What's new

General/Other - Jason Voorhees [Pre-XL] Buffing JASON VOORHEES So He Becomes more Viable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
First of all getting in is supposed to be difficult for grapplers, I've got no problems with that and even in his current low tier state I can get within range of his d1. That being said, increasing the range AND making it 6 frames while still tickable into command grabs would make it completely OP.
lackey ferra torr has insane d1 range and a 10 frame command grab. i dont think it would be crazy for jason to get the same treatment

Yeah Jason needs MAJOR love next patch. Why just yesterday I found my 3rd bug with Jason! (I cover that in my Unstoppable thread) And that is just me looking into Jason for 5 minutes. What is the point of adding new DLC next year, when there are characters in the game now (that we paid for as DLC) that need major attention. We paid money for Jason. He should get the attention he deserves.

E

Eldriken

First of all getting in is supposed to be difficult for grapplers, I've got no problems with that and even in his current low tier state I can get within range of his d1. That being said, increasing the range AND making it 6 frames while still tickable into command grabs would make it completely OP.
It wouldn't be OP at all. You can jump/armor through his tick grabs.

Character dependent. A lot of characters can NJK for a hard knockdown though.
Sorta off topic but I fought Whiteboi during preseason ESL and got bodied lol, any tips on how to fight Jason? I was having a really tough time dealing with (pursuit I think it is? the neck snap reversed controls special) and b1 tick throws

KuralKing

Never forget The Great Ferra/Torr Scare!
dealing with (pursuit I think it is? the neck snap reversed controls special)
When jason pursuits you instead of worrying about throwing a special move just hit jason, most people freak out and try to use a special move, and if you manage to figure out the reversed controls, well now pursuit is useless because the control reversal is always the same. :)

And i feel like that should change, it should be random every time. :coffee:

E

Eldriken

When jason pursuits you instead of worrying about throwing a special move just hit jason, most people freak out and try to use a special move, and if you manage to figure out the reversed controls, well now pursuit is now useless because the control reversal is always the same. :)

I agree. It should be random every time. For every single input, including directional inputs.

When jason pursuits you instead of worrying about throwing a special move just hit jason, most people freak out and try to use a special move, and if you manage to figure out the reversed controls, well now pursuit is now useless because the control reversal is always the same. :)

Wait, huh? I thought only the directional inputs stayed the same, not the actual controls. Also I usually did just try and throw out normals, there was no way I would be able to do a special during that shit lol

Sorta off topic but I fought Whiteboi during preseason ESL and got bodied lol, any tips on how to fight Jason? I was having a really tough time dealing with (pursuit I think it is? the neck snap reversed controls special) and b1 tick throws
Pursuit throw is always on the same preset, and directional is always reversed. B1 tick throws are basically his effective 50/50. So you'll be making a read to get out of the grab. Armor, NJ etc.

Also this. Courtesy of @GGA Jeremiah

Many characters have option selects that deal with Dark Pursuit. Let's look at Raiden for an example. Superman is his only special move that has a B,F input. All Raiden has to do when he sees Dark Pursuit is activating is input F,B + all 4 inputs and Superman will ALWAYS come out and punish Jason before he can block. This will remove Dark Pursuit.
Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick is another example of this.

Fun Fact: If you input the commands for 2 special moves there is a priority list the game uses to choose what special move will come out. Cassie Cage has bf1 and a bf4 input. Bf1 is gunshot, and bf4 is rising kick. Gunshot will always come out if both 1 and 4 are pressed at the same time. I am assuming the priority list is 1 before 2, before 3, before 4.

So in short. All you need to deal with Dark Pursuit is an advancing special or projectile that can hit Jason before he can block. Even if you have an input that competes with another like Cassie does, you know gunshot will come out and stop Dark Pursuit.

So yea. I really hope they give a fair pass over this character, because he's just getting worse/more buggy over time.

Pursuit throw is always on the same preset, and directional is always reversed. B1 tick throws are basically his effective 50/50. So you'll be making a read to get out of the grab. Armor, NJ etc.
What do you mean it's on the same preset? It's the same changed buttons every time? I could have sworn it changed every time when I was labbing him but I guess i'm wrong.

Thanks for the help btw

What do you mean it's on the same preset? It's the same changed buttons every time? I could have sworn it changed every time when I was labbing him but I guess i'm wrong.

Thanks for the help btw
The throw preset doesn't change though. Close enough you can literally walk up and throw lol. So you can dial a special, throw, or throw out random jump normals lol.

No problem!

The throw preset doesn't change though. Close enough you can literally walk up and throw lol. So you can dial a special, throw, or throw out random jump normals lol.

No problem!
Oh, I didn't realize what you meant, my bad. On the bf option selects, that is seriously fucking dumb, but would there be any actual way of removing that?

E

Eldriken

Oh, I didn't realize what you meant, my bad. On the bf option selects, that is seriously fucking dumb, but would there be any actual way of removing that?
Yeah, by completely randomizing their controls every single time. It's a buff that both regular and EX desperately need.

Yeah, by completely randomizing their controls every single time. It's a buff that both regular and EX desperately need.
We have to be careful here though. One of the reasons I don't like MKX is there is a high amount of things in the game that are just not fun to deal with defensively. Having to deal with completely random controls every time Jason's BnB hits would just not be fun for the opponent. I think it should be his ex version that does that and we find elsewhere to insanely buff Jason :)

E

Eldriken

We have to be careful here though. One of the reasons I don't like MKX is there is a high amount of things in the game that are just not fun to deal with defensively. Having to deal with completely random controls every time Jason's BnB hits would just not be fun for the opponent. I think it should be his ex version that does that and we find elsewhere to insanely buff Jason :)
*insert obligatory "DON'T GET HIT. PROBLEM SOLVED. LOL" comment here*

You have a point and I can't help but agree with it. But sure, buff the fuck out of the EX version and leave the regular one the same. I love ending combos in the corner with EX dd4 anyway. Jason would become an absolute monster in the corner if the EX version completely randomized their controls.

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
I posted this somewhere else too, but my 2 cents on buffs to Jason:
have a new overhead move (replacing F2 or B2, because honestly F2 looks sorta stupid and B2 isnt rewarding enough on hit) which looks like a double-fisted overhead slam (similar to Erron's last hit of 121 string) that is a hardknockdown AND special-cancellable so that you have enough frames to get out BOTH of unstoppable's buffs or get dark pursuit in (so in otherwords, the longest hardest-knockdown in the game, which would make sense cuz of how powerful Jason visually is)

Another further suggestion I think would make sense is maybe enhance the damage of his standard command grabs and make his EX backbreaker and EX Squeeze end in a launcher (by Jason throwing his opponent on the ground really hard so that it bounces them, A+ visuals buff too) and make it only work once in a combo through aerial diminishing returns.

Also why not make EX Dark pursuit disable all buttons except block altogether? Idk if even that would make him top tier, especially considering Jason has no convertable mixups anyways.

EDIT: Disclaimer: I don't actually play this character that much, I only play Possessed and Marksman

Status
Not open for further replies.