What's new

Question - Kenshi [Pre-XL] What kind of changes would you like to see to Kenshi in KP2?

And doesn't Kenshi have a standing reset string? If I'm not mistaken.
Talking about Balanced
no its standing nothing (you can use most of special moves after it), this string is one of his best it would be better to have it 2 frames faster but im really happy with it. its great, you can change side with it for little less damage, or if you can punish someone with it in corner (your back facing corner) it can lead to good damage.

one of HIS best string and i want that to never change to something different.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I don't think ex RK should be safe, in fact, all armored launchers should be unsafe. Cassie's flipkick is in fact the most retarded thing in the whole game, Tremor's armor ain't so bad considering it's all very slow and susceptible to armor breaking, but a 6f armored reversal? Get outta here.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
As a long term Kenshi fan, I was turned off from this character the moment I saw his reveal video.

MK9 Kenshi wasn't so great to play because he was good. He was great to play because he was a complete character. The problem with MKX Kenshi, in my opinion, is that Balanced and Kenjutsu should have been combined. Playing Balanced Kenshi has no access to his sword, and his sword makes the character cool.

Simply put, MKX Kenshi needs a complete redesign in his normals and strings to incorporate the sword in all variations.

@Pig Of The Hut I think we talked about this on your stream. Any thoughts?
Yea I think top to bottom whoever designed this character for Mkx gets a complete F-

Very poor character design top to bottom

The way he looks is great but his design in how he plays is extremely poor

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
I don't think ex RK should be safe, in fact, all armored launchers should be unsafe. Cassie's flipkick is in fact the most (soap bar in my mouth) thing in the whole game, Tremor's armor ain't so bad considering it's all very slow and susceptible to armor breaking, but a 6f armored reversal? Get outta here.
Why is that such a fucking thing, that soap bar in my mouth shit, and you don't get to say that, say some shit that blood god would say.

Yea I think top to bottom whoever designed this character for Mkx gets a complete F-

he looks really bad IMO compared to MK9 (even with his other costumes)
MK9 was true to source, just look how beautiful he bends his knees a bit in other games :) (and that block pose)
most of his special moves were sick to watch in his last game
and that screams :) just go back and see MK9 for yourself if you have one around

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

Balanced, with basically the same functioning specials (and plus frames on Ex Spirit Charge), but with his old advancing F22B2 string, the B2 overhead, would make him fun to play in my opinion.

He's poorly designed because he isn't fun to fight against.
Balanced Kenshi is the salt farmer of noobs. Once someone starts tea-bagging while I'm playing my alts and I know I can smash them I'll go balanced and they always get super duper salty. Kenjutsu is my main though, way more fun to play.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Balanced Kenshi is the salt farmer of noobs. Once someone starts tea-bagging while I'm playing my alts and I know I can smash them I'll go balanced and they always get super duper salty. Kenjutsu is my main though, way more fun to play.
Oh, I remember. I'm never disrespectful, but I was a noob. Then, I figured out what was what and now Balanced gets stomped like the pest he is. I'm hoping that remains the same. I just don't like the design of that variation.

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
Oh, I remember. I'm never disrespectful, but I was a noob. Then, I figured out what was what and now Balanced gets stomped like the pest he is. I'm hoping that remains the same. I just don't like the design of that variation.
Jesus fuck, you still here?, is this ever gonna end? and you still whining about kenshi, if you struggle against shit characters then just hit the lab and get better or actually try kenshi out for yourself and see how painfully bad he is, either way win, win, cause it'll shut your repetitive ass up.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Jesus fuck, you still here?, is this ever gonna end? and you still whining about kenshi, if you struggle against shit characters then just hit the lab and get better or actually try kenshi out for yourself and see how painfully bad he is, either way win, win, cause it'll shut your repetitive ass up.
Wow, so mad. May you find solace through Kenshi's poetic embrace...

SC needs to be alot faster and db4 is faster and +10 on hit, also b2 becomes a overhead hard knockdown. TF to be -30 on whiff and all hits come out faster so kenshi can win trades. 44 changed to a overhead

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Kenjutsu 3 2 should launch on the 2 portion of the string. Psst hey NRS sento stance FTW #KARMACANCELS.

I'm all for kenshi being fixed. He's my favorite male MK character and my day 1 but... do we get our hopes up for new OH's and karma cancels? You guys think they'll go that far to help him or has he received his biggest help from the June 15 patch? :-(

Rocket

For the Shirai Ryu.
I'm all for kenshi being fixed. He's my favorite male MK character and my day 1 but... do we get our hopes up for new OH's and karma cancels? You guys think they'll go that far to help him or has he received his biggest help from the June 15 patch? :-(
If that was the biggest help nrs gave kenshi then that's just fucked cause that amount of help is like a man with broken knees going up to a doctor and the doctor does nothing more than put fucking my little pony plasters on his knees.

Kung Laos spin is the same as mk9, extremely fast but extremely unsafe so why can't kenshi have a fast and unsafe shoulder like before? Spirit charge in the game is just trash compared to mk9 its less damage and can easily be reacted to :(

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Don't know if this has been mentioned before for Balanced... OH slice working like Tremor's OH rock to allow either a combo followup if you're close or a free tele-flurry at long distance?
Especially if nothing is changed on the OH slices frame data. At this point if they get hit they deserve to be put in a combo.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
June patch he got 12 buffs

Today he's considered bottom 3

I'd say that a huge problem

June patch he got 12 buffs

Today he's considered bottom 3

I'd say that a huge problem
Oh I agree. Don't get me wrong. He got helped back then, but since has been passed by other characters getting help.

He needs help with many different areas of his game, for me I'd love to see a bit faster startup on normals especially mids, and some of the mentioned stuff here.

I just wanted to know if people had faith in that he'd get things like karma cancels and some moves being turned into OH or even new strings. I want him to get the much needed help so don't take it the wrong way

I know a lot Balanced has been talked about here but something I know everyone would like to see is... less gravity on kenjutsu regular db1 on hit. Also, if it could just be a stationary move that'd be awesome cause he moves way too forward and just winds up going under the opponent even if you read a jump in/teleport from the opponent.