What's new

Breakthrough - Ferra/Torr [Pre-patch] Ferra/Torr Block Infinite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
If one character can't get out, I don't care if it was known since Day -3, it needs to be nerfed. The LAST thing we need to see is Takeda buffs to compensate. Jacqui had to get both versions of rocket nerfed because one and only one character, F/T of all of them couldn't get out. All you F/T players came in the Jacqui forum for the only time ever pushing for her nerf. Now all I have is memories of how good rockets used to be. No sympathy from me.

Paulo don't let me down. I expect this to be Jacqui'd on March 1st or I call bs. I'm itching to make a thread about hypocrisy and double standards. Don't give me more ammunition.

/AlphaOut
Damn savage lol

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What do you suggest should be done then? Id be fine with plus 1 over plus 6, as long as I can D1 check afterwards. This is FTs primary pressure/meterbuild tool here it cant be butchered completely
Yea something like +1 sounds pretty logical to where it still frame traps but gives the defender options if they make the right read. Being that it's a F/T pressure tool and would effect a lot of other MUs as well. That would probably be ideal imo since something has to be adjusted. Players don't want to see a squash nerf to frames like some other chars but you never know once they get their hands on this type of stuff. If Jacqui and Raiden are any indication the forecast looks gloomy.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Can we at least change the title to something a little more accurate considering this isnt actually a blockinfinite. Somehing like "Ferra Torr block infinite on takeda in the corner with no meter only"?

I know everyones on the nerf Ferra Torr train right now but cmon
I'm totally convinced you're on a mission to downplay Ferra/Torr.

ryublaze

Noob
This isn't about Ferra/Torr just doing b121 FT over and over again. This thread is about it being a block infinite on certain characters, which has never been mentioned anywhere as far as I know. Not sure why that's so hard to understand...

Also Takeda isn't the only character who gets block infinited. The OP clearly says characters with 8 frame or slower pokes. Takeda, Erron, Kitana, Kenshi, etc.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I'm totally convinced you're on a mission to downplay Ferra/Torr.
Not at all Ive said the new ruthless is dumb and top 5 easily the second he got the beta buffs, Ive also said that the EXtosses should be full combo punishable on block and EX torryuken should be even more punishable consideribg the damage we get off it now. I just dont want something thats defined the pressure the characters had since day 1 nerfed a week after everyone else starts actually paying attention to the character. Like I said Im fine with nerfing it to plus 1 rather than plus 6 so that every character can poke or armor out and start applying their pressure on a read

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
This isn't about Ferra/Torr just doing b121 FT over and over again. This thread is about it being a block infinite on certain characters, which has never been mentioned anywhere as far as I know. Not sure why that's so hard to understand...

Also Takeda isn't the only character who gets block infinited. The OP clearly says characters with 8 frame or slower pokes. Takeda, Erron, Kitana, Kenshi, etc.

Not kenshi anymore! (providing the beta buffs aren't a cruel joke)

JDM

Noob
Honestly I know nothing about F/T and I'm shocked I didn't know something this simple and stupid existed in this game.

Sigh

Maylon

Noob
No one has ever bothered to label it "block infinite", but even the most casual of Ferra Torr mains (that would be me) would have known of this. I'm surprised it took this long for a Takeda (or any other 9f poke character) player to post anything

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Lol I've been doing this to Blood God and Quan Chi players forever, I'm actually surprised this is new to people, kinda one of Ferra/Torr's main tools.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Lol I've been doing this to Blood God and Quan Chi players forever, I'm actually surprised this is new to people, kinda one of Ferra/Torr's main tools.
Well most of the people don't lab them After losing I guess. You don't want to know how many times I've been told from People that they lost to me only because of their mu inexperience and they Would wreck me if they had any against them because the character is "shit". Now with the Beta buffs and everyone claiming now they're top 5 or top 3 easily they got some attention.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....

Not sure if this has been known but Ferra/Torr has a block infinite against some characters in the corner if they don't have meter. This is done by looping b121 Ferra Toss.

Ferra/Toss is I believe +6 on block and b1 is a 10 frame mid. After Ferra Toss if you immediately do b121 then Ferra won't be back in time for you to do another Ferra Toss. However, if you delay it a couple of frames you will get Ferra back and still be able to do the block infinite. Walking forward works best so you can visually see when to input b121.

As you can see in the video, there's nothing I can do besides block. There is a gap to backdash before Ferra Toss but I think only some characters can backdash it in the corner. I believe this is a block infinite on characters with 8 frame or slower pokes, however most characters can low profile to get out.

Characters that I tested who can't get out:
Erron Black, Kenshi, Kitana, Takeda

What's funny is that this has been in the game since day 1 and has never been patched lol.

Credit to @EMPEROR_KNICKS for making me salty and doing this shit to me online.

@colt
Whiteboi used to do this to me lol. Knicks played me and did the same thing. Not surprised it hasn't been removed yet.

JDM

Noob
No one has ever bothered to label it "block infinite", but even the most casual of Ferra Torr mains (that would be me) would have known of this. I'm surprised it took this long for a Takeda (or any other 9f poke character) player to post anything
How is it not an infinite?

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I didn't know it was a infinite on certain characters because really I never labbed it but I knew it was tough to get out of and ferra torr was plus after oh toss by watching the Toronto weeklies and seeing biohazard always doing that to ppl in corner.

I'm sorry ferra torr players you guys went from no one giving a shit to being the main spotlight for nerfs in a matter of weeks lol

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I literally came to this conclusion yesterday when I was Fighting a F/T with no meter I tried back dashing, I tried jumping, I tried raw reversals nothing was working lol (I can prolly low profile it but it)

I'm glad to see it wasn't my execution. Thanks for putting spotlight on it

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
We've had this all along and the F/T players knew it. Obviously it never broke the character before. Did we need it? Naw. It was mostly a great way to situationally cheese the AI or players who just don't know about the gap, or get in some good chip until opponent gets a bar.

With the beta changes, a lot of stuff needs to be reworked about the character. This isn't even at the top of the priority list in my opinion. It probably should be scrapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.