What's new

General/Other - Predator Predator confirmed part of Kombat Pack via Xbox.com

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
still think Spawn gets in too... People think this de-konfirms Spawn but Im not so sure about that...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Mayo reminded me of something I feel dumb for forgetting...the Cyrax Predator history.

Shit. He's gonna play like Cyrax.

Calling it now.

How do you get the few people like me who are skeptical as fuck/still on the fence to take the leap of faith and break this character?
You base his kombat around one of the most broken characters ever...who just happens to be close enough in design to him to count as an illegitimate spawn.

Goddammit.

trufenix

bye felicia
Mayo reminded me of something I feel dumb for forgetting...the Cyrax Predator history.

Shit. He's gonna play like Cyrax.

Calling it now.

How do you get the few people like me who are skeptical as fuck/still on the fence to take the leap of faith and break this character?
You base his kombat around one of the most broken characters ever...who just happens to be close enough in design to him to count as an illegitimate spawn.

Goddammit.
Nobody plays like they used to, so whatever you think cyrax plays like is no longer relevant.

I think Sektor Cyrax and Smoke will all be combined into one character with a variation for each of them.

I dont see how you make 3 unique Cyrax or Sektor variations. Do you give Cyrax missiles......? But it makes sense to have a cyborg character that has a variation representing all 3 Cyborgs. And itll satisfy people that wanted robo smoke in mk9.
exactly what i was thinking. multiple cyborgs seems like a waste when they can do so much with just one character and three variations.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Nobody plays like they used to, so whatever you think cyrax plays like is no longer relevant.
...nooot entirely.
I'm not saying if I'm right that he's gonna be a direct copy to the T, that would be insane...what I mean is that as I see it, it would stand to reason that there'll be something in either his whole build or one particular variation that'll cause him to bear a pretty strong resemblance.
We've already seen it in parts and pieces throughout, like Reptile having a Grundy Gas stance AND a Flash gimmick stance, Cage getting a Saibot mechanic, Kung Jin's entire Green Arrow variation...adapting stuff from characters past into those of the future. And if my beloved robot really isn't coming back (i'm gonna cry omg pls no come back ;_; ...) , I'd be willing to bet 62 cents or so that Predator's gonna be borrowing from his wardrobe in at least one big way or so.

Of course, I could be totally wrong...

...I'm depressed now.

#RIPCyrax<3

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
...nooot entirely.
I'm not saying if I'm right that he's gonna be a direct copy to the T, that would be insane...what I mean is that as I see it, it would stand to reason that there'll be something in either his whole build or one particular variation that'll cause him to bear a pretty strong resemblance.
We've already seen it in parts and pieces throughout, like Reptile having a Grundy Gas stance AND a Flash gimmick stance, Cage getting a Saibot mechanic, Kung Jin's entire Green Arrow variation...adapting stuff from characters past into those of the future. And if my beloved robot really isn't coming back (i'm gonna cry omg pls no come back ;_; ...) , I'd be willing to bet 62 cents or so that Predator's gonna be borrowing from his wardrobe in at least one big way or so.

Of course, I could be totally wrong...

...I'm depressed now.

#RIPCyrax<3
I reeaaally doubt that. The only similar move they'll share is the net, most likely. How are they any similar apart from that? Cyrax is a bomb throwing, buzzsawing, capoeira style robot. Predator is an alien hunter with a completely different set of weapons and fighting style.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I reeaaally doubt that. The only similar move they'll share is the net, most likely. How are they any similar apart from that? Cyrax is a bomb throwing, buzzsawing, capoeira style robot. Predator is an alien hunter with a completely different set of weapons and fighting style.
That's what makes me sad. They ARE vastly different.
A Net can't replace the hole in my heart that Cyrax will leave behind.

But at least I'll have something to remember him by if I'm right.

OR - what if HE turns out to be this robot fighting style hybrid you all speak of. What if they really do leave the cyborgs dead for now, and they just give him a Cyrax, Sektor, and Cyber Sub or Smoke style variation. Not beyond the realm of possibility. Mix his powers with their own, you've got complete cyber alien chaos.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
That's what makes me sad. They ARE vastly different.
A Net can't replace the hole in my heart that Cyrax will leave behind.

But at least I'll have something to remember him by if I'm right.

OR - what if HE turns out to be this robot fighting style hybrid you all speak of. What if they really do leave the cyborgs dead for now, and they just give him a Cyrax, Sektor, and Cyber Sub or Smoke style variation. Not beyond the realm of possibility. Mix his powers with their own, you've got complete cyber alien chaos.
But maybe Cyrax will be DLC too, it would sell a lot imo.