What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator confirmed part of Kombat Pack via Xbox.com

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm OK with this, actually. Much better than Jason.
Yes! Same here man lol. Fuck Jason, I was never that thrilled about Jason to be honest. Rather have Myers at this point if they're going horror route or fuck it a horror legends game by NRS. Few people including myself brought that to boon already on his twitter, he asked "are there even enough for one"? So I among others gave him a list lol.

But honestly, this is RAD news. I'm so maining Predator.

Remember my Predator variation post?
Indeed, can you imagine his 3 variations?

1-Hunter(cloaking, bio mask, net launcher, plasma canon, smart discs) Things that stick out, weapons shown on him more plasma canon, discs, spears and glowing arm bomb with red dot thingy. More updated like from the two AVP movies and Predators. Can be for zoning and being sneaky can go invisible/cloaking. No arm claw here.

2-Warrior(no mask, mostly melee less weapons more hand to hand aka rush down style with Duel arm Gauntlets/claws and Combi-Stick) Things that stick out, NO mask, perhaps skulls around his neck, bone or something more tribal looking. This is more up close and personal style, rush down like end of Predator 1.

3-Predator or Yautja(Claw, Mask, Glaive & wrist gauntlet/heal kit move only here..) (would work like a taunt but heal himself slightly) Make him look like Predator 1 Predator with the Mask, that net on the body style. Little of both mixed styles of the first two, not quite zoning but not completely weaponless either. Here he has the claw or duel claws, mask perhaps more armor on him for this style.

That would be my pitch or something similar.
I cross my fingers he has something similar to this lol

And Fatalities must be these or some of them at least!
If I could choose I'd be fine with Predator, Terminator, Riddick and Michael Myers.

Anywho, I can see Predator's fatalities...

bebedao

Noob
The human prisoners are panicking now? They must have noticed that fresh meat only comes after one of their number is dragged away, screaming... This will not hold. Slaughter the ones who starve themselves and feed them to their hungry friends. When those ones are fully stuffed...I will be ready to dine.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
That's what makes me sad. They ARE vastly different.
A Net can't replace the hole in my heart that Cyrax will leave behind.

But at least I'll have something to remember him by if I'm right.

OR - what if HE turns out to be this robot fighting style hybrid you all speak of. What if they really do leave the cyborgs dead for now, and they just give him a Cyrax, Sektor, and Cyber Sub or Smoke style variation. Not beyond the realm of possibility. Mix his powers with their own, you've got complete cyber alien chaos.
Nah that's not happening.

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
Mayo reminded me of something I feel dumb for forgetting...the Cyrax Predator history.

Shit. He's gonna play like Cyrax.

Calling it now.

How do you get the few people like me who are skeptical as fuck/still on the fence to take the leap of faith and break this character?
You base his kombat around one of the most broken characters ever...who just happens to be close enough in design to him to count as an illegitimate spawn.

Goddammit.
I think he may only have the net, if anything.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
best news of the year regarding MKX .... so, all we need now it's a "skinning alive" and "gruesome spine rip" fatalities from the yautja hunter ..... Predator fits perfectly as DLC guest option and , damn, what hell of cool character to be chosen in MKX .... fucking genius move from NRS and Ed Boon !! ;)

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
The variation possibilities are endless. He has so many weapons and gadgets and systems available. Theres really no shortage of ideas.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Come on man, he will only be in this game, but any other MK char can return in a future installment, besides he was who inspired Cyrax in the first place!!
Yea i guess your right. But i feel if its 2 guests theb it definitely needs to be more than 2 mk returnees if they're doing a total of 4 Dlc

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Yea i guess your right. But i feel if its 2 guests theb it definitely needs to be more than 2 mk returnees if they're doing a total of 4 Dlc
There is a new leak (less reliable but nail it with Predator) that says there will be 6 DLC. Furthermore, I remember a NRS guy (I think was Hans Lo) that said in a recent interview that there will be more than the first 4 DLC.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
It is there! But I prefer Warrior Predator. I assume the main costume will be Masked Jungle Hunter. So many possibilities...
Haha yup, very true. I just feel like all the other costumes are too similar to the default Predator look, but Nightstorm looks really different. And so shiny too, all that gold!

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
It's really not difficult at all.

Both have plenty of tools at their disposal, but even if they didn't, they don't need to. Take Mileena, Kitana, Kano etc in MKX. None gain new powers, just different ways to use them. Mileena teleports in different ways, Kano uses more grappling and parrys. Kitana jumps on people and slices their neck.

Hell, reptile just has 3 traits as his variations, 2 of which he's never had in past games.

Im fully aware that NRS is probably more than capable of creating 3 variations for them, they are they professionals in that department after all.

But I still think it would be rather difficult to pull off and with characters like jade being removed and replaced with merely a variation I think its safe to say that the same may occur with the cyborgs. If they will do it to one character why would the robots be safe, and its legit makes sense. The biggest issue I would have with it would be if they shared normals and just had specials unique to each cyborg. But it seems other characters get normal changes and even new normals based on variation so I think they could find a way to do 3 distinct robo variations on one character.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
The funny thing is, my beloved Predator comes from the worst AvP movie. With Wolf Pred and his whip, Takeda suddenly is a wee less interesting.