What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator General Discussion Thread

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Also d4 into special is back with a vengeance in his hqt variation. D4 low shot cannot be jumped and is completely safe. It creates a mind game like few I've seen in this game. Also lets not forget his ridiculous zoning.

Also his b22 string becomes amazing in hqt since he can cancel it into low shot which you cannot armor reversal or let the b22d2 overhead rip and be plus 2, or cancel b22 into laser cancel and be plus frames.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
So after 5 days of nonstop play id have to say hqt is to me clearly the best variation.
The only thing hunter has over this variation is slightly better oki/ corner game. Since hunter has no untechable hard knockdown setup outside of the corner I believe his oki although very good to be a little overrated.

Hunters corner game is ridiculous but hqt believe or not has almost just as ridiculous corner game with 3 staggers into b3/ b3 lps/ b32 low plasma/ 32 laser cancel/ disc setups
Yeah HQT def has seemingly the most reliably good pressure. If there is a teleport or projectile I'll use HQT otherwise hunter is good because they have to advance through the trap.

One thing though, I thought there isn't a b32 string. only b311.

Are there some high level players footage of predator, i main jax from beggining and i am really interested to main predator as my second char,i play hish qu ten, but hunter seem cool too

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I heard there was a Predator exhibition at ESL. Tom Brady might enter as Predator. That's all I heard about high level Predator. Maybe if I started competing you guys could see the best.:cool:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Quick question...

So when I try to do 121 jk bf2 run 122 bf4, a lot of the time another smart disc comes out instead of the scimitar stab...any tips of this? I think I am probably just doing the inputs too fast (I have this problem with Erron Black too) but I am just curious if anyone has any tips or ideas so I can do it more consistently.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Quick question...

So when I try to do 121 jk bf2 run 122 bf4, a lot of the time another smart disc comes out instead of the scimitar stab...any tips of this? I think I am probably just doing the inputs too fast (I have this problem with Erron Black too) but I am just curious if anyone has any tips or ideas so I can do it more consistently.
Slow your directional inputs down a bit.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Thinking about picking him up again and actually learning him, Slasher is my main but I have been looking for somebody else to have down as well and I think Predator is probably who ill try to pick up next

Solo

Shadow Priest
I'm not sure how I feel about Predator yet, but whenever I hear his sound effects I feel like I won. That laugh during Self-Detonate, so evil.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
When Predator got nerfed big time I didn't really pay much attention, I was just happy that broken bastard got what was coming to him. Looking back on it, the universal nerfs to s3, d1, and all the damage scaling nerfs were definitely necessary to tone down HQT and Hunter, but they still remained very strong variations while Warrior was flung to the ass tier joke variation category, which seems really unfair now that I'm starting to get into this character. Do you think it would have been more fair if they applied the damage and normals nerfs to HQT and Hunter, while leaving Warrior alone?

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Hunter gets 60% in the corner for two bars and HQT gets 48% for a bar.. Meanwhile warrior still horrible.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Do any Hunter pred players have any advice on how to not get zoned out. Any matchup where my opponent has a decent projectile I get fucked. Disc and trap are literally useless in a zoning war

How do you guys feel about putting Hunter Predator's corner setups over HQT pressure? I find Hunter to be a lot harder to fight against, one bad guess in the corner and you are back in the same situation.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Do any Hunter pred players have any advice on how to not get zoned out. Any matchup where my opponent has a decent projectile I get fucked. Disc and trap are literally useless in a zoning war
if you have meter try and jump and use Ex trap full screen and if you catch them you get a full combo into a set up into another combo so yeah thats what i do and did with pred it actually works.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
if you have meter try and jump and use Ex trap full screen and if you catch them you get a full combo into a set up into another combo so yeah thats what i do and did with pred it actually works.
I'll give that a try. Though that timing is tricky because there's a real threat of falling onto the projectile or them crouch block reacting to it

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
I'll give that a try. Though that timing is tricky because there's a real threat of falling onto the projectile or them crouch block reacting to it
yeah it is every character has a different projectile i actually got help to learn the timing but the ex trap soon as it hits it traps them so slow moving projectiles are a pain to beat out but yeah just got to learn the timings and after awhile people will get hit zoning and stop over time

Yak

Noob
I wish hunter got an improvement or warrior got better buffs.
Hunter gets outzoned and pressured easily I feel like once, he is in though he's dominant.
vs zoning ex trap is there and maybe non ex if you time it and detonate it, but even then I don't feel it's reliable or I just need to get used to him more, Any tips, I'm trying to pick him up again?

ando1184

Noob
Has it been discussed why the Hunter variation has the "heal" special move and not warrior? It just makes more sense to me for it to be placed with warrior over Hunter. I mean i think it would be possible to patch it too since SZ got the ice shatter attack added to his unbreakable variation a few patches back.

Edit: and why does heal cost an entire bar of stamina with a character that uses a lot of stamina for his bnb's :(

Last edited: