What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees [Pre-XL] Buffing JASON VOORHEES So He Becomes more Viable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titans1373

Pew pew pew quitality
Good list. I agree with everything. As it stands, I'm pretty sure NRS had a falling out with whoever they got licensing from for Jason and said "you know what, we're going to make him trash " lol. This guy needs some reliable dirt, like the rest of the cast.

Reactions: REO

CoolChameleon

Kamoflauged
Punishment:
Should last 10 real life seconds. should have a 10 frame startup.

Rise:
Should last 10 real life seconds. should have a 10 frame startup.

Resurrection:
Shouldn't cost any meter whatsoever to resurrect, but should only be allowed in round 3.

#BuffUnstoppable

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm sorry, I can't add anything substantial or useful to this thread as I do not play Jason. I will say that the changes seem pretty damn reasonable though and I would love for Jason to be a force to be feared in MKX..

..but only if you all play.. What is it, slasher? Cause them machete sound effects are on point.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Slasher is the only variation I play too lol I don't think he needs any new moves or anything crazy, just a few faster normal/pokes or something. Just anything that will help him a bit when against characters like Liu and Lao who have good pressure and faster normals/pokes lol

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Now this thread is not meant to make Jason into an S tier character but more of a character to make people respect instead of having them go "Nice, I have a Jason in my pool instead of XYZ character.".

Real talk, when I saw you go Tanya against me at EVO I was like "goddamit this match is going to be ridiculous"

Skedar70

Noob
I respect REO for picking this low tier character. Before, I didn't think well of him cause I only saw him pick the highest tier character. I hope the character gets good buffs so that we can continue seeing it used in tournaments.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I would LOVE for Jason to get these.

As you stated none of these buffs would make him OP but give him a chance against the cast. It is really odd how the only character I can think of without a projectile in 2 variations has horrible pokes.

Solignac

Noob

Yep, truly bs
Ever since I started playing him I noticed his wack ass damage scaling, at least in relentless and unstoppable.
You can add an extra string to a combo or finish with an ex choke and only get an extra percent or 2.
b122, b122, b122, 11 choke is pretty much the same as b122, b122, 111 choke but much harder. I don't know what kind of monkey handles the scaling on Jason. Probably the same one that handles the netcode.

Wait.. let me see if I understand this. You don't want him to get buffed because people will use him?
Correct. Lol. Listen, I hate the most popular and stronger characters. I like Jason Relentless. I've been using that version since his release. I seldom come across Jason's online. It's always, Kung Lao (T), Kitana (RS), Raiden (TG), blah, blah, blah. If I do come across a Jason, 9/10Xs its Jason (S). So your interpretation skills are true.

REO

Undead
I joined this site just to support this thread.
I like your name. You cross over from a different main forum?

I respect REO for picking this low tier character. Before, I didn't think well of him cause I only saw him pick the highest tier character. I hope the character gets good buffs so that we can continue seeing it used in tournaments.
When I picked up Jason as my main on the Sunday of EVO, I thought he was an upper mid tier character. lol

REO

Undead
What if just what if...Jason's DD4 in Relentless didn't have the sleep recovery while under 10% health?
Is that too dumb?
I guess you could just uppercut Jason and it would kill him.

I think his DD4 is fine the way it is. Maybe give it an EX version or something if they really wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.