What's new

Question - Kenshi [Pre-XL] What kind of changes would you like to see to Kenshi in KP2?

Saw threads with a similar question about other kharacters, and I know I'd like a couple things changed about Kenshi with the coming of KP2. What kinds of things would you Kenshi mains like to see with the coming update?

kenshi shares somewhat explainable universal hate both from community for 3 years of mk9 abuse and from developers themselves.
if i had to wish id ask for making everything safer on block with less recovery, faster startup on db4 (balanced) and the ability to properly combo in kenjutsu. also in kenjutsu db4 should be fixed, sometimes it releases enemies even before i get a jump in.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Last time I'll post about what he needs

Kenjutsu:

Fix ex df1 hit box glitch

Df1: -3 on block

Ex df1: now recaptures opponents caught in air like ex goro punch walk and every other ex in the game

Db1: can we please get some freaking gravity adjustments like every other character? Db1 gravity should be like db1 balance. It's -14 on block. Keep that just fix the gravity like every other character in the game has

Ex sc should be 0 on block not -14

322 needs to be MID OH OH

B2 is one of the most worthless moves ever mocapped and programmed yet it's special to this variation. You've probably never seen it, why? Because it's absolutely worthless. B2 needs to be a launcher not HKD

-------------

Possessed

F4 needs to be worthwhile, it's a freaking move that's suppose to be special only to possessed but is beyond worthless. Needs to be 18f low and special cancellable

Bf2 is currently 5%, I feel this is a joke. Needs to be 8%

Teleport needs to be able to be done w same properties in the air

Fix the damn bf3 glitch

Fix the damn db1 glitch

Fix the damn ex Sc glitch

---------------
Balanced

Bf3 needs to be -36 whiff or better

Sc needs to be -10

Ex sc needs to be +8

Bf3 all 3 hits should come out with the on block

Universal changes

22 + 8 <---- making the string useful like his son's 21

44 MID OH <---- can we finally get a damn good mid?

Option 2:

Just remove him from the game

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Oh yea my bad I forgot that rule about everyone else can have an oppressive tool but kenshi can't

My B

That was put in there as an option, if they just made 44 mid OH and 22 +8 and gave him an oppressive tool like ex sc being plus only then would he play Mkx

Immortal

Blind justice....

Kenjutsu:

Ex df1: now recaptures opponents caught in air like ex goro punch walk and every other ex in the game

Db1: can we please get some freaking gravity adjustments like every other character? Db1 gravity should be like db1 balance. It's -14 on block. Keep that just fix the gravity like every other character in the game has

B2 is one of the most worthless moves ever mocapped and programmed yet it's special to this variation. You've probably never seen it, why? Because it's absolutely worthless. B2 needs to be a launcher not HKD

-------------

Possessed

F4 needs to be worthwhile, it's a freaking move that's suppose to be special only to possessed but is beyond worthless. Needs to be 18f low and special cancellable

Bf2 is currently 5%, I feel this is a joke. Needs to be 8%

Teleport needs to be able to be done w same properties in the air

Fix the damn bf3 glitch

Fix the damn db1 glitch

Fix the damn ex Sc glitch

---------------
Balanced

Bf3 needs to be -36 whiff or better

Sc needs to be -10

Ex ex needs to be +8

Bf3 all 3 hits should come out with the on block

Universal changes

Option 2:

Just remove him from the game

I will just add to this for the last time, to make it complete:

BALANCED

- TKS has now 14 startup frames (down from 24) and is +3 on hit (from -1 now.... -1 on hit, rofl)

- B1 has now 12 startup frames (down from 17) and is mid, overhead or double overhead (make it non cancel able if you still think he shouldn't have any mix ups)

- EX RK is -7 on block at worst (from -17 now)

- JP1 add some block stun (its has absolutely none atm which is like stupidest thing ever)

KENJUTSU

Pig covered almost all here, just gonna add:

(EX) Tele-suspend is now -12 on block (from -29 now..... -29 on block for a bar of meter! Like really?)

POSSESSED

Don't play it much, so im gonna assume Pig covered it.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

I will just add to this for the last time, to make it complete:

BALANCED

- TKS has now 14 startup frames (down from 24) and is +3 on hit (from -1 now, -1 on hit, rofl)

- B1 has now 12 startup frames (down from 17) and is mid, overhead or double overhead (make it non cancel able if you still think he shouldn't have any mix ups)

- EX RK is -7 on block at worst (from -17 now)

- JP1 add some block stun (its has absolutely none atm which is like stupidest thing ever)

KENJUTSU

Pig covered almost all here just gonna add:

(EX) Tele-suspend - is now -12 on block (from -29 now..... -29 on block for a bar of meter! Like really?)

POSSESSED

Don't play it much, so im gonna assume Pig covered it.
Yea I could go for this or mine

Both would make him good enough for forever King to pick him

Immortal

Blind justice....
Yea I could go for this or mine

Both would make him good enough for forever King to pick him
I'm pretty sure that if both of our proposals would be implemented then like half of Yomi would play Kenshi not to mention Fox and others.

Then again atleast he would be good and used not like now - completely non-existent at tournaments.

Lokheit

Noob

Kenjutsu:

-------------
I've been thinking a lot about 322 lately and I came to the conclussion that making it OH wouldn't be such a big difference considering 311 can be canceled into an OH after the second hit anyway for a guess (while 322 wouldn't be cancelable into a low, so no guesses).

I think this move would be really useful if:

- The second hit was +20 or more on hit, similar to Cryomancer F12 sword, granting a free 50/50 opportunity.

- There was no gap before the third hit (like... really? a gap on a move that isn't even worth using?).

- The third hit was from 0 to -3 on block or close to that range.

This way you could use 32, see if it hits or not, if it hits you get a free 50/50, if it doesn't you quickly press 3 before the string ends to make it safe.

About B2, I think it needs to be +2 on block (the animation looks like a heavy hit), be faster AND MOST IMPORTANT be plus on hit (no idea why it's negative on hit). This way you get an OH that gives you advantage on block to combine with B32 on 50/50s if you think they will block and punish F2. B2 is really easy to see comming but at least after a JIP, with the threat of a B32, they need to block even if there is a gap before B2 (or F2).

Universal changes

I think there is a "rule" where all standing hits are highs (at least I can't think right now about any s1, s2, s3 or s4 that isn't a high, I might be wrong). BUT I think it wouldn't hurt if instead of having to pick between the launcher or the OH knock down, the OH launched and the other move was removed (the animation is he same I think), so all versions of the character would be able to use OH during combos (even if it's on the second hit and easier to see coming).

His other launching strings 211 2+4 (the one with where he uses the sword in Kenjutsu and Balanced) and 114 should get its gravity buffed so you can use it during midscreen combos.

He has a huge lot of strings that need a revision and fixing them would level up his game. Just having those 2 launching strings buffed would already grant results.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I like Pig and Immortal deas. For Balanced, which is my main variation, some things I would add:

BALANCED

- Teleflurry whiff recovery reduced. All hits come out on block. This has already been said but it needs to be repeated xD

- Remove the gap in the 4412 string, so he can stop at the 1 and be +2 without fearing the gap.

- No more -1 overhead slice on hit...make it positive. Maybe so we can do a standing one up close?

- Ex overhead slice has one hit of armor, is +2 on block and pops up on hit. Midscreen allowing for a tf, and in the corner for full combo.

- Ex push has more range than his normal version and is plus on block.

- And (this might be a little crazy) you can meterburn teleflurry on whiff so all hits come out (in this case as three highs, with small recovery to compensate the use of the bar). This will put fear into the enemy when trying to run under teleflurry and punish.

Last edited:

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I like Kenjutsu. Love actually. But being mostly hella unsafe and having to base my game plan around two or three safe strings is just...ass. If not allow me to use reflect like KK uses his air grab..I'd end every string with reflect for meter and safety. Yeah its thier turn now but hey...least i dont have to commit to be unsafe.

Also make ExT unduckable if its not already.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Give him a good poke,and make b3 faster,otherwise once kp2 comes out just replace his image with another "?" so we can have two random select fields.I am serious here,this char is dead and he doesn't know it.

my essentials for him in Balanced

- TKS has now 14 startup frames (down from 24) and is +3 on hit (from -1 now.... -1 on hit, rofl)
(and recover at least under 20 (down from 26) also make his ex version useful OR at least give him armor OR at least make it like quan chi and allow him to use another special move after it)

- Sc needs to be -10
- Ex sc needs to be +8

- teleflurry at most 30 on whiff OR make it come out on block or whiff (not that kenshi could be whiff punished, it just that you need to respect it)
OR make it mid

-make his horrible backdash 2x faster

what i would say is that if he is a zoning character then give him tools to do that if not then make him overall better including strings, etc

Last edited:

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
This character needs so much fixing. Like actually giving him frames on ji1, significantly speed up his backdash and many other things. I'm not gonna go to deep but For balanced tele flurry should come out on block with the last hit low, and you can ex it for the last hit to be overhead, speed up the overhead slash, and EX Overhead slash should launch for a combo. Possessed needs all the whiff issues fix, ALL OF THEM. Possessed's stuff whiffs more than SD Johnny. There's so much more but I'd be here all day.