that are plus or safe enough for that to even happen. The core gameplay of the variation is to turtle and wait for your opponent to make mistakes and punish them for it. That's how the variation is supposed to be played.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
I see what you mean but I see where the mix up happened. I don't mean I want the parry to be dash-cancel-able how D'Vorah's bug cancel is. Her cancel is more of a run cancel and is used to keep up offense. I mean dash cancel as in actually dashing to at least have a chance at avoiding being punished every time you wrongly throw out the shield. All dashes have recovery frames, especially SZ's. He wouldn't gain any block infinities since the dash cancel is actual a dash cancel instead of a run cancel. I don't even think SZ has any strings that are plus or safe enough for that to even happen. The core gameplay of the variation is to turtle and wait for your opponent to make mistakes and punish them for it. That's how the variation is supposed to be played.
So you basically want a 6 frame parry that parries everything but jump ins that ALSO would be safe when you make a bad read, or in your words "avoid being punish for WRONGLY throwing out a shield?" This is why sub zero can't have nice things. Also, wrongly throwing out shields is not playing defensive and turtling, that's actually the opposite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.