What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator General Discussion Thread

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
I made a Predator Beginners guide, for universal and warrior. It highlights key moves and strings and is basically a kickstart guide to the character. You guys probably have no use for it but if you think its good definitely share it with someone if theyre interested in the character or are struggling.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
marker A time of last collision:
marker a predator B3D2.jpeg

marker b Back to Neutral able to block:
point b pred B3D2.jpeg

B3D2 block adv in game movelist frame data is incorrect atm.

it says its: 0 on block, i found it to be -9 on block. 20 frames from point of last collision to point of neutral. it stuns opponent for 11 frames but you can't pull off anything untill 9 frames after they are back at 0

testing others now

Last edited:
What's everyone doing for Anti-airs? Had a lot of games over the past few days and I couldn't find an answer to jump ins, more specifically, cross over jump attacks from sub/jax. Low profiling didn't work too well, I had some success with run under but it was tight. Using EX BF4 had some success

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What's everyone doing for Anti-airs? Had a lot of games over the past few days and I couldn't find an answer to jump ins, more specifically, cross over jump attacks from sub/jax. Low profiling didn't work too well, I had some success with run under but it was tight. Using EX BF4 had some success
S1 might do great against crossups. The hitbox on it seemed pretty good. His d2 seems average imo. Maybe f1 or b1? He does have an impressive njp and HQT has up laser if your quick.

I imagine f1 being decent due to 8 frames of start up. NJP was working well for a read and up plasma is really good in offline play

EDIT: f1 is pretty damn good, has a huge hitbox above his teeny hand. Haven't played around with max dmg conversion just yet but u can 212, b2 xx bf2 for an easy knockdown follow up

Last edited:

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
does anybody know what the premium tower unlocks requirements are for the predator tower this week? I've beat it multiple times and even beat ol Carl Weathers Jax but i have't unlocked the Kombat Kard stuff.

Also predator is amazing and I never though I'd say this but holy shit hes my new main

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I don't always trust in game frame data can anyone confirm if B22D2 is infact +2 on block?
Seems like I can always beat people out when I go to a D1 right after it's blocked but I can't be sure if it's my opponents lack skill to punish right or if it really is just god like.

Hey seems fairly well balanced, other than his laser on one variation which has literally no recovery. It can be used as a low, mid or anti air from almost full screen. This needs a patch giving it more recovery, similar to what they did with Tanya's teleport cause she's still very viable but not op as fuck.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I've been messing with HQT and I'm not seeing too many holes. Zoning, mixups, pressure, damage, punishment, ect. He's very hard to master, but I think when someone does, it'll be one ugly motherfucker.
He has poor defensive options when getting pressured on wake-up across all variations. His best armoured wake-up is pretty slow and rather easy to beat out/low profile, plus his mobility is on the slow side. It's not Quan Chi level bad, but definitely a pretty poor aspect of his game. I have no doubt that HQT will be extremely strong when the dust settles (provided they don't mess with his projectiles) and I don't mean to sound like I'm downplaying, but it's something to be conscious of against characters with strong oki.

Also, excellent reference.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
He has poor defensive options when getting pressured on wake-up across all variations. His best armoured wake-up is pretty slow and rather easy to beat out/low profile, plus his mobility is on the slow side. It's not Quan Chi level bad, but definitely a pretty poor aspect of his game. I have no doubt that HQT will be extremely strong when the dust settles (provided they don't mess with his projectiles) and I don't mean to sound like I'm downplaying, but it's something to be conscious of against characters with strong oki.

Also, excellent reference.
That's true his armor sucks. That's just a weakness over all variations I think though, but I might be wrong. I think with how ridiculous his footsie tools are that will make up for his mobility. Plus you can't just run away all day with discs running amok. Who know, I'm just speculating mainly for now.

I don't really know where to ask and I thought opening a whole new thread just for this would be inappropriate so I'll just try posting my problem here:
I don't have the kombat pack and I want to buy Predator but I can't, when I go over the character it says something like "buy it now" but when I try to buy it I get a message saying "content unavailable", I had the same issue yesterday but I waited to see if someone would solve the problem. I'm salty.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I don't really know where to ask and I thought opening a whole new thread just for this would be inappropriate so I'll just try posting my problem here:
I don't have the kombat pack and I want to buy Predator but I can't, when I go over the character it says something like "buy it now" but when I try to buy it I get a message saying "content unavailable", I had the same issue yesterday but I waited to see if someone would solve the problem. I'm salty.
I'm having the same problem, and according to Gamefaqs and several people on NRS' twitter, it's strictly a European problem. They haven't said anything about it.

At this point it's totally ridiculous. The store was updated yesterday morning to give us the stupid ass bundle, but not the character as a separate release. Not sure if this is true but people on gamefaqs said the NRS twitter was deleting tweets related to the issue...

I also have an American PSN account and on the store he is there and has been since yesterday, but on my European account there's nothing. Shit is unacceptable. GIVE ME PREDATOR YOU A-HOLES

I'm having the same problem, and according to Gamefaqs and several people on NRS' twitter, it's strictly a European problem. They haven't said anything about it.

At this point it's totally ridiculous. The store was updated yesterday morning to give us the stupid ass bundle, but not the character as a separate release. Not sure if this is true but people on gamefaqs said the NRS twitter was deleting tweets related to the issue...

I also have an American PSN account and on the store he is there and has been since yesterday, but on my European account there's nothing. Shit is unacceptable. GIVE ME PREDATOR YOU A-HOLES.
I'll never buy the bundle, it's a matter of fucking pride: they will have to pay me before I install that crappy IR Scorpion skin in my account.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I'll never buy the bundle, it's a matter of fucking pride: they will have to pay me before I install that crappy IR Scorpion skin in my account.
Haha you and me both! I don't give a shit about any of those skins. Carl Weathers Jax is decent but Commando Johnny and IR Scorpion are completely terrible.
I've been playing the Predator tower as much as I can which is nice but I want to be able to hit the lab :[ Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So after 5 days of nonstop play id have to say hqt is to me clearly the best variation.
The only thing hunter has over this variation is slightly better oki/ corner game. Since hunter has no untechable hard knockdown setup outside of the corner I believe his oki although very good to be a little overrated.

Hunters corner game is ridiculous but hqt believe or not has almost just as ridiculous corner game with 3 staggers into b3/ b3 lps/ b32 low plasma/ 32 laser cancel/ disc setups