What's new

Question - Kenshi [Pre-XL] What kind of changes would you like to see to Kenshi in KP2?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Oh I agree. Don't get me wrong. He got helped back then, but since has been passed by other characters getting help.

He needs help with many different areas of his game, for me I'd love to see a bit faster startup on normals especially mids, and some of the mentioned stuff here.

I just wanted to know if people had faith in that he'd get things like karma cancels and some moves being turned into OH or even new strings. I want him to get the much needed help so don't take it the wrong way
kenjutsu with the aid of sento stance cancels would compliment his meter dependency. The cancels won't be on the likes of liu kang jailing but more so on the same lvl as HWjax rocket cancel pressure. Sento stance by itself would be the safe overhead move (-5) if you decide to let it rip.

Example of this stance in action would look like this

11xx Sento stance rc b3 Sento stance slash

3,1xx Sento stance rc 3,1,1 or 3,1 xx Sento stance slash

Mix in standing 1 pressure, grabs and staggers

On hit if 3,2 was a launcher he could have new combo potential for example:

111xx Sento rc 3,2 run 4,3 xx bf3 or db4

As you can see. Not only aiding his meter woes but also his mix up potential and gives the variation exclusive string 3,1,1 more utility.

But with that being said kenshi as a whole needs help in important areas and I understand that these are luxury buffs that will probably never happen.

NRS pls #KARMA CANCELS 2016

Last edited:

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
There's also reptile (invis parry), Kano (ball roll which can be canceled), Liu Kang (windmill punches) and Johnny (soul kick run cancels)
You can't run cancel JCs Ex SK to be too broke lol

I'll add on chars with safe armour launchers though

Kung Jim (Ex Divekick) Jax Ex gotcha grab (only in corner and high) F/T Lackey

Actually I'm gonna count them and put them to what variations to find a %

zHawken

Would you settle for me sausage?
Give him puggles. Netherbat=instabroke

No but seriously I can't imagine NRS buffing Kenshi without destroying his zoning, at least in balanced. I'd be happy if they fixed his gaps, gave him a bit of a boost on minus frames, an overhead starter, and maybe made ex rk in balanced plus on block, similar to ex rune/ex hat(hat trick)/ex tonfa toss/ex glaive/ex orbiting hat.... You get what I'm saying? (Also, I do understand that you can neutral duck or backdash most of these, I'm just saying this for the sake of the argument)

Also if they would change balanced and possessed to have the entirety of their bf3 come out on block. At least give us some full screen chip Paulo.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Is it just me or is kenjutsu not complete ass, but insanely underwhelming?
It's not you. You can definitely win with Kenjutsu, but there's characters that does what he does way better. To get any kind of damage you need to spend meter. His specials all seem to have weird little nuances to them, ex spinning blade not recapturing, rising Karma/ex being a worse anti air option than tele-hang. Most wins against good players or at least players of equal skill just feel they stem from the opponent never seeing Kenjutsu picked before.

Oh, I remember. I'm never disrespectful, but I was a noob. Then, I figured out what was what and now Balanced gets stomped like the pest he is. I'm hoping that remains the same. I just don't like the design of that variation.
There's definitely a notable weakness to balanced wake up (there's only 1 armor move and it's a mid rising hit) and he has pretty limited neutral game, which is what he really needs to do better. I still think he has potential if you can play the mind game and you're familiar with all the strings to mix in. Kenjutsu lives in 50/50 town though. Also Kenshi's run is pretty darn good and running in to grab is a great way to mix up the rhythm of your zoning if they're showing too much respect.

Word on the street is, not a single player used Kenshi in the entire KIT tournament. :DOGE

Looks like this is the last course of action left.
I noticed that too as the commentators kept talking about how these players are using the variations of cast members who aren't normally used because they're "bad". I think there are more Jason players than Kenshi players.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
There's definitely a notable weakness to balanced wake up (there's only 1 armor move and it's a mid rising hit) and he has pretty limited neutral game, which is what he really needs to do better. I still think he has potential if you can play the mind game and you're familiar with all the strings to mix in. Kenjutsu lives in 50/50 town though. Also Kenshi's run is pretty darn good and running in to grab is a great way to mix up the rhythm of your zoning if they're showing too much respect.
Balanced actually has a pretty decent wakeup game honestly...

ex db1 is armoured and launches for full combo. ex bf2 is armoured and safe.

Coming from characters with no decernable wakeup (e.g. Jacqui) Balanced's armour is a godsend.

Balance has several issues, but wakeup is not one of them.

Balanced actually has a pretty decent wakeup game honestly...

ex db1 is armoured and launches for full combo. ex bf2 is armoured and safe.

Coming from characters with no decernable wakeup (e.g. Jacqui) Balanced's armour is a godsend.

Balance has several issues, but wakeup is not one of them.
Maybe it's just my own personal troubles then. If someone is guarding at all they won't get hit by Kenshi's wake up. If they don't, they can still out poke him or defend against his absurdly limited strings.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
If there's anyone in the game thats in serious need of buffs, its Kenshi. He's arguably the worst character in the game. I see more people using Jason and Jacqui than I see using Kenshi.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
They should make his attacks faster so he has more time for teabagging.

In my own opnion this is what he needs.
Universal changes: B+1 becomes -5 on block. Standing 4 Should be a mid rather than a high. F+3 Should be 11 frames start up. F+2 Needs better cancel advantage. Standing 2 Should be a mid. They should add a viable universal overhead 4412 has a gap in it. That should be fixed.
Kenjutsu Changes: his F+2 overhead should be 14 frames start up instead of 18 and be -7 block. DB1 Needs a hitbox improvement. It's supposed to be an anti-air but it whifs 90% of the time. DF1 Should be -5 on block. BF2 goes full screen but becomes a high to balance it out. BF3 Should be -23 on whif instead of -51.
Balanced Changes: DB1 Should be -6 on block. Enhanced version -8. BF2 Has increased pushback on block and be -8 on block. BF3 Should be -23 on whif instead of -53. DB4 Should be +16 on hit.
Possessed Changes: BF2 should be -9 on block. BF3, DB1 and BF2 need bug fixes. You can dash right through the moves and run right through them. That should be fixed.DB1 and Enchanced DB1 Should be -5.

In my opinion this is what needs
Universal changes: B+1 becomes -5 on block. Standing 4 Should be a mid rather than a high. F+3 Should be 11 frames start up. F+2 Needs better cancel advantage. Standing 2 Should be a mid. They should add a viable universal overhead. Second. Attack strings. 4412 has a gap in it. That should be fixed.
Kenjutsu Changes: his F+2 overhead should be 14 frames start up instead of 18 and be -7 block. DB1 Needs a hitbox improvement. It's supposed to be an anti-air but it whifs 90% of the time. DF1 Should be -5 on block. BF2 goes full screen but becomes a high to balance it out. BF3 Should be -23 on whif instead of -51.
Balanced Changes: DB1 Should be -6 on block. Enhanced version -8. BF2 Has increased pushback on block and be -8 on block. BF3 Should be -23 on whif instead of -53. DB4 Should be +16 on hit.
Possessed Changes: BF2 should be -9 on block. BF3, DB1 and BF2 need bug fixes. You can dash right through the moves and run right through them. That should be fixed.DB1 and Enchanced DB1 Should be -5.

In my opinion this is what needs
Universal changes: B+1 becomes -5 on block. Standing 4 Should be a mid rather than a high. F+3 Should be 11 frames start up. F+2 Needs better cancel advantage. Standing 2 Should be a mid. They should add a viable universal overhead. Second. Attack strings. 4412 has a gap in it. That should be fixed.
i think F2 is perfect the way it is, just my opinion

what Kenshi needs:

Balanced: Better zoning

Kenjutsu: Better gravity for more consistent combos

Possessed: Better teleport

universal:
All strings safe on block.

and just for fun: 2112+4 combos in the corner with very low scaling so that it is a high damage starter

Anyway I'm curious to see what changes they actually make.